main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends " BALANCE WITHIN THE FORCE "*01/08* OWEN STRUTS HIS STUFF & IS GOOD AT IT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    very good! Sorry I haven't posted lately--I've been reading though! Keep it coming--I can't wait to see how this works out!

2. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    QUI-GON!!! How could you? :mad:

You get right back there and save that boy!

3. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Well humph!

4. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_blush] I have straggled behind long enough. I must have lost my way in the snow. :eek:

That was a hard parting for Qui-Gon, Obi too!

5. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Ohh, you ice-cold Jedi! :mad: You will regret, some day you will regret deeply. Poor Obi! :_|

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I want to thank all of you for being so gracious with your feedback and your patience. Here is your post!!!GUS SAYS HI[BOW-WOW BOW-WOW]

###############

Nothing further was discussed with the city?s Proctor, concerning the Kragorians. Mace went about his business of locating physicians that might have records of the Kenobi family, vital DNA records that could prove or disproved the exact identity of the **FOUR** bodies** behind the barn on the Kenobi farm.

However, Qui-Gon did not abandon his efforts to go forward with his mission. He wanted to learn more about Rayos' possible takeover by Risi and his men and make every attempt to find out if the Kenobi deaths were indeed the handiwork of the Kragorians or not.

It was unlike us as Jedi to jump to a conclusion without substantiating it with concrete proof. I wonder why Mace, with his council expertise did not remind us, if not outright then subtly of that very fact.

Their quest for answers about the Kragorians and the Kenobi?s led the Jedi through the city as they roamed from establishment to establishment; restaurants, galleries, corner stores, anywhere others were is where the three Jedi went to seek out information.

Master Jinn wanted to know if the razing of the Kenobi farm was indicative of the way the Kragorians treated the families they?d? decided to take land from or families they took children from to enslave.

?Master Jinn, The gruesome murders committed at the Kenobi farm was out of the norm for the Kragorians. In fact, they wanted the homes intact, and the young ones alive for their people if I understand correctly some the Rayosians that I have spoken with. It fits the M.O. you gave us about the Kragorians. Strange isn?t it?? Swenson voiced his opinion and was followed by Knight Davies.

?It is the same with those I interviewed, Master Jinn. Makes sense. Why destroy totally something you have to just rebuild when your own people settle here, assuming of course the Kragorians? takeover is a successful one.?

?Yes, this particular act the murder of four people and the total destruction of their farm, animals and some of the farm land is a quagmire event that will need to be followed up thoroughly. It could be a criminal on the loose, some mad man, a serial killer perhaps.?

### The 3 Jedi in a small café for last meal.##

Qui had already commed Mace and he was on his way to join them for last meal.

?True, all you have said both of you, is true. Then why was the Kenobi farm so destroyed, the family brutally murdered??

Qui-Gon had wanted nothing more than to forget about Little Ben, A.K.A. Obi-Wan? He couldn?t though. Part of the puzzle of the invasion of Rayos by Tesis was the Kenobi farm and Ben believed himself to be a member of that family. In the back of his mind was the little one he had become so attached too. Yes, he had accepted his job, his duty, the mission on Rayos but there was no way all his thoughts of Ben was totally wiped away from Jinn?s mind.

Mace?s attention was instantly drawn to his friend and crèche-mate Qui-Gon Jinn. He noticed the look on the other master?s face, recognized it as one he?d seen before. He knew just about every little crinkle in the man?s face and knew the reason for every crease made by Qui?s often expression-filled features. Sometimes his expression told more than the Big Jedi master was willing to voice.

A crease on each side of his mouth with its corners turned up was usually from something humorous said or a good thought that passed through his mind.

If Master Jinn donned a deep furrowed brow, it meant something had not gone well, if he bit his lip with the frown there was concern along with what ever hadn?t clicked for the master. The look on Jinn?s face now was real raw sadness. His eyelids drooped, not from exhaustion, but from what he perceived as failure of his duties. Mace knew Jinn felt obligated in some odd way to see that the child, Ben was cared for and he now felt he had failed in that obligation.

7. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    First post honors!!

Good job, ewen! I've been wondering what's gone on since they left Ben. I can't wait to find out more....

Two Thumbs Way Up!

8. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Yeah ,what happend to Ben ehh Obi-Wan? Can't wait for more! :)

9. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_thinking] Questions are building around the Kenobi farm.

I?m glad Qui is still thinking about Obi-Wan but even when the force kicks him in the head he misses it. :p

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh Qui for one who does listen... you failed in that aspect this time! hehehe

Great job! ;) the suspense and mystery thickens!

11. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    The plot the suspense... They all thicken! great job hope for more soon.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very, very nice! I'm loving this.

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Interesting twist

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It was entirely unlike Qui-Gon to wake up dreading to face the day but that is exactly how he felt the next morning.

?There lingered in his mind nagging thoughts about the boy, the boy, Ben Obi-Wan whatever anyone wanted to call him that the force seemed hell-bent to throw him at him. The only problem with that was if he accepted what the force told him; to keep Obi-Wan at his side, he had a council master who every step of the way tried to tell him with the little One at his side Qui had become derelict in in his Jedi duties.?

I have never before put the ideals of the council masters ahead of the force why this time? As soon as I have finished here with my mission I will find Ben and see that what has become of him.

####################

In an aslym/ school for th mentally deranged and confused a new patient had just arrived.

The oldest matron of the asylum watched as one of the newer and much younger matrons roughly handled the new child brought in. Matron Parsons, oldest and wisest of the overseers of the children at the Rayosian Sanitarium had never approved of cruel handling of the children there, no matter the age or degree of their mental problems.

"Matron Kayson, "tack", remember, use a little tack with these new ones brought in and you won?t have as much trouble with them later on."

?The young lady who to Matron Parsons resembled a witch told in stories she?d heard growing up, took on an even more ominous and disturbing witch-like attributes the longer she tried unsuccessfully to get the new little one to do as he was told.

?I am trying to get that ridiculous band off his leg. The physicians told me to remove it. I have the vibro scissors to cut through it but it seems this unnamed boy is also unruly and unwilling to behalf. He has no intention of allowing me to do so.?

Matron Parson watched as Kayson nearly cut the boy with the cutting instrument in her hand. He had no plans to hold still and without htying him to the bed the older matron knew Matron Kayson would not be successful without possibly cutting his leg off as well.

Just as quick as the boy jumped when he heard the power of the vibro scissors turn on is how fast Parsons moved to stop the woman. She jerked her younger counterpart?s arm so hard, the vibro scissors few across the room.

Kayson showed a flash of anger before she regained he composure. On 30 days probation she realized instantly that anger was one thing the matrons hired to deal with the young children were not allowed to display.

?Why may I ask did you do that? I could have had that blasted thing off his leg by now."

?Yes, and his foot as well. It would have been a bloody mess. You can?t begin to get that off with the resistance he is putting up. Leave it for now. I will explain to the healers. I will also tape it so that it does not injure him further. He has no home, no name. The least we can do is allow him this? this silly little metal band. It seems to hold some importance to him. I am not willing to injure him to find what lengths he will go too to keep it? Are you??

?How could it mean anything to him? It is a piece of junk."

Tears became to stream fro the young boy?s eyes. The older matron laid her hand comfortingly on his shoulder.

?Junk to you or me, maybe, but to him it is important and for now he will be allowed to keep it on.?

Master Jinn?s little Ben relaxed and calmed under the touch of someone who appeared to care a little about him.

But I also have to stay on guard. I thought Master Jinn cared *SOME* for me and look what he did with me.

The young boy, Ben, possibly Obi-Wan nestled in the small cot that would serve as his bed while he was there and fell fast asleep.

####################

With tired eyes and a weary heart Qui-Gon Jinn, along with the other three Jedi with him entered the city Proctor?s office.

Master Jinn was a little surprised that there were two other people in there with him and one of them was Risi the head of the Kragorians.

?Master Win

15. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    I understand why Jinn wanted to avoid this day. [face_frustrated]

Obi is fighting to keep his suppressor, nasties at the asylum, apparent instant peace between enemies and then...

Lars.

All the little ducks are in a row, but nothing fits. [face_thinking]

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Altaira Finally someone read the post.

Yes, nothing fits and that is just the way I want it for now.

If the force inhibitor comes off too soon, there goes the story!!

Also something to wonder about. Yoda knows about Obi what he looks like. I have to do something with Yoda from spilling the beans too soon....Kill him maybe, stuff a sock in his mouth and lock him in the closet. My decision will come later when I get to that section of the story.

ewen

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh.. not good not good at all. They want to deal with Ben? *Sniff* Poor Qui... you are gonna have to make a hard decision.

Great chappie! :D

18. ConStar

ConStar Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    You have me hooked with your story, Ewen. Go on, please.

So you think about what to do with Yoda? Well your idea with the closet and the socks might turn out dangerous for you. I can almost hear the little troll say "Free me you will. Tasty these socks are not. Do something about that YOU will." And whacks you on the shin with his cane. :D

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    evil daddy Kenobi.

So is his wife really dead? probably....

20. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    sorry I haven't posted before--I had some problems pulling this up the past couple of days--but I did read it! I can't wait to see where you take this! Poor Ben!!

21. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Really good, ewen. =D=

Lars seems like a tough customer. I wouldn't want to have to deal with him.

22. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    Sorry I haven't posted. This story is always good so ybe redundant...

23. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey ewen!
    Sorry to have not replied in so long...school's been insane!

Anyways, just caught up, and I am loving it more and more!

24. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback. Sorry this is short. I have a cold, no not that sick, but miserable and have not been doing much but work and sleep. Hope this will suffice until later in the week-ewen

######################

?Well I would say we were dismissed in quick order.?

?Too quick if you ask me Mace. There was no mention of us going back to Coruscant when we met with the City Proctor the night before.?

?Only when Risi showed up. I noticed a certain tension in the Proctor, something? I can?t put my finger on it.?

?Fear?? Maybe it was fear you saw in him. That Kenobi man is nothing like I thought he would be, if he were Ben?s father.?

?Qui, we know now he is not and yes I agree with you now. I don?t know which man?s presence had the City Proctor more worried, Risi or Lars Kenobi.?

?I wonder what he meant? That comment that now Ben was his. I don?t think Ben tried to scam the situation for profit.?

?No I think he was way off base there but Qui you know your Ben is not the Kenobi boy.?

?I know, but I think I will comm. Yoda anyway.. He gave us an entirely different impression of the Kenobi family. At least the father, a hard working little dirt farmer with a little pull in the senate. I saw more than a little pull. Had I not known better, I would have said Lars Kenobi had more control of the situation than Risi or at least as much.?

?Did seem like he was a major player didn?t it? Maybe contacting Master Yoda would not be such a bad idea. We need to know if anything that was said in that office was true. Are the Rayosians content with the Kragorians or is it some ploy to get us to leave? Yes, make that comm just as soon as we get back to our rooms.?

Master Jinn found himself anxious to talk with his former master. He actually thought it would make him feel better. Little Ben had caused a melancholy like none he?d known before, to fall over him.

No, he would take that thought back. The episode in his life where his one padawan turned to the dark side and very nearly caused Jinn?s death had set him in a depression for months. When he first met Ben, it was the first time he felt comfortable around a child again, after *Xani* and had thoughts of another apprentice. Now that Ben was gone, a boy he knew only a couple of days, Qui-Gon felt himself slipping back into the same downheartedness as before.

Yes, it will be good to see and speak with Master Yoda. He might be able to tell me why I feel this way because I honestly don?t know.

Once back in the room, Swenson and Knight Davies set to finding out as much as they could about the Krogarians. They had all the data on the unusual aggressive people from Kragos, but Mace had them work on finding out more.

?See if we have overlooked something, check and see if Risi had ever managed to get to city officials and corrupt them, thus putting the people in peril over it.?

Mace and Jinn both began to feel more and more that something was not quite right: that just maybe Risis and his men had taken over Rayos and its people but wanted to give the appearance that they hadn?t, possibly to shake the Jedi off his back. Risi had battled them once, and just maybe, Jinn thought, Risi had no wish to battle against the Jedi again. Far easier a task of ridding us if he could get us to believe a peace agreement has been formed. That way we, the Jedi would be on our way back to Coruscant, none the wiser to their deception and trickery.

Qui-Gon was almost giddy with the idea that he might learn more about *Ben* from Master Yoda. He walked outside to keep his conversation private. He didn?t want the two knights with him to know how much he still relied on his old beloved master. Most former apprentices, now masters would, just as Master Jinn did now, reach through a small tentacle of a bond shared between master and apprentice, no matter their age. The bond, seemingly like magic flared up, reached through the force, and reactivated when trouble arose.

Even though he was outside, Jinn t

25. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Now Yoda is in trouble...? Whatever will happen to poor little Ben without Yoda to help confirm who he is??
    I'm glad you posted--hope you feel better soon, ewen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.