main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Banner help!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by monkey_abbot, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Hey.

I am trying to make a banner, similar to the fanfilms one (as in for the same purpose)

i have no idea how to do all the clean cut editing, all the pictures seamlessly overlapping. is there an effective way to do this? and plz dont tell me to go to the tutorials...i already looked, and i couldn't find anything. I am using Adobe Photoshop.

2. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Seamless overlaps can be accomplished with masking layers. I think the Photoshop manual has a decent explanation.

3. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Use a mask layer on the pics. Select a feathered brush, choose black as your color. Play with the opacity and stuff, and you<ll get a nice fading out.

4. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    hooray! thanx for all the help....even if it was very simple...but i appreciate anyway!

5. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    uhh...
    what do you mean "feathered brush"???

6. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    The quick-easy-dirty-way to make a nice looking not-hard-edged mask: Make a selection with the lasso tool or selection tool for the area you'd like to keep. Click the "Make mask from selection" button on the layers palette. With the mask still selected, apply a gaussian blur to the mask. Do this with multiple images on multiple layers and you'll be able to combine them with a very nice blend. Optionally, you can apply various filters to a mask to change it's look. For example, I use the Alien Skin Jiggle filter on my masks to give them a nice disorganized look. You can find some examples of how I used this technique on this web site. Look at the borders at the top and also the images throughout the site. All of them were masked with this technique.

-tm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.