main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Balance Of The Force

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Many people have wondered about what the phrase "balance of the Force" means when referring to Anakin, although many speculate that it's how he wipes out the last of the Sith. This was in Mace Windu's databank entry:

Reversals such as these troubled Master Windu, for they came about too suddenly, and the usually prescient Jedi were unprepared. Something was clouding the future, and the order's very connection to the Force was weakening. That a Sith Lord existed, somewhere in the galaxy, was not in doubt, but could this shadowy villain really bring this much imbalance to the Force?

I take this to mean that by eliminating the Sith, the Jedi can once again regain control of their connection to the Force. That being said, yes, I would say that Anakin is the balance of the Force because he "kills" Vader and Palpatine, the last of the Sith.

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I agree.I think that the very existance of the Sith is what's causing the imbalance,and that by doing away with their influence,the Force is brought back into balance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.