main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

banned at other star wars sites

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by superpowers, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superpowers

superpowers Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2009
    I just want to say that I was warned not to come here cause the mods were not accepting of people not liking the prequels and speaking their mind but I want to say that i have voiced my opinon here and ever one has been resptecful and no mods have jumped down my throat for pratcing my free speech right.

hats off to TFN.net

you guys are great. unlike outerimseiges who bannes people for speaking their mind and their mods take personal bias against posters who do so.

again I comend tfn.net you guys are free and truly allow star wars fans to say what they feel so long as it is is in a respectful manner towards other members.

this is truly rhe star wars site to come to and I will tell all my friends.

Sinre Lock: Welcome to the boards, but this is not the place for discussing bans on off-sites. Please keep discussion on the films. But, again, it's good to have you here! :D

2. -MUSTAFAR-

-MUSTAFAR- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    PRAISE Jesus! Spread the word of TF.NET around the internet so that it may be cleansed in the holy blood! Amen.

Time to speak in tongues: afkjrg;lgslakfjlskjsglhsltgheoitslg slgihslaghas;lgk;j

(^if anyone was offended by that, for the record: I do not care)

3. Darth-Johnny-Cash

Darth-Johnny-Cash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2009
    This site rocks.

4. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    If they banned everyone who hated the PT here then there?d be hardly anyone left on the boards!

5. Darth-Johnny-Cash

Darth-Johnny-Cash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2009

QFT but don't tell you know who that or we'll have more :_|

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I have to also say they have had no qualms about banning my ass when I cross the line.

7. superpowers

Mar 8, 2009
    def not a very user friendly site unless yoiu are part of their little click

8. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

Don't even try it, superpowers. You were banned over there for repeatedly attacking mods and others who don't agree with you. You were fairly warned many times, including by me, but you failed to play nice. Please don't spread lies about outerrimsieges as the same thing will happen to you here if you keep acting like that. You'll see.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, this place is honestly alot more uptight than most other SW boards I've been to. Of course, most of those other boards have few if any threads that have been active in the last decade, so you take the good with the bad I guess. :p

10. superpowers

Mar 8, 2009

11. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001
    You are entitled to your opinions about the movies. Those who were being personal towards you were dealt with. But somehow the problems persisted and you were still in the middle of it. Your threads were often posted in the wrong place and when you were directed to post them properly you grumbled about it. I am happy you like it here at TF.N, but you'll find your freedom of speech will be a lot more limited here. Good luck.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, TF.net does indeed rock.

I have observed over time that those who get banned at one site often tend to do so at other sites as well. They seem to repeat whatever behavior got them in trouble before; it seems to be a part of a pattern in their online personality and behavior.

13. superpowers

Mar 8, 2009

I don't see my freedom of speech being resitrcied here and I have voiced my opinon about the prequels very openly and not ONE person has come in behind me and made fun of me or called me a name etc..etc

so like I said run on back to that GHOST TOWN of a web site.

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, before Stryphe comes back and locks this thread, I figured I'd share with everyone how it appears in my tab for tfn on Firefox:

[image=http://content.screencast.com/users/Charles_A_222/folders/Screencaps/media/0469e949-b6d6-4631-924e-e7c5e72cb6b9/Picture%201.png]

15. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001

It's hardly a ghost town. We don't have as many users as TF.N does, certainly, but we hold our own. I belong to a few Star Wars sites. I go to each one for different reasons. Not because I find one better than another, just because they are different from each other. I am sorry you feel the need to say negative things about outerrimsieges, but that's your call. For the record, we almost never ban anybody there. Ever. If we do, it's usually not just one person, as it takes two to tango. Cheers.

16. superpowers

Mar 8, 2009
    I dont mind this place being sa bit uptight. its good not to allow ppl just to bash for the sake of bashing and by that i mean starting threads and just saying "the prequels suck" or "lucas sucks"

thats not producitve and adds nothing at all to the site.

its ok to think the rpequels are no good but if youy are going to say it..explain why you feel that way...explain why you think its bad and do it in a respectful way to others and leave it open for everyone to debate and discuss.

thats the point of a forum for people with common interest to discuss their likes and dislikes in a respectful way.

Go-mer for instance. I dont agree with hardly anything he says but he explains why he likes what he does and he is capable of engaging in a debate about it and do so in a respectful way even though he and i or he and anyone else may not agree on it.

where as at outerriems I kid you not..after almost every post i made people would come in behind me and make fun of me for something or call me an insulting name over and over..and all because they didnt like what I had to say. the mods did nothing. thats why that site is dead as a door nail. almost every thread i started hit 100 responses.

when peoiple are pasionate about something it makes for good debate. healthy debate. I am glad to be gone from there. like i said no one has jumped on me here. even when i voice my dislike for the prequels.

its called mutual respect and being tolerate of other sopinons even when theyd iffer from your own.

again...hats off to TFN and I am letting everyone know that his place is not the terrible place that guys at outeriems tells ppl

17. superpowers

Mar 8, 2009

18. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    As a former manager here, I feel it's my obligation to inform superpowers -- and remind everyone else -- that this forum is not the place to have this discussion. The Saga Forum is for discussion of all six STAR WARS films -- not the policies and procedures of these or any other boards on the 'Net. You may wish to try the Community Forum, though I'm not certain even that would be the proper board.

Please stop posting in this thread until Darth-Stryphe can come by and lock it.

19. superpowers

Mar 8, 2009
    you are right. I posted this in the wrong section.

My apologies. Locking it is fine. It served it's purpose.

I am happy to be here.

20. -MUSTAFAR-

Mar 5, 2009
    Although I'm on most the poster's sides over there about their opinions of Star Wars in general, I've seen how the crowd at outerrimsieges act. So I'm inclined to see superpowers' story as probably not too far fetched.

21. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001
    The fact that this thread was created to whine and totally placed in the wrong section proves my point about superpowers' posting habits at the outerrimsieges. He was advised to post appropriately and didn't most of the time. The managers or admins that stepped over the line with superpowers were also reprimanded. This is my final word on this subject as this thread truly needs to be locked. By the way, I'm a moderator at outerrimsieges, so I know what I'm talking about.

[face_peace]

22. -MUSTAFAR-

Mar 5, 2009
    I'm sure you, being a mod of the forum in question, would never twist the truth to preserve some semblance of a decent reputation for said forum.

I somehow seriously doubt any moderator there that was less than justified or civil in their decisions would be so much as admonished by the others.

23. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001
    Believe what you wish.

I was one of the mods that dealt with this situation over there. I am not putting a spin on anything. I have no desire to try to save face for the ORS. The mods or managers responsible for keeping the problems going were dealt with. The reason superpowers was banned is a private matter, but HIGHLY justified.

End of line.

24. -MUSTAFAR-

Mar 5, 2009
    You have no desire to save face for ORS? Yet you seem adamant about doing just that. I'm not trying to "defend" superpowers, or claim I know the whole story, but it's important to point out that the forum over there holds such little credibility when taking into account that it's filled with bitter, obsessed and raving anti-TF.NETers.

This is a huge forum. There are bound to be isolated incidents where someone was treated unfairly. Overall though, I'd say it has stayed remarkably reasonable and welcoming to critics of all walks, and to say otherwise is plain dishonest.

25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    You need to improve your attitude. Just from reading this thread, it seems like you are an antagonistic person who wants to pick fights with everyone he sees. Just relax and go with the flow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.