main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Baljos' Fate....and Qorl too, for that matter....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LeeKenobi, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Okay....

First off....

Greg Keyes writes the Edge of Victory duology..

Book 1: Conquest.

Tahiri is captured by the Yuuzhan Vong.
    Anakin sets of in pursuit.
    But, first off, he decides to build a hovercraft out of scrapmetal to get there faster.
    (not very smart....since in the time it took tobuild the thing, he would already have been halfway there...but that's another discussion...)

So, the Yavin-vet TIE pilot Qorl, who has been playing "Robinson Crusoe" in the jungles ever since gives him a hand.

Then he disappears, leaving us to ponder what his ultimate fate on Yavin 4 was.

Speed up a few books.

Enemy Lines Book 2: Rebel Stand.

Luke and Co. along with Face Loran and Wraith Squad go to Coruscant to make sense of a Force-feeling Luke gets about a new baddie.
    Stuff hits the fan and everyone leaves after defeating King Chees....I mean..Lord Nyax.

Everyone EXCEPT for Baljos. He decides to stay behind as a spy.
    Face doesn't like it....but lets him do it anyway.

Then Traitor comes along and we find Cioruscant being digested.

What becomes of GFFA MIAs?

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The Vong think they can digest Coruscant. Yet it appears that only the upper most layers of rubble will be digested. They don't appear to realize that even with their methods it will take too long to get down to ground level.

3. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    True enough...

But if you notice...after Traitor, non-Vongs have been coming up....short....

In fact...as of where I am in Refugee, the only Non-Vong thing that is mentioned on Coruscant are Hawk-bats.

Minor Reunion Spoiler:

Nom Anor eats a raw hawk-bat in Reunion.

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I thought Qorl simply fled with the rest of the escapees from Yavin 4. As for where he is now, probably somewhere isolated.

I would guess that Baljos is still alive in the lower levels of Coruscant. That's one of the problems of having mulitiple authors. Sometimes plot points that aren't front and center are simply ignored, or authors have things they want to write their own way(see: Solo, Jacen).

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    But you have to ask if hawkbats are under the Vongformed surface of the planet, and thus down in the lower levels of Coruscant. And if they are, are the Vong then going down and hunting them alone, or are they about the only things the Vong can find when they go into these levels? One of the things Baljos was going to do on Coruscant was to teach folks how to survive what the Vong were doing to the planet. That could also mean teaching them how to hide from the Vong, making it appear that their all dead.

6. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    What about Chalco? From the DT books? You know, the Han replacement...

7. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    I bet you they'll pop up again in the last two books. Somehow. Maybe Baljos gets rescued, or Qorl singled handed rebuilds his TIE from Vong garbage, I don't know. But I'm pretty sure they'll reappear, even if it's just a report to the Wraiths saying at Baljos is dead, or something like that...

Must... stop... hallucinating...

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Qorl and Baljos will be saved from the Vong by Triclops and Callista, who suddenly got her Force potential again for no explainable reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.