main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bang! - Luke and Mara in peril! SJRS ?Wordless Romance? Challenge 5/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by madman007, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Bang!

Part of the SJRS ?Wordless Romance? Challenge

Time: Two years after Union, or Luke and Mara?s marriage.

Setting : The Xylax system in the Outer Rim

Synopsis: Luke and Mara are on a special assignment to detain and question an old Imperial weapons expert named Garrack about recent bombings of New Republic facilities. Things are not going well for the Skywalkers.

?There were fifteen minutes left.?

?What do you mean, were??

Luke bent down to read the counter ticking backwards again. ?I mean now there is fourteen minutes and twenty-three seconds until we become wallpaper in this chamber.?

Mara Jade Skywalker did some quick calculations in her mind. ?Ok, we have some time.?

?Are you all right? You are sweating.?

?Men sweat. Women perspire. And I work well under pressure, as you should know.?

?Not like there can be anymore pressure now.?

?Garrack can still be full of surprises after all these years. It?s what made him so effective for the Empire.?

Luke started to get up from his crouch and was about to reach for her arm that was tied down with straps. ?First thing is to get you out of these??

?Stop! Don?t touch me! For all we know this thing could detonate on static electricity.?

?Mara, I can?t let you be in pain. You?re my wi??

?Listen to me now, Skywalker! At this moment, I am not your wife or friend. I am the Emperor?s Hand right now. If you do exactly as I say in the next several minutes, we will survive and you can have your wife back. Your concern for me personally may actually hurt us now.?

?How can you tell? We have no Force, thanks to Garrack?s placement of ysalamiri in the room.?

?There is a way to remedy that.?

?No, Mara. I?m not reducing myself to murdering innocent creatures.?

?Which is what Garrack anticipated for you to say.?

?Stang, I wish I detected that chloragas before it knocked us out.?

?We can assign blame later. Right now I need you to describe this bomb that?s under my chair.?

Luke got back into his crouch and started describing. ?We?ve got a detonator with about five wires coming out of it.?

?Different colors??

?Yes.?

?Let me guess. Red, green, yellow, white, and black.?

?That?s in order from left to right. I assume you?ve dismantled one of these before.?

?More like set one up. Are the wires going to a canister full of a dark pink liquid??

?Two.?

?What??

?There?s two canisters.?

?Sithspawn! Garrack gave us a Bonbassi Rig.?

?What?s that??

?A bomb that?s virtually impossible to defuse. Many traps that could set it off if you try.?

?Wonderful.?

?I did say virtually impossible. There are ways around a Bombassi.?

?What if we just carefully get you loose and head down that air duct. I?m sure they destroyed the door controls.?

Mara sighed, ?You know, for a Jedi Master, you know so little about demolitions. For one, moving me could set this off. Breathing on it the wrong may set it off. The sparks from opening the air duct vent could set this off. And if this goes off and while we escape, we?re dead anyway.?

?How?s that? The blast range can?t be any more than five-hundred meters.?

?Try five-hundred kilometers.?

?But there?s barely a pint in each container.?

?If I know Garrack, he used a traditional Imperial grade mixture of matabium and baradium. Much more potent than your average thermals or IM?s.?

?So, how do we defuse it??

?We don?t try.?

Luke started to get frustrated. ?Oh, that?s great, Mara. It?s not like you to just give up. But, since we have only...less than twelve minutes to our lives, let me say how much I??

?Skywalker, if you get sentimental on me now I will pull this chair over and we?ll be done with each other once and for all. And I am not giving up. There is a way. If he?s got the circuits aligned like I think he does, then we can delay the leads. Or at least delay the wire that detonates the canisters.?

?Yes, but which one??

?Traditionally, it?s the white one.?

?Wouldn?t

2. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    =D= Very Good! I loved it.

Good characterization. Interesting set-up, with the bomb and all. Awesome challenge response!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

3. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    That was really good, when Luke was trying to put that metal in, i was breathless. Good Job!

Skywalker277

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    It pays to have an ex-assassin wife. ;) They make a good team, and this little viggie proves it. Great job!

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Amazing! Your characterization was spot on.

Loved it! =D=

6. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    I liked how this was mostly dialouge-- it really forces the reader to analyze characters and interaction rather than physical events. You do a wonderful job of characterizations, and I enjoyed this very much! :D =D= Great challenge response ;)

7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Very exciting! I liked how they worked together, and how Mara was able to put her background to good use. Nice story!:cool:

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Exciting story, madman007! Fast-paced... excellent! :D The characterizations were spot-on -- I always love reading a good L/M story!

=D==D=

9. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Woot! That was awesome!!!! The action and tension was just right...perfection! I'm sooo lovin' it! And using that last line...genius!!!!!

[face_good_luck] Irish

10. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Wonderful! [face_dancing] As others have already said, perfect characterizations! You had me on the edge of my seat![face_hypnotized] Fabulous, fabulous job! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantabulous dialogue and terrifically suspenseful. :D Huggles!! Perfect challenge response!! :)

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Awesome action, but yet their love for one another still shows. Even in the heat of the moment... [face_love] Loved it! :D

13. Rivad_Bacar2

Rivad_Bacar2 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Whew! That was so stressful I'm looking for a towel to wipe away the perspiration! Great job!

14. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    There's nothing like a few exciting brushes with death [face_skull] to bring a couple closer together! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.