main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by FlareStorm, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Big Baldur's Gate fan, but only played I and II.

I wanna go through Throne of Bhaal, mostly to see where the story goes (so no spoilers please)

I noticed I can only make a char whos like level 25 or whatever. I remember from I/II the best combos were human dual class. But I can't do that. Also its D&D 2nd which I never got into, and its old.

So, what should I make to blaze through the game as easily as possible? How many sidequsts are there. I remember Tales of the Sword Coast, is it about the same scope/play-time as that?

Edit: Spelled "Bhaal" wrong all over

2. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I found that a Ranger/Cleric Half-Elf is the best available for blazing through the game.

There aren't a whole lot of side-quests. Something to be aware of is that the romance side quests don't happen unless you played through the romance in BGII normally (or you use the console to set tags as needed).

3. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Is this like Baldur's Gate 3? I didn't know it existed.

4. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

It's not BGIII. It's the expansion for BGII. They finish the saga of the Child of Bhaal in it. Because they'd hoped to do a BGIII, that means that the story is a little rushed, but I enjoyed it anyways.

5. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Ah, I see. I remember beating BGII with my friend and being all excited for III, only to find out it wasn't going to happen.

6. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Would it be best to get a cheat/hack and warp to II end, and then progress to ToB? To get the full effect?

7. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    To get the full effect, play through BGII all the way. It's too good a game to rush through.

8. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    As much as I loved the BG series I really hated the story for Throne Of Bhaal. It was nothing but a cheap Highlander ripoff. And most of the Bhaal spawn made no sense. Great gameplay and some really cool encounters but the story annoyed the hell out of me.

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    But they are making Baldur's Gate III. Unfortunetly it will have nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn whatsoever.

Also, Throne of Bhaal isn't exactly 2nd ed. It's more like 2.5 (if there was such a thing. It uses 2nd edition rules for the most part but adds feats, sorcerers, barbarians, and monks. I recomend getting ToB if only to experience they joy that is Cespenar! "Ohhhh! Shiny ones!

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Play this. If you really want to customise your character, just make whoever you want then use ShadowKeeper to fix it how you'd like.

Though I'd recommend starting from BG1 and taking a character all the way through. Epic.

11. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I've done that, twice. Im a BG oldbie ;) I dont feel like putting the hours in to do it again (lost my old chars)

Just wanna do ToB because I never have

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Flare, it's worth wrapping the story up. I just picked up the BGII/ToB pack in Hong Kong to play here in Taiwan (my originals are in Australia) and finished ToB for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Undead Hunter and Carsoymr +6 = rawk.

E_S

13. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    I thought that ToB was the most entertaining part of the whole BG saga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.