main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Balance To The Force (post-TPM AU, Obi-Wan, Palpy, Yoda, Mace, Qui-Gon, bit of Siriwan) COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lincoln_6_Echo, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    New story time! :)

TITLE: Balance To The Force
    AUTHOR: Lincoln_6_Echo
    GENRE: general, angst
    PAIRING: a hint of Siriwan, but very canon like
    TIMEFRAME: Prequel Trilogy, AU
    SUMMARY: Post-TPM AU. Newly knighted Obi-Wan Kenobi is sent on an undercover mission. He must find the Sith master and kill him in order to fulfil the Chosen One prophecy and bring balance to the Force...

PART ONE

Naboo, Royal Palace, medical Ward.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Padawan, was sitting at his master?s bedside, his blue-grey eyes fixed on the white sheet that covered Qui-Gon?s chest, rising and falling at the rhythm of his breath.

The royal healers had reassured the young man his master was doing well and would recover, but still Obi-Wan felt the need to reassure himself that his mentor, friend and father figure was alive.

The image of Qui-Gon collapsing in the melting pit, his body passed through by the Sith?s red blade, would be forever etched in his memory, a constant reminder of how he had failed his master. If only he had been quicker and less impulsive; if only he had not allowed the Sith to separate them, if only-

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and rubbed his smooth chin, as he tried to release his feelings of regrets into the Force. Qui-Gon was always saying him to live in the moment, to focus only on the present.

But if Obi-Wan was somehow able to let go of the past, he could not do the same with the future.

The elusive feeling that had assaulted him on the Viceroy?s ship a few days before had returned and was now stronger. The Padawan was not able to tell exactly what it was or to pinpoint its origins. He just felt the Republic was in danger.

Was it because of the Sith?s return? Even if the Council members that had come to examine the body of the red-tattooed warrior Obi-Wan had killed had yet to express their opinion, the young man was sure the Zabrak had been a Sith, and that he had been the apprentice, not the master.

The master, the Dark Lord, was somewhere out there and Obi-Wan could almost feel him and sense his rage directed at him. Calling at him.

The Padawan shivered and shifted his weight on the chair, as he tried to banish that haunting thought, blaming his sense of guilt for it.

Obi-Wan was aware that he had been very close to the Dark Side the day Qui-Gon had been wounded.

The rage he had felt toward the creature that had slain his master had made him powerful, giving him the strength to resolve the dangerous situation he had fallen into, and kill the Zabrak when everything seemed lost.

The desperation he had felt when he had held Qui-Gon in his arms had given him the skills to start a deep healing trance that had allowed him to keep his master alive until medical rescue had arrived. Or at least he thought it was his desperation, because he could not exactly remember that moment.

Whatever the case, Obi-Wan knew he had touched the darkness not one, but two times?and yet he did not feel tainted. To the contrary, the light seemed to shine brightly in him, even more than before.

But that is only your opinion, Kenobi, he told to himself. Wait and see what Master Yoda and Master Windu will say about it.
    As if on cue the door opened, and Mace Windu appeared on the threshold.

Obi-Wan stood up at once, and bowed his head in salute, ?Master Windu.?

?Come with me, Padawan Kenobi; Master Yoda wishes to talk with you.?

The younger man nodded and after giving a final glance to his sleeping master, he moved to the door and left the room.

-----

Obi-Wan followed Master Windu to a large room with a marble pavement and tall windows, through which the sunlight entered, creating plays of shadows and light over the scarce furniture.

Yoda was sitting on a low chair in the middle of the room, and Windu indicated Obi-Wan should take one of the two remaining empty seats.

The young man obeyed, although he found it a bit surprising. Padawans did not sit in the presence of Council members, especially when they were going to be questioned

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Very nice start. I'd be grateful for PM update here. I'd love to follow this.

3. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006

Thank you! And I will certainly add you my PM list. :)

4. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Woo hoo! Another story from you! I can't wait to see where this goes![face_dancing]

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I am thrilled!![:D]

Another Obi-Wan story and indications of a chosen nature as well.

Whatever the case, Obi-Wan knew he had touched the darkness not one, but two times?and yet he did not feel tainted. To the contrary, the light seemed to shine brightly in him, even more than before.
    Yoda knows something[face_dancing]

Please add me to your PM list.[face_praying]

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Nicely done. I liked that Obi-Wan was afraid of what the masters might think but also was willing to face the truth of what he had done. At least Qui-Gon is still alive. I wonder what Yoda means by waiting for it..

Put me on your PM list.

7. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    That is a fascinating premise to begin this story. Looks very promising so far.

Your characterisation of Obi-Wan was extremely faithful to the portrayal of him in TPM, and the description of how Obi-Wan's desperate love for his Master saved Qui-Gon's life was deeply poignant.

Very interesting that there has been no mention of Anakin so far, and I love the hints of 'Chosen Wan-ness'! :D If my assumptions are correct, it's also intriguing to note that Obi-Wan was able to access his Chosen power because of his desire to save Qui-Gon, even after twenty-five years of Jedi training.

Could you please PM me when you update this?

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?Blasphemous it is not, Obi-Wan. Not for you. For many years, waiting for this moment we have been. Now, arrived it has.?

Ah...interesting. I shall of course follow this with interest.

9. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great story so far, pm with the update.

10. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Excellent start, can I be on the PM list?

11. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Very interesting start!
    And Qui-Gon ist still alive :D [face_dancing]

Can you add me to your PM list, please?!

12. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Good start, I think this will be interesting. Mostly I still can't quite get my head around the lack of Anakin as the Chosen One, but your stories always make it seem like a natural idea. Can you add me to the PM list, please?

13. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Fat_Bird

Woo hoo! Another story from you! I can't wait to see where this goes!

I hope you will enjoy it!

Gkilkenny

I am thrilled!!

Good! :D

Another Obi-Wan story and indications of a chosen nature as well.

Yeah, this is a "Chosen Wan" story.

Please add me to your PM list.

You are always on my PM list!

dianethx

Nicely done. I liked that Obi-Wan was afraid of what the masters might think but also was willing to face the truth of what he had done. At least Qui-Gon is still alive. I wonder what Yoda means by waiting for it..

Obi-Wan knows where his duty is and knows that must face the masters to be judged for his mistakes-- and by doing so, bybeing honest, he found absolution and peace. As for Yoda, you will learn what he means in the next, longer chapter.

Cael-Fenton

That is a fascinating premise to begin this story. Looks very promising so far.

Thank you. I hope you will enjoy the rest too.

Your characterisation of Obi-Wan was extremely faithful to the portrayal of him in TPM, and the description of how Obi-Wan's desperate love for his Master saved Qui-Gon's life was deeply poignant.

:)

Very interesting that there has been no mention of Anakin so far, and I love the hints of 'Chosen Wan-ness'! If my assumptions are correct, it's also intriguing to note that Obi-Wan was able to access his Chosen power because of his desire to save Qui-Gon, even after twenty-five years of Jedi training.

As I said above, this is indeed a "Chosen Wan" story. Anakin will appear but only briefly. As for Obi-wan accessing his power out of love, I think thatwhat he did was out of instinct and he did not stop to think if he was going against the Code or not. And I also know that had he failed, had Qui-Gon died, he would have not turn to the dark side, but just grevied as in the canon.

Could you please PM me when you update this?

Sure!

Valairy_Scot

Ah...interesting. I shall of course follow this with interest.

I hope you will like it. I will post more on Monday.

sdhfs

great story so far, pm with the update.

Thank you and sure, I will PM you!

Ascal_Elessar

Excellent start, can I be on the PM list?

Thank you and of course!

Fifilla

Very interesting start!

Thank you!

And Qui-Gon ist still alive

Yes, he is...even if is awakening won't be very pleasant....

Can you add me to your PM list, please?!

Sure!

Iaranon

Good start, I think this will be interesting. Mostly I still can't quite get my head around the lack of Anakin as the Chosen One, but your stories always make it seem like a natural idea. Can you add me to the PM list, please?

Hello, nice to see you again. I am happy you are willing to read a story not featuring Anakin as the Chosen One despite him being your favourite character. I posted the story on Ffnet too and this what one of myusual readers (I know her to be an Anakin-devotee) wrote:

I won't read a fic which concerns the Chosen One Prophesy in any shape or form that does NOT include Anakin as The Chosen One. And frankly, this sounds almost as if you are setting up Obi-Wan as the Chosen One, and that is just a storyline I won't abide.

Thank you for being more open minded!! I know it is not easy-- I think it is the same thing I feel when a read a story where Obi-Wan turns to the dark side...

As for the PM, you are on my list!

14. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This was an amazing start and now I?m really curies to find out more. Please add me to the pm list, thanks.

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm gald to see Obi-Wan was honest with Yoda and Mace about drawing on the darkside to defeat Maul, though it was interesting he didn't realize it wasn't the darkside that helped him put Qui-Gon in a healing trance.

Very nice beginning. Thanks for the PM - I'm looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

16. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Sounds like a nice beginning. It was nice of Obi to admits the truth and the council being understanding. Now let's see what happens next.

17. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Wow, I really liked this scene. PM, please? And I'm wondering how Anakin will be fitted into the picture. What's Qui-Gon going to say when he finds out Ani isn't the chosen one? Ah, well. Keep writing!

18. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Star_Angel

This was an amazing start and now I?m really curies to find out more. Please add me to the pm list, thanks.

Happy you like it! And of course you are on my PM list!

KELIA

I'm gald to see Obi-Wan was honest with Yoda and Mace about drawing on the darkside to defeat Maul, though it was interesting he didn't realize it wasn't the darkside that helped him put Qui-Gon in a healing trance.

Obi-Wan was too shaken and worried for his master to realize what was going on. He was also aware he had touched the dark side (and already feeling guilty because of it) to defeat Maul. He was not exactly thinking straight at the moment.

Very nice beginning. Thanks for the PM - I'm looking forward to more

I hope you will enjoy the rest of the story too.

Crazydan

Sounds like a nice beginning. It was nice of Obi to admits the truth and the council being understanding. Now let's see what happens next.

Thank you, happy you liked the first part. As for Yoda and Mace being understanding, they know a lot about Obi-Wan no one else know. All this story is based on my theory about what "bringing balance to the Force" means. Wait and see.

Raptor517

Wow, I really liked this scene.

Thank you!

PM, please?

Sure!

And I'm wondering how Anakin will be fitted into the picture. What's Qui-Gon going to say when he finds out Ani isn't the chosen one? Ah, well. Keep writing!

Anakin makes only a brief appearance in this story, yet, in a way, his role will be very important, at least for one person...Wait and see. I will post more on Monday.

19. bmwgurl17

bmwgurl17 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    :D Im very interested!

20. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Happy to read it!:D I will post more on Monday!

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Thanks for the PM. This is a great start. I can't wait for more :)

22. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Very good! I'm very interested to see where this goes!

Could I get a PM please? :)

-Krystal

23. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Wow! That's quite a beginning. I'd like to on the pm list as well if you've got one going.

24. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    A flash of light, Masters. Inside me. I now realize it not only gave me the power I needed to sustain and replace my master?s depleted life force, but it also dispelled the shadows still lingering inside me.? Obi-Wan shook his head slightly, then stared straight at Yoda and added, ?I-I have never felt something like that before. I felt like being the only one in the Force?to be the Force, if this did not sound so blasphemous.?

?Blasphemous it is not, Obi-Wan. Not for you. For many years, waiting for this moment we have been. Now, arrived it has.?

Interesting begining! Please put me on your pm list. Oh by the way the SiriWan hook got me!

25. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    PadawanKitara

Thanks for the PM. This is a great start. I can't wait for more

Thank you! I will post more tomorrow.

KrystalBlaze

Very good! I'm very interested to see where this goes!

Thank you! I hope you willenjoy the story.

Could I get a PM please?

Sure!:)

Opal

Wow! That's quite a beginning.

:D Thanks!

I'd like to on the pm list as well if you've got one going.

You are on!

obsessedwithSW

Interesting begining!

Thanks!

Please put me on your pm list.

You are on!

Oh by the way the SiriWan hook got me!

Siri will appear in later chapters...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.