Banning

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by GrnJalera, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got banned today. I'm not sure why, but this was the response I got:

"You were banned for trolling. Please read the Terms of Service you agree to each time you post here. Debate is encouraged! Discussion is encouraged! But talking about people's heads up their butts and Anakin in diapers, etc, just to get the other users upset is trolling. Best of luck on your second chance..."

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER did I say anything about people's rear-ends nor mention Anakin in Diapers. I would like to see the "supposed" post and talk to the person who banned me. I would formally request an IP check on this "supposed" post to verify that IT WAS NOT ME!

Anyone who knows me or has read any of my 618 posts have I EVER TROLLED ANYONE OR ANYTHING!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry for the anger in this post, but I am FURIOUS at this treatment.
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I personally find the ban uncalled for as well...

"Zis is an outrage!"
  3. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    have CR Krash go to DarthJurist or the other RSA, is it BobaFemme? can't remember...

climb the ladder to get your answer...

-b-
  4. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
  5. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Especially when you did nothing to deserve it and no one will come forward with a "Sorry. We made a mistake."

:mad:
  6. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Ok, everyone stay calm...nothing is going to get accomplished by a bunch of ranting/complaining.

I've spoken with GrnJalera, and WE'll get to the bottom of this.
  7. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, I have calmed down quite a bit. :)

DarthJurist and Krash are both looking into it. It might have been a mistake or a system error. Not sure at this point.

"If the IP doesn't fit, you must aquit!"

8. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    It was a mistake, and I have sent an apology to GJ (who was accidentially caught in an IP ban). So we are all good :D

9. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    So people, (NOT YOU GrnJalera) need to be banned to be calmed down ( ;) )
  10. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    thinly veiled padawan... very thinly veiled...

-b-
  11. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Jedi2016 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the mistake needs to be fixed once again.. I've heard from Gr'n Jalera that he has, ONCE AGAIN!, been banned from these boards.

Probably for breathing too loudly.

I, for one, would really like to know how such things are done, how someone could repeatedely be banned "by mistake".

Who's running this place?
  13. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    *shakes head and walks away*
  14. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    I, for one, would really like to know how such things are done, how someone could repeatedely be banned "by mistake".

We are trying to get this worked out. GJ was not banned for anything he did on this board or else where on the JC.

When a person is banned, one option is to ban the IP as well as the username. On occassion, when more than one person shares an IP, an innocent person will banned along with the offending user.

In this case, GJ was caught in an IP ban yesterday. I tried to fix it, but apparently didn't do it properly. I've now had some of the JC admins look into the situation, and I hope that this time to IP issue has been resolved correctly.

Again, this had nothing to do with GJ personally, and I'm sorry if it appeared that way.
  15. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looks like I'm back amongst the living! :)

I apologize for the anger, but when accused of doing something I didn't do, I got a little defensive. ;)
  16. Douz Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know of a few things that you have done Grn that you are truly guilty of doing...of course...Im probably just as guilty as well then.

Good to see you back.
  17. JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been banned "accidently" and recieved the same "Sorry, our mistake" line of poodoo at least 3 times.

Banning totals that I did deserve 2.
  18. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks to some cool heads, we managed to find the problem...and fix things for GrnJalera. Apparently, this happens from time to time; and once it is brought to the proper authorities' attention, things gets handled quickly.

WELCOME BACK GrnJalera!
  19. DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Nine times out of ten TFN's so-called "proper authorities" are the problem. This is the most ban-happy (not in Brian's case, it seems) board I have ever been a part of.

Patrick
  20. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    If you don't like the way things are run here...

...there's the door, I won't stop you!
  21. DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thank you, Krash. Thank you for proving the point I was trying to make. "If you don't like how we play, go somewhere else". That is patended TFN company line. You forgot to put the little copyright symbol next to those words.

Instead of listening to the concerns of members and try to at LEAST give some thought to said concers, mods and admins ALWAYS fall back on that pathetic phrase.

I haven't stumbled across that in the fanforce part of the boards. Gee, now it feels like TFN.

Patrick
  22. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Message removed at author's request
  23. DarthKlown2 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Actually, slick, I have every right to complain about admins and mods. As a member I can voice my concerns with how things are done. I've done it for years, and will continue to do so.

Of course, you completely missed the point of my post, but that's ok. I'm used to sheeple like you not understanding what I say. Lord knows there are enough of you at TFN.

Incidentally, BMack, many parts of your post could be construed as "flaming". Which is against the TOS you are screaming about. See how this works? Are you following? The terms of the TOS can be invoked whenever a mod/admin feels like it or ignored whenever a mod/admin feels like it. Are you grasping this yet? Probably not. Which, again, is ok.

Now go away, junior, the grown ups are talking.

Patrick
  24. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    Message removed at author's request
  25. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    I would like to remind everyone that part of the so-often-mentioned TOS says:

Also, as a general guideline, all users here should respect one another's opinions and beliefs.

If you disagree with, please, by all means, debate that issue, but DO NOT stoop to attacking each other. If you have a problem with someone, please don?t get down and dirty on the boards, take the high road. If you feel that someone is causing a problem, please contact your CR or RSA to deal with them. I know you may be tempted to fight it out on the boards,

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/thinkofchildren.jpg]

Guys, we?re all here to have fun, so let?s try to keep it on the lighter side.

~H~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.