main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ball of the Meat: Social Thread v6.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh SNAP!

Are you just gonna take that, RocketGirl?

M. Scott

2. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    :[face_sigh]:

EDIT: Figures.
    Here we go again. Hello, from the top.

3. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    So just a heads up, NBC's Heroes premieres tonight at 9.

Heroes is a show we (Stargate Digital) are doing all the visual effects for. I don't think I did any shots on the pilot, but in up-coming episodes, I've gotten to work on some cool stuff. As you might imagine, once the show gets rolling, there's a lot of opportunity for interesting visual effects.

Word is, it's a pretty cool show. I've seen the pilot, and while it is mostly expository setup and the like, that's to be expected when you have about a dozen characters and plots to establish. Even so, I think the show looks pretty well written, acted, edited, scored... what I guess I'm trying to say is, it might just not suck! I think the concept is great, and perfectly fit for television. There's a ton of cool directions it could go over the course of this, and future seasons. So we'll see.

NBC has been promoting the hell out of it, and they're really behind the show. It's one of those epic compelling mystery/drama types that, if it catches on, could be like the next 24 or Lost, etc. Which would be fun for us, because already we're doing some pretty cool effects work for episodes 2 and 3, where bigger stuff starts to happen.

Again, not a whole lot "happens" in the pilot, but if you find it interesting, definitely tune in for the next couple episodes, where real plots start to unfold.

So anyway, could be cool. It's every Monday at 9 pm, and Sci-Fi claims to be picking up the re-runs and will air the new episodes again on the following Fridays.

4. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    As you can see, folks, Ryan actually used an exclamation mark in that post, so you KNOW he's excited.

I'll be watching it tonight. As if I had a choice. :p

M. Scott

5. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    You nubs still don't watch Lost do you? :oops:

6. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Darn, I was hoping to get VIP status if my thread title was used...

Oh well.

7. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    For those of you who didn't catch it, Heroes will have an encore airing tomorrow night.

Watch it . . . . or
    Vaportrail will go out with your nearest female relative.

nyar.
    [face_dancing]

8. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Did anyone else see yesterday's episode of The Simpsons?

I can't believe they actually played "Duel of the Fates" as background music!

Anyway, I was riding the bus today, and a complete stranger sitting across from me started striking up a conversation, due largely to my 10-month-old strapped in a snugly on my chest whom kept waving at him. Well, the conversation steered toward Fanfilms because his name (Val) happened to be the name of a Jedi in my fanfilm. Out of nowhere, we start talking about RvD. Thanks to you two, Ryan and Dorkman, a couple of complete strangers had a totally geeky conversation on a bus.

9. Krintar

Krintar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Poor Vaportrail.

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah nothing worse than my sloppy seconds.

11. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    lol, that was awesome.

Heroes was pretty good too, for the record. With that and Studio 60 playing back to back, I may just end up watching a little TV this year after all.

12. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Then my work here is done.

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    So I just bought the EasyShare Series 3 Printer Dock for my partner.
    [image=http://ebaypics.connect-comp.com/Kodak/Easyshare%20Printer%20Dock%20Series%203%5D.jpg]
    ..and a Kodak C533 5mp camera.
    Ya t'ink she'll like it?
    It's her birthday in exactly a week and our 3 year aniversary tomorrow and I wont see her for both. I'm away shooting a documentary.

I sure hope it gets me booty points :p

14. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    You're so handy like that.

I'll have to check out Heroes sometime - I watch very little TV but thanks to the heads up from you kinda got hooked on Nightmares and Dreamscapes during those first few shows. It's all about the referrals. :p

15. ironhide

ironhide Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I hope you are talking about your wife then, 'sloppy seconds' referring to another relative is creepy. Incest is wrong!!!!!

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I was actually referring to everyone ELSE'S female relatives.
    Seconds are NEVER sloppy with my missus ;)

17. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Speaking of which, my wife is now a redhead...mmmmmm.

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Sweeeeeet. My missus is naturally a redhead...but not the gingervitus type. Thank Christ.

19. Constant_shadow

Constant_shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    ....born without souls.

20. Master-Indy

Master-Indy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    That would be my siamese twin sister.... have fun!

21. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    But she wanted an Ipod...

Anyways, wasn't able to see Heroes at all, I don't have a TV, and although the first episode was online I wasn't able to watch it for some reason. My only thoughts so far is that it's sort of emulating other concepts---4400, X-Men and such. Perhaps it will be better because unlike the 4400, this one is meant to be a longer series and so the overall story should actually tie-in better.

22. Kij421

Kij421 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    Your sister is Siamese? How does that make you twins, then?

//obligatory stupidity

23. Master-Indy

Master-Indy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    <know-it-all_mode>

Does conjoined twin work for you? ;)

</know-it-all_mode>

24. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    [image=http://www.woz.org/aeonflux/assets/images/NurseGollum.gif]

Ryan - I was going to watch heroes before you said your team is working on it. I was just extra happy to see you were. I saw the premiere and so far like it. I like how the story is starting to unfold. Congrats, and folks, if you haven't seen it yet, it's definitely worth a look.

25. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    Tonight is a night of sweet, sweet TV. First, starting at 8:00pm (well, 7:45 actually), Manchester Untied V Befica in the Champions League football group stage. Then, at 10:00pm, a double-bill of the finale of Lost, season 2. I'm glad I've got a half day at school tomorrow, 'cos I'll be up untill 12:00am tonight, and I don't think I'd be able to last the whole day I-).

Has season 3 of Lost been aired in the US yet? It must be soon. Channel 4 usually get it a few months later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.