main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Bank intern dies after working 72 hrs straight.... Goooo capitalism!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 21, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I did similar, but mine followed an 8-hour overnight flight from the US to the UK. Got picked up at the airport by a work colleague, went into the office from there. Got out to check into the local hotel at lunchtime and then was taken to lunch by the boss. When we got back to the office we were told that the mainframe database had been corrupted accidentally by the then-DBA. He thought the fix would be straightforward so the boss told me to go back to the hotel since I hadn't managed to sleep on the plane. I did, got a bit of a nap, and then got called back into the office around 9PM. To make a long story short it was around 48 hours before I saw the hotel again other than for a quick freshening up and change of clothing (and a couple of other people who commuted used the room as a nap base as well!).

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I keep misreading the title as "Beck intern dies..."

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Working for 72 hours? Yikes. I wouldn't think it'd be the manager's fault for overworking the poor fellow unless the manager is Frau Blucher.

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i once posted for 57 hours straight

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I once played Skyrim for 72 hours straight. My PS3 then exploded and burned the entire house down. I'm currently homeless.:(

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I once played Skyrim for 72 hours gay.

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    That's what you get for playing Skyrim on a console.