main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends " BALANCE WITHIN THE FORCE "*01/08* OWEN STRUTS HIS STUFF & IS GOOD AT IT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I am so sorry to hear you are depressed. You give us so much joy with your work here. Hope you come back soon. My thoughts are with you.

2. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    Soory to hear your day was so bad.

3. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Sorry to hear of your trouble. Sometimes things look better with time.

I think a lot of us are wanting to move to Canada after Tuesday. ;) I really hope everything sorts out okay for you.

I?ll miss you and remember you have friends here if you need to talk.

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

Thanx for waiting out my misery?. I just can?t stay away from you guys. Here is a teaser with a long post already written and will be up Wednesday after I go over again.

##################

All four Jedi left Rayos for Coruscant but two did not go. They got off the ship and procured a small ship of their own. Mace and Qui-Gon headed for Kragor but without the knowledge of Risi and his men still on Rayos.

Master Windu sent the two knights, Swenson and Davies back to Coruscant. The wise council master and along with Master Jinn hired two strangers at the first planet they landed on for passenger pickup. Qui-Gon spotted the Kragorian that followed them to make sure they really went to Coruscant.. The two strangers wore the Jedi robes of the high masters as if the four Jedi continued their journey but of course they did not.

While Jinn and Windu streaked across the galaxy to Kragor in search of Master Yoda, the conversation with Owen Kenobi kept going over in Qui-Gon?s mind.

Find your Master Yoda and you will find your *Ben*.

I do hope the young man, Owen Kenobi is right. I hope I find out about Ben and Yoda.

With the thoughts of his kidnapped master and the whereabouts of Ben, Master Jinn adjusted his speed faster and faster.

Mace shot him an odd look as he grabbed hold of the armrest of his seat and the ship shot rapidly to its maximum warp speed.

######ON KRAGOR######

?On his ankle it still is. Good thing that might be, bad thing it could also be?.?

Obi-Wan lay awake but with his eyes closed. He feigned sleep because of another person in the small cell with him; another person whose voice was vaguely familiar he thought. However, the way things had been going in his life he didn?t even know who he was with entire certainty.

So how can I be sure that the person I believe my companion to be is really that person? Oh I am more confused than ever now. I can?t even imagine what I am doing here where ever *HERE* is

Fear gripped the boy?s heart but his mind raced with curiosity at the same time. So many people even the man who came to see him in the asylum had been curious about the roughly crafted ankle bracelet. The little golden ginger-haired, freckled faced boy was beginning to think he really had gone mad or that the people around him had.

Why is that little band on my ankle so, so important? And why is everyone so interested in me, of all people, a homeless little uneducated kid, *ME*.

With his mind on something else, Obi-Wan could not control his natural reflex of flinching when Yoda gently tugged at the band arouind the lower part of his leg.

Obi-Wan, without thinking jerked his leg up.
    With his eyes still closed he heard what he thought was a familiar laugh?

A laugh, well maybe more like a cackle resonated through the cramped little cell.

?Knew I did, pretend to be asleep you do? Fear not me little one? Remember me you will when open your eyes you do.?

Obi-Wan thought for sure that now he really did recognize the voice of his companion. When he opened his eyes relief spread through him with the visual confirmation of who it was that was locked in the small cell with him on the planet Kragor.

A Jedi. How can I not be safe with a Jedi master here with me?

PEACE ewen

5. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    tortuous cliff hanger!

Not to mention short.

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Glad you're back and better! :D We'll wait patiently for Wed! This lil bit was great though!! Obi is with Yoda!! :D [face_dancing]

7. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    that is so wrong...get me all interested and just stop! lol--glad to see you back in business ewen!

8. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Hi @ all!
    Cool story you are writing ewen =D= !
    Hmm... Obi is with Yoda... very interesting... [face_thinking]
    Will they get this rotten collar up in the next few posts?! I hope so...

Anyway, keep going,
    DarkDream

9. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Nice switch by Mace and Qui-Gon. I?m glad they are on the way looking for them. :cool:

Obi-Wan may be with a jedi master but they are both still locked up. :p First thought was Yoda would set him straight but Yoda does behave elusively most times.

I?m glad you?re feeling a bit better, give Gus a hug and remember writing is good to relieve tension. :D ;)

10. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    GLAD YOU ARE BACK !!!! [:D]
    Yea, Obi-Wan is with Yoda! The most powerful Jedi ever is imprisoned, how is this possible? :confused:

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    welcome back to you and the green troll!

12. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey ewen....
    once again school and other annoyances kept me from keeping up with this story...but I am now caught up again. Sorry to hear you were going through a rough time. Great posts as always, I am anxiously awaiting more!

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Hope you like it Feedback please, if you do!!!!!!

##########################

Ginger colored eyelashes with a rich flaxen hue that glittered like gold, fluttered twice then opened entirely to reveal eyes as blue as the Alderaan sea. The owner of those lashes pulled himself up so as to lean against the headboard of the cell cot, where he was being held.

?Am I seeing right??

The sentence really didn?t make sense not even to the person who uttered it, but Obi didn?t care. Nothing had made any sense since he had left Master Jinn.

There before him at the foot of *his* bed sat the little gnome like master who spent time in his home on Rayos.

Master Yoda turned his head to the side, twitched his ears a couple of times, and if Obi-Wan wasn?t mistaken, a queer little smile of sorts donned his face.

?Glad to see, decided to wake up, you have. Glad I also am to see you again my Little One.?

Master Yoda laid his gnarled little clawed hand on Obi-Wan?s arm and sent soothing reassurance to the boy. He could not use the force to send comfort for Yoda, like the child had been force suppressed.

Yes, Master Yoda also had a force inhibitor on but he knew that just with the touch of someone the child trusted would bring solace whether they possessed the force or not. Children were like that, force blessed children and just your everyday child; they revel in ministrations of compassion and understanding. Yoda possessed the knack of connecting with a child ?any child; be it forced blessed or not.

?Master Yoda do you have any idea why I am here? I can?t begin to know why anyone wants me. Once I was taken away from Master Jinn and the other Jedi, things just began to happen, things that I didn?t understand and it all happened so fast.?

Obi couldn?t miss Yoda?s expression change when he mentioned the Jedi on his home world Rayos. While the little master was far from being forlorn about his imprisonment, he did feel trapped. However, there seemed to be an added sparkle in his eyes once Master Jinn?s name was mentioned.

The innocence of the child, Obi-Wan Kenobi oozed out along with his words. Yoda felt more compassion for that one child than he ever remember feeling for anyone in his entire long life, of over eight hundred years.

Obi-Wan had the misfortune of being a force blessed child but never knowing it. Misery had been delivered him in numerous ways not just by stifling his force talents, but only later would he realize how miserable not having his force powers was for him. Besides the loss of his force, he?d lost his mother and had been dragged in a fight for Rayos by his evil step father; all this through no fault of his own and no knowledge.

It was easy for Yoda to feel so much compassion for the child. And yes Obi-Wan Kenobi was right, Yoda did feel better when he realized and at least thus far Master Jinn, Mace, and the two knights with them had been alright.

?Good, good, glad to know, met with Master Jinn you did. Told him met me you did??

?Well no, I really didn?t have the time, then when I did have the time no one believed me that was Obi-Wan Kenobi??

The words came fast and furious, no hesitation. One sentence ran into another with only gulps of air sporadically taken and not necessarily to end a sentence or phrase.

?Then a man came to the institution I had been placed in after I left Master Jinn and he had me shipped here. Master Yoda where is here? Do you know where we are??

With each confusing statement the boy made; statements that Yoda had no way of knowing what he meant because Yoda had no knowledge of the events on Rayos, his ears twitched faster and faster. The little green master didn?t not even bother to answer the child as to where they were. He wanted to know everything in detail that went on while Obi-Wan, *Ben* was with his former pupil, Qui-Gon, so he himself could figure out exactly what was going on.

Yoda moved up closer to Obi-Wan. With his little crooked finger he hushed the boy by placing it over his lips.

?SSSH child a

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! *Ben* knows that he's Force sensitive now! :D Yay!

Glad Yoda was able to tell him about it!

*Snrk* loved the banter there with Qui and Mace hehehe Mace being the 'wealthy' slave owner and Qui the slave *snrk* hehehe

Gret job! :D

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    hurray for Yoda

16. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Yay! Obi knows all, Yoda is in awe of his powers, and Qui is now Mace's pretend slave! lol--this story is GREAT!!

17. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    For all Obi-Wan?s trouble he has found two caring people in the jedi. :) Yoda does have a comforting manner with him. Obi-Wan?s rapid retelling of his story was typical of a kid thinking Yoda understood him, I liked him slowing Ben down.

*snickers* Qui-Gon doesn?t seem able to play the part of a slave, Mace will have his hands full with that one. :p Mace is better groomed to play his part, cute little cheap shots there. [face_mischief]

That was a wonderful description of Obi-Wan?s first sudden prismatic touch of the force. :D

18. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    WONDERFUL POST!!
    As usual!

LOL...Qui playing the slave...I love it!
    Although seeing him trim his beard could've been quite amusing! :)

19. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Yes!!

The damn inhibitor is finally off! Cool chapter. Qui plays the slave? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great chapter. Post more soon!

Yours,
    DarkDream

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Father, why do we have to go to Kragor??

?Business son. I have business now that I have become consulate of Rayos. Risi depends on my help.?

?You mean he depends on you being a traitor for him? Dad, he killed Mother, destroyed our home, and took over our home land . Is that not enough to hate him for? I could possibly conjure up more reason if need be.?

Lars Kenobi whipped around and grabbed his son violently by his forearms.

?Laura was an accident. Yes, our home was destroyed, but after speaking with Risi I cut a deal for our safety and our future. Your Mom shouldn?t have gone back in the house after it was set ablaze.. I tried to stop her.?

?TRIED?? Just how hard did you *try*? Someone your size couldn?t hold a woman barely weighing a hundred pounds from going into the fire??

That got Owen a sharp slap across the left side of his face; hard enough to leave a flaming red hand print instantly.

?Stop it.. I loved your step-mother in my own way. I never cared for her son, but I did love her. She did a stupid thing and paid for it with her life. ?

?She wanted the only picture of Obi-Wan she had.?

Tears began to flow freely; tears that Owen had thus far held back. Lars Kenobi knew they were not from the slap he?d just delivered his son. Owen had loved Laura as if she were his own mother.

{Gulp, sniff} ?I can?t let the only picture of my Ben burn up.? ?Those were her last words before she darted into her death, or *accident* as you calmly call it.?

?Her Ben wasn?t worth it. Now I won?t here any more talk. Save your thoughts, make them memories to dwell of upon in your old age, not now when you everything you could desire. I have been given a good job, one that makes me practically the overseer of Rayos, one that raises both our stations in life.?

?If you are to oversee Rayos why are we going to Kragor??

Owen rubbed the sting from his abused skin for the slap.

Lars Kenobi?s voice softened.

? Ends have to be tied up. Then you will have anything you want. I mean you will go to the best schools, wear the best clothes, be the son of the highest government official of Rayos.?

?Yes, I will have all that living under an occupied world governed in truth by the Kragorians."

?Well it is a hell of a lot better than groveling in a burned out shell of a farm with all our farm animals gone and the land scorched to where it will take years to grow a good crop again. Listen son, aside from losing your step mother, what has happened to us is the best thing that could have happened. All we have to do is keep the pesky Jedi away and *one little problem* that was shipped to Kragor has to be dealt with.?

Owen suspected the other *problem* his father referred too was his step brother, Obi-Wan. Nevertheless, he would not dare bring Ben?s name up, especially not after the slap to his face he?d already received. He only hoped that Master Jinn had listened to the clue he?d given him when they spoke under the stairway in the hallway.

?Find your Master Yoda and you will find *your* Ben. ?

###Yoda and Obi-Wan###

Obi-Wan held the side of his small cot as if he was on a high powered rocket that had just jetted off the launch pad. He felt the room spin, or was it his head, or just the cot he sat on, he really wasn?t sure. The confusion around him was no more than the confusion inside him, mind and soul. He could remember once when the force band had been off and knew he was different but now the difference was more predominate. He *felt* more predominate, if that was possible.

Obi-Wan thought that if he could just get up he could gain control of himself, of this new feeling of power he had. The only problem with getting up was the buzzing sound in his ears or was it in his head. Of course the room still reeled, he thought or maybe it wasn?t the room at all just his body. Whichever, he wanted anchored when he attempted to rise and a message through the force, although Obi-Wan didn?t realize where it came, he knew just how to fi

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  22. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Liked Owen to speak up. :D
    So the Force has choosen Obi-Wan's master. :D Now Qui-Gon has to find his Obi... [face_worried]

23. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    cool! i like it that you gave us a little from each part--very nice.

So cool that the force is being so adamant with Qui about Obi Wan! He's so thick headed sometimes, he needs things like this to get his attention! lol

Great post!

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay Owen spoke up!!

And I'm glad Yoda is helping him with the Force ;) and loooove Obi saying that he belonged with them :D and with Jinn!!

Hehehehe poor Qui not knowing what's up ;) but sense and feel it he does too now :D

Great work!

25. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_devil] Lars getting his own little rebellion with Owen. :) Glad to see the boy is questioning but he should do it a bit more quietly in the future for his own safety.

[face_dancing] Obi-Wan?s insight to the force has hit Master Jinn like a ton of bricks. :p It will give Qui-Gon more drive to find him and Yoda. Even though Yoda can?t use the force, time for some quick lessons for Obi. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.