main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Bantha Tracks Photo Contest for DVD Release

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Noticed this while reading my starwars.com e-newsletter this morning...

Show Us Your Disc!
    Send pictures of your new Star Wars trilogy DVDs from wherever you are -- the crazier the better! Deadline is Wednesday, September 22 by noon PST. Please send photos of you, your friends, and especially your DVD discs to banthatracks@starwars.com.

DVD Parties
    Star Wars fans are making their plans to celebrate the release of the original trilogy on DVD September 21. What are you and your friends planning to do? Send your party reports to Bantha Tracks.

We'll have to remember to take lots of pictures Monday night so that we have a few cool ones to submit for the "Show Us Your Disc" contest.

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Great idea. Yes we need to do this. I have always wanted to try and get the chapter in the Insider. We have to think of some crazy or cool picture ideas so we have a shot at getting in. I will try and think of some.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, we didn't end up taking any really crazy pictures I don't think, but do we still want to submit something?
    I think the only one I've seen so far where one of us is holding up the discs is the one of TD-027 sans helmet.

~Doc_Bev

4. havok735

havok735 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2003
    I have the best idea!!!!

We need HothGirl to get dressed up as Leia and then have someone with an R2 (I have the robot toy) take a pic of her looking like she is inputing the DVD like it was the Death Star plans! :D

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    D'oh :oops: I just noticed that the deadline was yesterday! I thought it was the 24th... Oh well...

Still - that is a very awesome idea Andy! We should take that picture anyways just for the heck of it!

~Doc_Bev

6. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    D'oh! Too bad we missed the deadline...but that's a really cool idea.

Find me an artoo and I'll do the pic anyway! :)

7. havok735

havok735 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2003
    I have one of the toy ones that sits about 1 1/2" to 2" tall. I know it isn't much, but it might work.

Honestly I think we should do a funny Star Wars pics day. Maybe it could be a photo scavanger hunt that we do, but all in Star Wars garb. Anyways, everyone enjoys seeing Star Wars characters in funny pics... :D

8. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Oh wait a sec...I think SW Freak has an Artoo soda cooler that's good size. If we do a shoot, maybe we could use that. :D

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Oh well. Sometime I would like us to get our pic in that Mag. We should just start trying to write in abut what we are doing and sending photos. How does anyone else get in? My cooler may work out pretty good. Maybe we could do a digital edit thing with it. To bad the R2s aren't going to be at Grape and Wine this year. We could just use the real thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.