Oceania Band of Brothers

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Its only ad break one and already I dont believe David Shwimmer as a military commander.

Other than that its pretty cool :)
  2. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Me and my brother have been hating him since he's been on our tv screen :p

Its been pretty good so far :D
  3. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Did someone keep a tally of the number of times the US flag was shown?
  4. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I lost count after 1357 :p

But I liked it, the tv guide said it would go from D-Day, to Battle of the Bulge, to Hitlers Lair :D
  5. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but....

SPOILERS AHEAD

The allies win
    You were warned
  6. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_plain]

Riiiiiight, and Hitler only had one testicle.
  7. General Cargin Force Ghost

star 4
    Believe it or not, but David Schwimmer carried of the part of Captain Sobel perfectly. If you think he was an ass from what you saw, then your opinion matches exactly the opinions recorded by Stephen Ambrose.

Stinky, there was no gratuitous flag waving in BoB. The only blatantly obvious US flag I saw was the reversed flag patch on the sleeves of the 82nd Airborne troopers (there is a serious reason for that) who joined up with Lt Winters in Episode 2. There were no gratuitous American flags in remembrance of September 11, if that's what you were getting at. The series debuted in America the week before.
  8. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Apparently the finale was on the night before Sept 11
  9. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    this was on in NZ last year as well, but sadly i couldn't watch it, had other commitments.................but most of my friends watched it and really quite liked it, me i am waiting for video, if and when
  10. sith star Jedi Master

star 4
    I watched it last nite and thought it was great but I would like to know how the hell can you be online and watch the show at the same time ????? you can not get a true feel for the show whilst you are typing how much you like it
  11. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    That's why I need a computer in the living room...or the TV in my bedroom...

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good. I have to agree that David Schwimmer doesn't make a really convincing hard-arsed military commander, he's too whiny. Other than that, I quite liked it. The battle scenes were especially stunning, considering it's a mini-series and not a full movie.
  13. Tayschrenn Jedi Master

star 4
    This show is teh good.

Well, at least, I hope it will be so. It was a bit yawn-yawn last night, soooo long 'n' stuff.

Tay
  14. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

Sort a watched it with peripheral vision while online last night ...

David Schwimmer as a drill sergeant? LOL. I was waiting for the rest of the Friends cast to walk in ... I agree that he did the part well, but he is so recognisable as Ross from Friends ... gotta be the most bizarre piece of casting since making Robin Williams a killer...

Other than that, what amazed me was how graphic it was - for tv, that is. It was getting close to SPR violence. Did that have anything to do with it being held off so late?

Oh well
  15. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It wasnt that bad, and it was in a 9.30 time slot anyway.
  16. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Err, it was 8:30 PM here, though the violence didn't start until 10.
  17. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The first hour was nothing, the action only started at 9.30.
  18. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Regardless, the violence was pretty well done. The initial view of Normandy as the planes came out of the clouds was nothing short of spectacular.
  19. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd sworn I saw a 109' flying around as well!
  20. General Cargin Force Ghost

star 4
    Nah, they were a pair of Spitfires, at least during the opening shots of Aldbourne.
  21. slaveone_2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  22. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah I have a TV and a PC preyy much next to each other. There smy drawing table in the middle. I was posting, sketching and watching TV all at the same time.
  23. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Ive been waiting almost two years for Band of Brothers to come out, and as a big Saving Private Ryan fan, i found the show to be very well done.

I cant wait for the DVD in November
  24. General Cargin Force Ghost

star 4
    I imagine we'll be waiting a while longer for the DVD of the series. Channel 9 have had the rights to air Band of Brothers since October last year. November is the scheduled US release - they've had to wait over a year for the DVD release. I doubt we'll be waiting as long, though I don't think we'll be seeing it on shelves in November. The main argument is that there will still at least one episode to air by then.
  25. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How long is there series?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.