main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Balance of Power

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LightSide_Apprentice, Nov 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious_Amidala

Vicious_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2002
    this name, or Vicious_Padme will be the names i will be posting with for the rest of the game.......hopefully.

i have no idea where to start.

2. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Imperial Training room

The Trio of recruits moved silently up the ridge. There infront of them lay the Rebel complex. Pierce looked out over it, and used the macroscopic feature on his stormtrooper helment to scan for both infared signatures and any obvious camera devices.

"I say that we should just go up and climb through the ventalation shaft. It'll be alarmed, but the bypass should be fairly simple. But before we get in, does anyone have any hacking abilities...I am not good. We need to hack into their security interface, record several minutes on our datafeed, and then cycle it back into all their cameras. I don't know how to do that, nor do I know if it could be done, but it's a start. Jello, do you have any suggestions?"

TAG LLTR, JELLO

3. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    OOC: The reason I said I was lost Lightside, was because I was ment to be on the flight sim in TIEs, yet that battle was already underway once I logged on and I had no idea what had happened and where to join.

IC as Sheen

Sheen's TIE came swooping down from no where. He couldn't believe he hadn't got a piece of the action, and now there was only one Y-Wing flying around... and there it was!

What seemed to be a small spot in the distance was actually the remaining Y-Wing. Sheen's speedy TIE caught up to it in no time. The Y-wing was no match for the TIE when it came to speed. The bulky fighter came fully into view and as soon as he had it locked on, Sheen slammed the trigger. Green bolts shot out from under his hull, covering the distance between the two ships in milli-seconds.

A few shots hit, the others went wide. They penetraded the back of the ship, but it wasn't enough, the ship still flew. Now Sheen was flying too fast, and it flew past his target. He couldn't believe it! Now he was dodging the blue bullets from the Y-Wing.

Sheen now only had one option, the loop manouver. He threw his contorl stick back, hard and his TIE went staight up. It kept going, but now in a wide arc above the Y-Wing. Sheen still held down the stick, and within seconds, he was back behind the Y-Wing... just where he wanted to be.

This time Sheen slowed down his speed so it was level with his enemies. And with that, he let out a long birst of fire, this time each of his shots hitting the mark. The already downed shields went down quick. Shots were now penetrating the hull, and in no time, the Y-Wing exploded briliantlly in a shower of derbis and flames.

That was it... all the Rebel ships were destroyed...

4. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Vicious_Amidala, which side are you with, cause someone can write you in or something...

5. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    Like usual, there is too much information for me to fit into a single post so here are some of the events that are of current importance. I may edit the post soon but this should do for now. Soon I will follow with an update of members and a few other small details

Ktala, Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

The Smuggler's Alliance, Secret Base

"Besides the mission info, no other questions," ZaZhen replied to the Instructor. Smiling, the Instructor was pleased with ZaZhen's determination to get on with the task at hand. He then began to outline what exactly the mission would involve. Breyden Chev and ZaZhen listened attentively.

"No doubt, you have both heard of the Corellian Run. It is a trade route that runs from the Core to the Outer Rim, beginning at Coruscant and ending past the Rishi maze near Kamino," the Instructor began. "We have been asked to pick up a supply of spice from Corellia and deliver it safely to Tatooine. The two of you will be flying Z-95's to provide me with support while I pilot a Corellian YT-1300 Transport with the spice onboard. Our objective is to deliver the spice safely, that is all. I don't want to see any fancy flying. If we do happen to engage in any Imperial or other entanglements, such as with the Corellian Security Force, we will stay focused on our mission. Once the delivery is made and we return to base where msission will end. Until then we have no other tasks which are of greater importance. If there are no further comments, let us begin," he said.

One day later, Docking Bay 94, Coronet Spaceport, Corellia

The Corellian Freighter had been fully loaded with spice and was soon headed out into space with its Z-95 Headhunter secort. The Instructor began relaying hyperspace co-ordinates to his Z-95 aids. In a few moments they would be headed to Tatooine. Unfortunately, CorSec officails had discovered the YT-1300 possessed illegal spice and was bound for the Outer Rim. Soon 2 X-Wings were flying upward from the planet's surface and headed for the Smugglers. "I only need a few more minutes for the nav-computer to calculate a our hyperspace jump co-ordinates", the Instructor said, betraying anxiety in his tone of voice. "Breyden, ZaZhen, provide me cover until then", he orderd. The X-Wings were soon upon the Smuggler's, firing their lasers at the Freighter, determined not to let it escape, for now however, it's sheilds held.

Adelaide, The_Dark_Overlord, greyjedi125, -Jaina-, Jedi_Daniel, Anakin_Padme4ever

Jedi Academy, Yavin 4

Vionna Lariika thumbed her amethyst lightsaber to life. The blade spilled purple light over its near vicinity. She raised it in a friendly, sparring manner. "Ready?" She asked her opponent, Lord Twilight. Luke Skywalker could sense Lord Twilight's thoughts. We all have slightly different views on the Force and no single person has the correct view since no one can completely comprehend the Force itself, he said mentally to the new Jedi candidate. Then he cleared his mind and focused on the task at hand.

Lord Twilight activated his training saber and began to pace around his opponent. He probed at her defenses with thrusts and jabs which she easily parried. Then, adopting a defensive stance, Lord Twilight prepard to see the power and ability Vionna Lariika would display in her own attacks. Carefully testing her opponent, Vionna twisted her lightsaber up, then down, and thrust. Lord Twilight however, easily blocked her attacks. She put more power into her strikes, giving her opponent the impression that she had given in to anger and frustration while losing focus on the battle at hand. That idea was far from her control in reality as Lord Twilight would soon find out.

Meanwhile, Chydelru Nokta and Deci were ready to begin their own duel. Deci began with a swift moove to the left and attacked. C

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Yavin 4

Ode to Joy.
    Lord Twilight's excitement was building up within him.
    Vionna posessed admirable skills with the lightsaber. She had caused him to remain in style III for longer than he had anticipated.
    And now she feigned a beserker attack.
    Vionna acted the part very well, but Lord Twilight did not sense 'true anger' emanating from her.
    He enjoyed the charade and followed suit.
    He switched to style VII himself and attacked her simultaneously.
    In a flash, they locked lightsabers.
    Lord Twilight allowed a measure of anger to fill him.
    He used it to quicky push Vionna backwards, and follow up with a diagonal slash.
    To his surprise, she had pivoted and sidesteped the attack quite nimbly.

"Impressive" he said simply and honestly, though his tone was non-commital. He ressumed an on guard position, eager to continue yet keeping focused on his opponent.

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    ZaZhen

ZaZhen soon found herself in a Z-95 Headhunter, providing support for an old YT-1300 Corellian Transport ship full of spice to Tatooine.

"Interesting test", she mused to herself. They had just left Corellia and had started receiving the hyperspace coordinates, when 2 X-wings headed for them. She soon heard the instructors voice over the radio.

"I only need a few more minutes for the nav-computer to calculate our hyperspace jump co-ordinates", the Instructor said, betraying anxiety in his tone of voice. "Breyden, ZaZhen, provide me cover until then", he orderd. The 2 X-wings were concentrating their fire on the transport.

"ZaZhen hit her comm switch.."Chev, we need to cover the freighter. I'll take the one near me."

ZaZhen peeled her ship away from the transport, and came about to engage the X-wing.

Hmmm..Their forwards shields are probably on full...let's see if their sides are covered...she thought to herself.

She came in fast, pounding the X-wing with laser cannon fire.

She kept an eye out for Breyden Chev's ship...

8. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    RAVEN-BROWN, BigKahuna, stradman

Nar Shaddaa Spaceport

Two new recruits had successfully passed their first written examination, Jaret and Jerren Rivath. They were led into an adjacent room where they were given their mission breifing, along with another recent recruit. The Instructor looked upon Raven Brown, Jaret and Jerren Rivath. "Your practical examination begins now," he said. He then then led the three out from the recruiting office and brought them to the planet's busiest spaceport. "Somewhere in this spaceport is a Human named Amrown Vendrol", he explained. "I want you to capture him alive and unharmed. Then bring him back to the recruiting office," he continued. This was to be their first practical exam and if they passed they would become real members of the Bounty Hunter's Guild. "Best of Luck," the Instructor said as he left them.

Jedi_Master_Damir, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Blue_10, Thok

Imperial Academy, Carida

The Imperial recruits had finally completed their first practical examination. They looked at eachother and noticed that Gregory Artemis Thane was not among them. They all knew that he had left the simulation early when he decided to dock with the awaiting Cruiser rather than engage the Rebel fighters. Their Instructor spoke before they could question him. "As you may notice, Gregory is not here. He had completed his practical examination and immediately sat for a second written exam, one you will all soon sit." He handed each of them their individual results and then made some general comments about the group's interaction as a team. Sheen Ollet, Striker, THX-1138 and Randal Duflin listened attentively.

IMPERIAL PRACTICAL EXAMINATION 1.1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Simulation Complex, Imperial Academy, Carida

Candidates: Sheen Ollet, Gregory Artemis Thane, Striker, THX-1138 and Randal Duflin.

SETTING: The group of recruits were deep within a forest, dressed in full stormtrooper gear, each carrying a standard Imperial issue blaster rifle.

MISSION BRIEFING: You are to locate the Rebel Outpost situated one days walk west from your current drop off point. There you will cause as much damage as possible before escaping in the Alliance's fighters. You will find that the fighters are stolen and are of Imperial design. You will make the Rebels regret stealing from the Empire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    INSTRUCTOR'S NOTES:

MISSION: The group had easily navigated the initial forest without incident and found the Rebel Outpost on the first day, as expected. Some initial conflict was expressed between the group members. The potential Imperials however soon focused on the mission at hand. A leader-figure evolved and his orders were soon taken, although reluctantly at first. One of the members managed to penetrate the Rebel Outpost and set some explosive charges before escaping in a Rebel Alliance uniform. The group was soon ready to capture their fighters from the hanger bay.

The Imperial Stormtroopers, and one disguised as a Rebel Officer, soon made their way to the hanger bay where they would escape with their Imperial design fighters. Once inside, they were greeted by a fully dressed Imperial pilot who had been later added into the simulation. He quickly handed the IMperial recruits individual pilot clothing and equipment. He further explained that he had just completed his own written examination paper and was inserted immediately into the simulation which was progressing.

Inside the hanger bay were 5 Imperial TIE fighters awaiting use by those present for their final escape to the awaiting Imperial Cruiser in orbit of the planet. The Imperials wasted no time in delaying. They were soon inside their fighters and headed toward space. One of the recruits knew his weakness was piloting starcraft and was soon head

9. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    Breyden swung in behind ZaZehn's prey and locked on with a concussion missile.

"Goodnight police boy" he muttered as he sent the X-Wing dashing away from it's trailing missile.

"I'll take the last one," he said into the com as he turned and darted after the second X-Wing, sending laser bolts flying.

10. RAVEN-BROWN

RAVEN-BROWN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Raven Brown didn'rt exactly know who he was looking for but with the picture that was provided he went on his search.

11. Long_Live_The_Rebels

Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    IC: Duke

"Im not good at hacking either, but if needed, I can make a distraction, while you guys sneak into the hanger."

Tag: WW

12. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    OCC: sorry about that. I just didnt realy know what to do.

IC:

Deci jumped back attacking on the other side and trying to kick Chydelru Nokta in the side.

13. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Imperial Training Center

The company sat on the ridge, overlooking the base. For the past 8 hours, They had been monitoring, taking notes of shift changes, and subtle hand signals that the soldiers used. The Fence around the Complex glowed as the floodlights on the towers shon down upon it. Guards walked rounds and for the most part, kept to themselves.

From the seemingly lax posture of the Rebels, it was determnined that they were not expecting an attack, nor were they prepared to defend from one.

The team came back from their scouting missions and reported.

Pierce gave his report.

"Alright, this is what I have found. First off, the Guards seem to have quadrants they worry about. They can't see eachother, and seem to communicate with their comlinks in their helments. It seems that over on the North side, there's an entrance way that could be card locked."

"I couldn't get past the fence, but I got up to it. I believe that it's a stun fence, and can't be cut, so it bottles up our enterance to three points...the North Side, the West Side and the South Side."

"Now, what did you guys find out?"

TAG

OOC: Just trying to flesh out this scenario

14. -Jaina-

-Jaina- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Yavin 4

Vionna smiled grimly. So he finally saw through it. Good for him. He had the ability, she saw, to switch forms. She preferred to stick with Form VII.

She schooled her face to an impassive state, letting Lord Twilight attack her, but blocking his attacks easily. He backed up a bit, and she took advantage of this. Running towards him as if in an attack, she executed a Force-assisted jump over Lord Twilight's head. Taking advantage of his momentary surprise, she pressed her attack.

Even during all this, she radiated an emotionless calm, showing she was in control no matter the turn of the battle.

15. Kazkid8

Kazkid8 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    REBLE BASE>>>IN SIM:

a-kaz looked over to his group and said," why can't we just make a plan now?" he took the time to look at each member. Since he got no answer he said, " we r going to be here for more than a day so what is a time of planning going to do to hurt us... besids the time taking longer?" he looked back down to the base," We have a perfict view here! I can see all the defenses..."

16. Yub_Yub

Yub_Yub Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    IC as Rahan
    As the battle progressed, Rahan noticed a new individual had come in and was taking tha masters place in the other duel. "So much for sizing up the master," he thought to himself as he narrowly dodged a swing from his opponents practice saber. He longed to get out and do more than just practice, but knew that if that is how the master wanted it, that is how it would be. "For now, anyway" he thought as he sidestepped another swing.

IC as Gihwan
    As Gihwan boarded the shuttle, he dreaded Tatooine. He was sure it would test more than just his Assassin skills. With the extreme climate and everything else, it would also test his survival skills. "Very Clever." he though to himself as he pondered the mission specs. His only regret was that he hadn't thought to smuggle his Nightstinger along, just in case. But, he had enogh to take care of a simple assaination, so he settled in for the ride.

OOC Congratulations Commander! I am also impressed with the way that this RP has taken off and am glad to be even a minor part in it since page 1.

17. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    IC:Jean

Jean turned back to his instructor.

"I greatly appreciate facing you my master, perhaps we could do it again."

Jean the turned to his new fresh apponent.

"Rylon i persume, it is a pleasure to meet you."

Jean dropped back into his stance and awaited his opponents move.

Tag: Rylon

IC: Randal

Randal was happy to hear that his mission sim was a complete success. He went to the testing room and completed his second written test.

Tag: Lightside

18. Adelaide

Adelaide Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Yavin 4

Chydelru dodged the kick and swung at Deci's head with her lightsaber while trying to trip him from underneath.

Unknown Location

Kina cocked her head and looked at Rahan. "Shouldn't you be paying more attention than this?" she swung her saber at his side, "I mean, if you were in a true fight with a someone it wouldn't be hard for you to have a fatality."

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    IC as Captain Thane

"I am proud of you, GATling." General Maximilian Veers said over the holocom. Gregory Thane sat in his academy quarters on his bed staring at the full scale image of his foster father. "The others doubted you would graduate from the Academy. They even had a betting pool going to see if you flunked first or were kicked out."

"Let me guess, dear sis' husband started it?" Gregory replied with a small grin on his face.

"He did." Veers nodded then continued. "I must admit I even had my own doubts, but I am both relieved and glad that you proved this family wrong about your ability to..."

"Behave, act civilized, and be respectful?"

The General nodded. "So where are you heading next, Captain Thane?"

"Balmorra," Gregory replied then glanced at his wristchrono, " and the next transport is leaving in thirty minutes. It'll take me half that to get my gear together and the remaining to reach the spaceport."

"Then do not allow me to detain you any further." Veers said then added. "I look forward to seeing you at Balmorra."

"You're there?" Thane asked in surprise.

"Not yet. I'm suppose to arrive for an inspection of the new garrison." Veers replied. "But that's if the Empire succeeds in occupying the planet."

"Which should not be too much of a problem for the Imperial Armed Forces."

"A bit of advice, Gregory. Do not underestimate your opponants, even when they are barbarians, for they can surprise you with untold strength." Veers advised and put on a look that showed him remembering back to something he had experienced. "A hard lesson I and several of my colleagues learned on Culroon III."

"I shall keep that advice in mind, sir." Thane replied.

"Then farewell until our next meeting, Captain." The holographic image of the famous General disappeared into nothingness. Captain Gregory Artemis Thane gathered his belongings and gear that he would need for his next assignment. In less then thirty minutes he was at the spaceport and onboard the troop carrier shuttle craft.[/blockquote]

IC as Striker

Striker completed the final exam of his training. It was simple and he already had his answer long before the question was asked. He wanted to be a pilot and the best and he would do nearly anything to reach that goal.

20. Amidala14

Amidala14 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Rebel Alliance

Feylis considered A-kaz's words.

"We're supposed to inflitrate the base and cause damage from within, not from without. I suppose that's what you were asking? But we really do need to get inside the base now," She whispered in the dark.

21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Yavin 4

"What in...!?",Lord Twilight exclaimed mentally to himself as Vionna sailed above him,landed and pressed her attack.
    Since Master Luke had not objected to her use of the Force during a lightsaber training duel, he went along with it until told different. In his rigid training regime, it was specified before hand wether or not Force powers were allowed.
    No matter, he thought, as he quickily switched yet again to style III to fend off her attacks.
    Lord Twilight again tapped on his inate anger, and called forth a wisp of its power.
    As he defended he used Force push to send Vionna flying backward.
    She recovered in mid-air as he had expected.
    Lord twilight felt a tinge of satisfaction as the first part of his set up worked.
    As Vionna landed, he used Force speed to rush at her with blinding speed and lunge at her, hoping to end the duel or atleast lock sabers again with her.
    He was surprised that he felt a growing admiration for her,but that would have to wait for after the training duel.

22. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2002
    Jaret went through out the spaceport pointing his gun at people and sticking the picture of the man in there face. "Have you seen this man???" "Have you seen this man?!?!?" "Have you seen this man?!?!?" "Say you read'n this have you seen this man?!?!?"

23. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    Adelaide, The_Dark_Overlord, greyjedi125, -Jaina-, Jedi_Daniel, Anakin_Padme4ever

Jedi Academy, Yavin 4

Lord Twilight and Vionna Lariika continue to battle. They are both very skilled and are seemingly evenly matched. Soon Lord Twilight resumed his guard position, eager to continue yet keeping focused on his opponent. Running towards him as if in an attack, Vionna Lariika executed a Force-assisted jump over Lord Twilight's head. Taking advantage of his momentary surprise, she pressed her attack. As he defended, Lord Twilight used a Force push to send Vionna flying backward. His opponent however, soon recovered. As Vionna landed, Lord Twilight used the Force to give him speed. He rushed at her and lunged, hoping to end the duel or at least lock sabers again with her.

Not far away, Deci jumped back, attacking on the other side and trying to kick Chydelru Nokta in the side. Chydelru however, dodged the kick and swung at Deci's head with her lightsaber while trying to trip him from underneath.

Remember, all of you who are participating in the lightsaber training, this is your chance to make a good impression so don't be afraid to make a post.

Ktala, Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

In orbit of Corellia

The Headhunter, piloted by ZaZhen, moved to engage one of the X-Wings. The female Falleen came in fast, pounding the X-wing with laser cannon fire. At the same time she kept an eye out for Breyden Chev's ship. The move was seemingly crazy, a Z-95 could not stand up against an Imperial TIE fighter, let alone an X-Wing. ZaZhen had taken a huge risk in providing cover fire for the Corellian Transport and would, almost certainly, pay with her life.

The X-Wing's sheild held under the extreme barrage of laser cannon fire. Soon however, the starfighter veered away to get a better angle for a new attack. Breyden swung in behind ZaZehn's prey and locked on with a concussion missile. The X-Wing was soon destroyed. "I'll take the last one," Breyden said into the com as he turned and darted after the second X-Wing, sending laser bolts flying.

It was then that the Instructor completed the calculation of the hyperspace jump co-ordinates. He relayed them to his escort Z-95's and the group was soon in hyperspace, heading for Tatooine.

Approximately one week later... In orbit of Tatooine.

In orbit of the desert planet lie an Imperial-class Star Destroyer. The Smugglers did not want to look suspicious, they quickly headed down toward the planet where they soon made the spice delivery. Not long after, the three ships were once again in space, this time departing Tatooine and heading back to Base.

When they finally got into orbit and the Instructor relayed the final jump co-ordinates to their Secret Base, the Star Destroyer launched a squadron of 12 fighters to attack them. The Smugglers would soon be dead if they didn't make a move.

Jedi_Master_Damir, Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull, Amidala14, Blue_10, plokoon480, Kazkid8, Long_Live_The_Rebels

Simulation Complex, Rebel Alliance Training Centre, Dantooine

The Rebel recruits, Rick Dorimns, Kerlit Crowgin, Daze, Siab Sug, Feylis Rhynassi and A-kaz were soon greeted by another recruit, Rob J. Frost. He soon explained that the Instructor had later inserted him into the simulation after completing his first written examination. Rob then recalled the mission instructions, You are to penetrate the Imperial Outpost situated one days climb down from your current location, there you will cause as much damage as possible before escaping in the Imperial's fighters. You will find that the fighters are of Imperial design. We would like to take them back to our own facilities to examine their technical capabilities.

I hope you guys don't mind but I

24. Vicious_Amidala

Vicious_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2002
    ooc: Do i just make up my own thing or did you say somewhere what i was suposed to do?

25. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    Vicious_Amidala, you will notice that I posted your mission in the top section of page 6. Yub_Yub and yourself are allowed to proceed at your own descretion. I will post results/updates if the need arises, although at first it's likely the two of you can have some fun with the start of your mission. May I suggest beginning with a little observation and planning of your target/operation? [face_mischief] ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.