main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Balance Point, what the heck...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jainas_Lover, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jainas_Lover

Jainas_Lover Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2001
    On the cover of Balance Point there is a huge picture of two HUGE Super Star Destroyers. My question is, where in the book are ships of that kind even mentioned? Does the NR even build Super Star Destroyers? Was this supposed to be some kind of reminder about the Empire? What are those ships doing there?

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    not a clue, but if you want a laugh, read the Bounty Hunter Wars and look at the covers. Theres original stuff on each! :)

3. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    It also had Jaina upside down in a bacta tank with nothing but a bed sheet for modesty.

And Those were Jelly fish/SSD hybrids. I think they were supposed to mimic Orbita habitats around Duros

4. Jainas_Lover

Jainas_Lover Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2001
    I kinda thought they might be the orbiting cities around Duro to, because of the domes the SSD's were attached too, but that just doesn't make any sense. The Domes alone would've signified that to me, why are the SSD's attached to them? I mean dang, if they have massive Super Star Destroyers attached to all of them why the heck wouldn't them come into play. I guess it could be that the artists were trying to represent the huge engines that the cities have, but if so they chose a very cheap and stupid way to do that since the back of a Super Star Destroyer is pretty recognizable.

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    They created a whole new race of Bothan with the one on the Spectre of the Past cover, since no one realized they looked completely different. [face_plain]

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The Bothan on Spectre of the Past was the same as the one in the Thrawn and X-wing comics and in Galaxies and the Essential Guide to Aliens, the only real difference between all of those being how pronounced the muzzle is.

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Every Bothan looks different :)

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    In my mind the "official" Bothan is the one in galaxies -- furred and muzzled, but the muzzle not so pronounced as to make a human style smile or kiss impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.