1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (11th-13th November), Adelaide (18th-20th November)

Oz Comic Con: 2017

FF:WA Banner change?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Heya folks. As much as I like our current banner, what do you guys think if I was to suggest we change it. You know, spice up the place.
  2. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    Hmm, a good suggestion young man ;)

Stinky, what say you?
  3. Aztek Jedi Master

star 4
    A change is as good as a holiday they say, and that banner has been there a while I think.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
  4. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Ya it's getting a wee bit old.
    Thing is, the WAFF have had nothing but awsome banners since the beginning. Agreed?

So yeah, it'll be hard to top them all.
    I'll give it a try though.
  5. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think in the past it's usually been a case of when anyone feels like doing a new one it becomes the new one if there's no objections.
    Maybe sometime we should have a gallery of all the past banners for old time's sake. :)
    Not sure if I've still got the original one though. The WA forum was very close to being the first of all the FF forums to get its own customised banner (back in my time as CR). One of the US forums beat us by a minute or 2. And that 10 minute job ended up staying for far too long. :p
  6. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Awsome...uhm, are there any templates around to make banners with?
  7. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    I think I have something somewhere from when I tried a while back. I'll see if I can find the specs. Otherwise, just copy and save the banners here.
  8. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If you hunt through old threads, at one point we had a bit of a banner design contest and I'm pretty sure all the specs were posted in that thread.
  9. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I can change them at anytime... if anyone has one to put up in its place?
  10. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If everyone posted a pic of themselves, I could caricature everyone and you could use it to make a banner!
  11. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Dude! I was just bout to suggest something like that.
    We can do one together, photoshop some other elements in, ye know how it is. ;)
  12. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan

star 4
    wow. excitement!

If folks could post a pic of themselves along with the Star Wars character they'd like to be/resemble during the week, and I can get some stuff sorted!
  13. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We still have a bunch of the banners that people made, just grab one of these and make them a blank canvas.

Made by [link=http://members.iinet.net.au/~teleute/WAFF/Dingbat.zip]Dingbat[/link], made by [link=http://members.iinet.net.au/~teleute/WAFF/Darth_Soup.zip]Darth_Soup[/link], made by [link=http://members.iinet.net.au/~teleute/WAFF/Soneil.zip]soneil[/link].

Files you need are:

jedicouncil-curve_forum This is the small curve that you see at the top left of the screen.

jedicouncil-left This is the stripe that goes down the left side of the screen.

jedicouncil-top This is the banner itself.

jedicouncil-topback This is the background for the banner, it just repeats itself all the way across.

Optional files are:

forums.jpg This is generally seen while posting a message.

You can also make different [link=http://members.iinet.net.au/~red5/FFWA/ad_left.jpg]bookends[/link], but I don't know the dimensions for this.

Hope that helps.
  14. soneil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Cool. I was wondering if there were still any copies of the old ones floating around.
  15. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan

star 4
    What happened to the new banner idea?
  16. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
    I shall look into it.
  17. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Cos I'm a friendly type guy, [link=http://aptirrelevance.com/banners/guide/]here[/link] is the best banner-making guide around for anyone attempting this. :)
  18. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    :eek: What the hey? Stinky!

Cool though.....
  19. Kartanym Jedi Knight

star 6
  20. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    Can I be the princess in distress?
  21. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :D

I had a few minutes free ;)
  22. Saintheart Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Saintheart's reaction on entry into the forum:

What the...? :eek:

[face_laugh]
  23. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Of course, if people object to the new one or wish to make their own... I have no objections, I figured it might 'inspire' folk to get creative..
  24. Jedi_Nat Jedi Master

star 5
    I would if I knew what I was doing, but I don't. I'll leave that up to the people who have brains.
  25. Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [image=http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~red5/nobrainer.gif]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.