main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bane's Followers: A Darth Bane fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rilwen_Shadowflame, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    yay it got revived. When it came out, I was the first to read one of the copy's at my library, so I got to read it brand new.

I think my favorite part of the book was when Bane fights Farfalla and the other Jedi, and they can't hurt him because of his Orbalisk armor.

2. darksaber90

darksaber90 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2008
    i think they should make a third darth bane book.

3. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    I agree, I would love to read a third

4. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    I just picked up the first book, and liked Bane (and the book) a lot better than expected. Now I'm actually curious to pick up Rule of Two when it comes out in paperback. The well-known continuity issues were problematic, of course, but I'm so unfamiliar with JvS ( :( ) that it didn't affect the read so much. Darth Bane is pretty cool. That cover... not so much. :p

- Keralys

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I was just at the book store last weekend, and was told that it should be soon. The guy said the first book came out on paperback about 6 months after the hardcover, so it should be like a month or so at the most.

6. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Hmm...I had thought they came out much later than that. I could be wrong. But, it is definitely a good book to pick up. One of the darkest books I've read. [face_devil]

7. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
  8. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Great, thanks for sharing that! :)

9. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Upping this thread with some fairly big news: there's gonna be a third Bane book! Details are here:

http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/29162236/p1/?79

10. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    How interesting.

I hope its good.

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm not sure what to think. The first book was good (even if it was simply telling Jedi vs Sith in a bit different way), the second one was ok, but what's left? Zannah apprentice and Bane's death that would make the trilogy complete? That could work, but if they make it into the series, Bane's character will lose that mystery and coolness surrounding it. It'll become just another SW book and lessen the character and make the whole era less interesting, imo.

12. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Hey all! A big Bane fan here: PoD is one of my top 10 or so favorite EU books. Really looking forward to this!

13. lokust

lokust Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2008
    I want to keep this thread alive.
    I am half way through ROT. I loved POD, It was my First Eu book.
    I am going to be done with ROT way before the third is given to us. I am already looking forward to the third.

All hail the wisdom that is Darth Bane!
    -Lokust

14. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    It cool when he used that lightsaber to kill a bunch of kids. :cool:

15. Darth_Silverado

Darth_Silverado Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2008
    I like how Bane challenged the establish and accepted leadership of the Sith and won.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I wonder if Zannah will find herself a new apprentice in this third book, or they'll simply have her kill Bane and that be it. I'd like to find out about the next apprentice, too. Wondering how Drew can shake things up again, mind you.

17. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I hope Zannah isn't as psychotic as she was in RoT. I do expect her to be bad ***

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    How do you mean psychotic? I found her incredibly sneaky, rather than insane.

19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I was really happy with Zannah in ROT.

20. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Well mostly when she was younger, when she killed the people and stole the ship. She showed no remorse for a child her age. It just didn't seem right. It bordered on psychotic.

Don't get me wrong I like Zannah just that killing shouldn't come natural for a child without some type of emotion. To be realistic I mean.

21. lokust

Sep 30, 2008
    But isn't killing with no remorse for those under you the Sith way? She has been touched by the dark side. Peace is a lie.
    She killed in order to get what she wanted. Their deaths were necessary. She Needed to get where she needed to be, No questions asked. It did please Bane.

-Lokust

22. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Wow.

23. lokust

Sep 30, 2008
    Finished with RoT tonight, Awesome ending!!
    Does any one have a clue to what the third title is going to be? That book can't come out soon enough.
    -Lokust

24. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Darth Bane: The awesome ending.:p

25. lokust

Sep 30, 2008
    After Bane finishes his Holocron, Who will Hide it? Zannah or Bane.
    After Zannah kills Bane I would like to see an alien species become Zannahs Apprentice. Humans are boring :D

I am almost through Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. No where near as fun as reading a Bane book.

-Lokust

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.