main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Balance of the Force

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IcePirate, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    So, I got to thinkin'. If the "Chosen One" was s'posed to bring balance to the force, did he?

I mean, if we look at the "philophical theories" presented in the tales story, "force fiction," then no. Mace's theory is crap cuz even though vader came back from the dark and killed palps... palps came back. And Yoda's theory, as much as I like it... is crap with all those jedi and darksiders and such running about in hiding or not after order 66.

There are other theories floatin' about (please share them if you can), but what i think this all boils down to is a need for another Vader story. be it novel, series, whatever.... maybe it will be addressed in the live action series. this story needs to straight out have Vader be the badass he's supposed to be, not a wuss in any form, and also have Anakin/Vader fulfill his destiny and the prophesies about him.... or something. maybe he fulfilled it already... but some clarification would be nice... y'think?

2. More_Friendly_Robots

More_Friendly_Robots Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2007
    If I remember right, Lucas said that Palpatine was the imbalance, and Vader fulfilled the prophecy when he shafted Dr. Sidious.

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Lucas definitely said that Anakin fulfilled the Prophecy in RotJ.

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Then someone explain to me what the hell Jacen thinks he's doing.

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    The only retcon I can think of is that the Prophecy is fulfilled but that it's more ambiguous in-universe. Caedus is also well, insane.

6. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    IU, characters aren't aware of when prophecies are or aren't fulfilled.

It's not like when Vader killed Palpatine, that quintillions of people suddenly felt a "ding" go off in their heads.

7. StaryKnight

StaryKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2006
    Cadeus doesn't care about bringing balance. He cares about establishing a forced peace on people so he doesn't have to deal with wars anymore.

8. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Which shows how much of a delusional idiot he is. One can prevent wars sometimes, but you'll have to destroy the entire civilization to bring an end to all wars.

9. RaidonMakoto

RaidonMakoto Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2007
    My theory is that killing Palpatine opened the door for many new Jedi and many new Sith to come back. Bane probably imbalanced the force by only having two Sith, so with both of the Banite Sith gone, it opened the door to having as many Sith as Jedi, granted, it would take a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.