main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends " BALANCE WITHIN THE FORCE "*01/08* OWEN STRUTS HIS STUFF & IS GOOD AT IT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Jedi mischief and mayhem? Oi vey! Sign me up!! I love chaos!! [face_mischief] I'll join the revellie! Can't wait for more!

2. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    mayhem good...

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Jinn led the way into battle. Battle might be the wrong word to call what the two experienced Jedi masters planned to engage their enemy in. While Qui-Gon was noted as a rogue Jedi, there were things he *DID* not DO and *WOULD* not DO. One of those things was take a life without absolutely being necessary. Mace knew that very point as they charged the Kragorians group; his oldest and best friend knew his limitations and one of them, the principle one was not to kill unless their own lives were in danger. Both Jedi masters never assumed their life would be in any true danger. The Kragorians had proven in a confrontation before to be an unworthy opponent against the Jedi, no matter how many.

Defeating their opponents would not require their death only their capture. Both Jedi went into battle with one constant.

Jinn started the assault. He parried forward with an impressive strike of his glowing green saber, not to kill or maim but to contain and disarm. He took a step back after his first landed blow, to watch his foe attempt to retaliate against him, but with no success. Master Jinn knocked the first Kragorian attacker?s weapon out of his hand with little more than a flick of his wrist using his saber. When the Kragorians soldier, in desperation bent down and rammed head first to tackle Qui-Gon, the Jedi master easily handled him, not with his Jedi power but with his natural born strength and the experience of a hardened fighter.

When the Kragorian soldier reached Qui-Gon, the Jedi master grabbed him at the back of the neck and used a common hold taught by not just Jedi but by any true fighter, a sleeper hold. A strong pinch between your opponent?s shoulder and back of his neck rendered the man as if in sleep.

Even though Jedi Master Jinn faced the attack of at least two Kragorian soldiers at once, Mace relaxed his entire body. He witnessed Jinn?s first contact with his enemy, witnessed the big Jedi use stealth and experience over hate and desire to harm. He had wondered but only temporarily if Jinn would follow the edits of the Jedi council.

I should have known in a case like this I have nothing to fear. Qui-Gon doesn?t have a malicious bone in his body or a desire within him to do true harm to others unless he is truly threatened.

Satisfied that Qui-Gon had gone into battle with a right state of mind and the upper hand already defeating his first opponent, Mace waited for his Kragorian soldier to make a tactical attack move on him. The bald-headed master did not have to wait very long. Once bring his glance toward Qui-Gon he turned to look up into the eyes of the most fiercest looking of Risi?s henchmen.

#####Owen####

Owen had been abruptly startled out of his sleep. He noticed first that he was surrounded by the Kragorian guards. His fear subsided when he saw the men who were just about to attack him turn to the voices he?d also heard. They were familiar voices instantly, but in the haze of his still sleepy state Owen couldn?t put a face on those voices. Once he did he breathed an instant sigh of relief.

Master Jinn and Master Windu. Finally I am truly safe.

Owen laid there in his pine branch bed a brief moment longer, savored one more time its warmth that had helped sustain him, allowed the twilight of sleep to languidly free his mind, and let the Jedi to battle for his safety.

The Kenobi teen only stumbled out of his pine branch nest when he heard Jinn yell at him.

?Move boy, what are you thinking? Come this way.?

The Kragorian in battle with Jinn was too busy trying to stay afoot to do anything to stop Owen. Owen ran to Jinn and when he reached him Qui-Gon literally tossed the boy behind him with the help of the force.

Now placed *TOO* close in the line of battle, Owen was much more alert than he had been when the Jedi had drawn the Kragorians away from him. He really did trust Master Jinn, Mace, all the Jedi really, but to be placed in such close proximity to a the battle terrified him. He grabbed the back of Qui-Gon?s t

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I thought I would let this story go for awhile. It does seem I write about a younger Obi.

Frankly, I was getting a little bored and I assumed you all were as well. I plan to post on this story in a week or two.

I attempted to write a story about an older Obi-Wan and one not so dependent on Master Jinn. Let us say a more mature Obi-Wan. It will be on the boards later tonight.

Please tell me if you read the new one how to improve on it.

I promise there will a post on this story within 10 days

ewen

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    UP UP UP AND AWAY!!!

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well I do hope that you can continue :) I'll wait until next posting then! Great chappie :) Poor Owen :( I'd be terrified too!

I'm enjoying this fic :)

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'll be around reading and waiting

8. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    phew! :) I?m glad you?re going to keep going. I was worried.

Owen had a surprise on waking. Qui-Gon did come through giving Mace nothing to worry about. ;) [face_laugh] I hope Owen is small for his age but I *snickered* at him clinging to Jinn. After fighting for his own life and being alone, even I would have been happy to see Jinn.

The inspiration will come to finish, likely when you do rest a bit on this... clear your mind. [face_meditate]

9. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I like this story and I hope you'll finish it. We all want to know if Qui-Gon'll be able to save (his ?) Obi-Wan.

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

The teenager who stood before the two Jedi Masters and his people of the community was astounded by the hoards of concerned citizens amassed and ready to take up arms against the Kragorians. The excitement of the moment swept him away into the speech he never dreamed he would be capable of pitching.

Owen stared in absolute awe over the quickly assembled supporters. All this had been made possible primarily by his own hand. So many in front of him and all there attuned to every word he said. Their eyes plastered solely on him.

This Owen that now shouted patriotic encouragement was not the crumpled heap of emotions Jinn had just two days prior helped up off the ground. The terror-filled eyes that once shed tears of despair now sparkled brightly with determination and pride

The Jedi had ordered Qui-Gon and Master Windu not to directly oversee in the overthrow of the Kragorian insurgents. However, they were given approval and encouragement to oversee in its demise.

That did not stop the Jedi from giving hints on how Risi and his henchmen could be overthrown. Rayos had not been without their own army and that same army seemed to resent being overrun by Risi and his men. While they feigned loyalty to the Kragorian ruler, their true allegiance lay with their own people, the Rayosians.

Each captain from every branch of the Rayosian government?s army was there. Even the proctor who earlier claimed his support to Risi was there. He instantly became the leader of the small guerilla army. Farmers, store keepers, restaurant owners, waitresses, even the young, the university students all gathered there by word of mouth behind the Kragorians? backs, with one thing in common; the desire to be free. They were all determined to overthrow the insurgents from Kragor and with a few tips from the Jedi, they believed they could actually do it.

While Master Jinn and Master Windu did not do anything openly in the way of aiding and preparing the Rayosians for their confrontation against the Kragorians, they did drop a few suggestions through the *back door*

Handy little tips of how to booby trap an area where a preplanned trap could be laid.. Concoctions only the most experience healers or alchemists knew of that could cripple but not kill, contain but not sedentary had mysteriously gotten into the hands of a sixteen year old Owen Kenobi; a boy whose very father, had plotted against the people of Rayos for his own personal gain. His treachery against his people had only netted him his depth at hands of Risi and his corrupt leadership.

Yes, all in all Qui-Gon watched the impromptu meeting of the potential army with the distinct satisfaction of knowing that he and Mace done the best they could and this planned take back of their world might just work.

Yoda had personally taken the initiative to speak before the senate republic. He single handily convinced them and especially Chancellor Valorum that once the people of Rayos could prove they wanted help out from under Risi and his over throw of their government, a small band of republic militia should be armed and prepared to descend on Rayos to help the people raging their freedom. They had be the first to instigate the battle against the hostile takeover and once their desire to be free was clear to the republic, the assembled army would be ready with military might and humanitarian aid.

The crowd was fired up, ready, and willing to do anything Owen Kenobi and the Republic wanted them too.

Mission accomplished. To an extent really. Qui-Gon and Mace would return if necessary and in the mean time the Jedi senator and the republic senate would keep very closed abreast to the situation going on.

Jinn and Windu had been told to vacate the planet Rayos as soon as things seemed under contorl and now was that time.

Mace pulled Jinn to the side.

"What abotui Ben?s brother?" Yoda has offered to allow him to stay at the temple until work in Coruscant can be found. I don?t finding him work will be a problem... Well what do you think?

11. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Having the jedi there would help instill courage in the Rayosians. Owen has turned into a brave leader but that showed when he first told Qui-Gon about Obi-Wan without his father?s knowledge. Rayos has a battle to fight but with Senate backing it should be over quick. :)

King Benjamin finally understands Obi-Wan?s destiny but Qui-Gon needs to get there quick. [face_worried]

12. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    It is good that Owen found such a good place. :)

But Obi-Wan is near death :eek: Qui-Gon has not much time left. Hope the Force'll guide him. [face_worried] [face_cry)
    Good work ewen!

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    They better find Qui-Gon quickly

14. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Obi is dying?! [face_worried] Qui should hurry to get there.

BTW... Up! ;)

15. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    This is going to be continued isn't it?! [face_worried]

16. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    just caught up on this story and had to give it a quick "uppers!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.