main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Balance to the Force? (Here's what I think)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by sky_walker1029, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sky_walker1029

sky_walker1029 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    This is something I know probably has been covered but this is my opinion and I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it. It was said that Anakin would bring balance to the force. My belief is that he did so when he killed the emperor in ROTJ, not when he turned to the dark side. Ultimately he turns on his master and I believe, restores the balance to the force that the Sith had control of. Any comments?

2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Um, yeah. Of course. That was the whole point. The fact that the Sith are around is why the Force is out of balance. For their to be balance, there can be no Sith.

3. boostincoyote

boostincoyote Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    thats exactly what i think. i dont think that when the prophecy says balance to the force it means equal light and dark i think it just means no darkside. since the jedi say the dark side clouds everything, the darkside is like a disease and has the force out of balance

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I think the only way for the force to be balanced was the destruction of a large number of force users. Let's say, Palpatine was killed before ROTS somehow, and Dooku was killed too. No more Sith, and yet there would be thousands and thousands of Jedi using the light side. Sounds unbalanced to me...

I think it all worked out in the end...

5. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    No, Balance to the Force is the destruction of the Sith once and for all by the Jedi. It's not balance like you get on a set of scales.

6. dL-Fett

dL-Fett Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    i also believe thats bringing balance to the force... but at the begining of ANH theres 2 jedi and 2 sith

7. Short_Round

Short_Round Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Balance = No Sith

Per GL

Done

8. Darth_Roadkill

Darth_Roadkill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Short_Round has it right. GL Canon states that Anakin brought balance when he killed Sidious and in effect, killed Vader.

Think of the balance like this, Darkness is the natural state of the universe, darkness hides in your shadow in direct light, darkness hides beneath your feet, all the dark has to do is wait for the sun to go down, before it can engulf everything.

However, like a jedi, it only takes 1 small candle, to hold the darkness at bay.

When people twist the Force to there dark purpose they are tipping the scales towards the darkness.

Nature finds balance when left alone, this includes the jedi because they listen to the will of the force.

The Sith make the Force do their bidding instead of listening to it. That is why they tip the scales,
    "The dark side of the force, is a pathway to powers some would call, Unnatural"

DRK

9. Lixsta

Lixsta Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Something like my theory. But in my theory the flawed Jedi order had to be destroyed as well as the Sith for the force to be in balance.

10. Darth_Roadkill

May 19, 2005
    I agree the OJO was flawed and would eventually end in ruins if it did not change. I also think that the destruction of the OJO was part of the prophecy that the Jedi did not account for. The NJO ROCKS compared to the OJO. Even if you have alot more New Jedi falling to the dark side, nearly all of them have been brought back to the light....

Sorry for bringing my EU heracy into the movie forums.

11. Han_the_Man_Solo

Han_the_Man_Solo Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    I think this could be another one of George Lucas' deliberately ambiguous plot strings. All the different interpretations put forward in this thread seem equally plausible.

I think the wording of the prophecy must have been pitched to allow for Anakim's mixed future i.e. as a good but arrogant Jedi who becomes an evil Sith Lord before eventually redeeming himself just before his death. Any other type of prophecy would not have run true with those whom had seen the OT. I think Anakim's whole life is supposed to bring balance to the force although the scales slide dramatically each way over the course of it. Anakim participates in the destruction of most of the Jedi yet unwittingly sows the seed of its renaissance by fathering Luke and Leia, yet another example of eventual balance via a turbulant route.

12. Darth_Roadkill

May 19, 2005
    I really like you Han the Man, we see I 2 I...

not in a gay way though...

drk

13. Darth_Satus

Darth_Satus Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    i heard somewhere that since sith feed off the force and "use" the force to make them stronger and powerful, instead of using it as their ally for defense and knowledge, that was how the force is out of balance.

14. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    This thread will be locked in...Honestly, DUH!!! You're just now figuring this out?

15. DarkSider99

DarkSider99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2005
    the way i see it is that he did bring balance to the force but not the way the jedi expected. he did kill many jedi but in the end there were 2 sith and 2 jedi(yoda and obiwan). so in a way he did bring balance to the force

16. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    DarkSider99, I've heard that many times, and it still eramins the dumbest thing I've ever seen on any forum. The fact is, the "balace to The Force" that the Jedi are talking about is that The Force is out of balance now because of the cloud of the dark sid e the Sith have brought over it. Anakin is prophesized to destroy the Sith and, in the process, as Mace Windu put it in AOTC "bring The Force back into balance."

Slimy!

17. Darth_Satus

Darth_Satus Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    calm down slimybug dang its just a thread!

18. J_DUBB

J_DUBB Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    I think we are all wrong Luke was the chosen one! he brought it all back! he yelled to his father and kinda manipulated him to pick up SIDs and throw him in that thingy in rotj he brougt the force into balance at least thats wut i think!

19. DarkSider99

DarkSider99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2005
    slimybug it was just a theory so just calmdown

20. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Ok, all thories aside, here are the facts:

Anakin is the Chosen One.

Why? He bought balance to the force.

How? He destoyed the Sith, ie he killed The Emperor in ROTJ.

GL has explained that 'balance' does NOT mean equal numbers of jedi:sith.

Balance in fact means NO sith. He explains that the SIth is like a 'cancer' on the force and only once this cancer is removed is the force in balance.

EOS

21. Darth_Roadkill

May 19, 2005
    well put solo

DRK

22. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    What if there is no light or dark side?

23. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    TRUE: sky_walker1029, you and everyone who agreed with you are correct

TRUE: anakin is the chosen one

TRUE: no sith = balance

FALSE: luke is the chosen one

FALSE: 2 jedi and 2 sith = balance

PROOF: http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/f20050518/indexp9.html

i need not explian myself as i wasted my time doing over and over again because here it is from the man himself
    (look under the quesiont "is this the last theatrical star wars movie?"

24. darth_padme_amidala

darth_padme_amidala Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    here's my thoughts on "balance." in order to get balance both sides of the spectrum must be eliminated, right? So anakin is the chosen one. he brought "balance" to the force. first he destroyed one side, the jedi, then he destroyed the other, the sith. the balance has been brought

and don't ask me about luke...
    i haven't thought that part out yet

25. greviousrules

greviousrules Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2005
    I think this... In Ep. 1 there were 1000000 some Jedi and 2 sith.
    In Ep.4 there were 2 of each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.