Tampa, FL Bar-B-Que group gathering

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey everyone, Marie has offered to hold a Bar-B-Que at her home for us to do a group get together and take a group photo that day also. This would a good thing to do so we can get to know eachother better and take a group photo to send into Star Wars Insider, you can bring your costume if you like for this photo op.

Marie has suggested we do this on April 3rd at her house, if your interrested in doing this please post here and if you can bring food or drink and such like cups or plates and things it would really help.

So who's up for this gathering of good times?

Marie
    Me

And ?
  2. codemaker Force Ghost

star 2
    Count me in. My Dad has the hookup with Publix so I can bring the hotdogs, hamburbers, etc.
  3. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Cool...We can celibrate my birhtday too. It's on the 4th.
  4. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok April 3rd is okay. I was thinking of the 3rd. Sat. in April, before the meeting. Like have bar-b-que, then meeting, then movie or whatever? Either Sat. is okay with me. I will make potatoe salad
  5. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool! I'll come, just tell me what you need me to bring!
  6. Gov_Jade Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will bring beans...its not a bbq without beans. ;)
  7. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll get the list together and let everyone know.

What would be better April 3rd. Sat. or before the meeting on Sat. April 17th?
  8. vswader Jedi Knight

star 1
    count me in .... i'll help out to bring whatever...i think that a feast coinciding with the meeting on the 17th is best....we can all be jabba the hutt for a day.
  9. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll bring ME!!! Oh and some chips and dips....
  10. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Vswader, I thought coinciding with the meeting date might be better for most members. ...so let's set that as the date...April 17th at say 2pm. I will start cooking earlier and folks can come early if you wish, we can even have the meeting early. Remember, bring your costume for an official chapter group picture and individual pics for bios on the website.
  11. Gov_Jade Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes...individual bios...remember to post those on the persona thread or email them or pm me!

GrAdmJade@theforce.net ;)
  12. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    This date has chnaged for the bar-b-q?

Is it now on the 17th of April Marie? not the 3rd of April?

If this a change of date I will change it in my book then, please let me know.
  13. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think there was always confusion on this... I believe it was always supposed to be the third week in April, hence the 17th... I think... :)
  14. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION:

You are correct Geek... The date is the 3rd Sat of April which is the 17th.

April 3rd, which is also a Saturday is NOT the date of the BBQ. Now hopefully all confusion is cleared.

Also we need posts of what people are go to be bringing. The BBQ will be at Marie's apt and it will more than likely occur rain or shine. IT WILL BE AN OFFICIAL MEETING as well as BBQ.

I feel the Events committee should take the initative to help coordinate food and snacks for our events so that the same 3 people are not always bringing the food and/or footing the bill. It has been suggested that rather than add club dues to the charter that we "pass the hat" to collect as people can contribute to help fund refreshments, decorations, supplies, etc. that the Chapter may need to do it's activities.

The elected treasurer (haven't got one yet) will be responsible for reporting what is in the fund, reminding people of things that we may need contributions for and keeping track of receipts and expenditures of funds.

END TRANSMISSION
  15. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can bring whatever is needed, so if somebody starts compiling a list, just let me know what's needed... Otherwise, I'd bring some bottles of soda and a few bags of chips or whatever... Let me know! :)
  16. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I am making potatoe salad, so far and maybe pork country style ribs.
  17. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes a list is needed for this OFFICAL group gathering seeing it is going to be a meeting/bar-b-q.

Please just post what you are bring so no one else brings the samething, also what do you like to drink, because I will bring the drink to drink.

(blue milk)
  18. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll bring soda and blue milk, what does everyone like to drink, pepsi, mt. dew, coke???????
  19. CountDoofus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Our friends from the Trade Federation have pledged their support. And once our Potato Salad is combined with theirs, we shall have a Barbeque greater than any in the galaxy. And after the fallout from Governor Jade's beans occurs, the Jedi will be overwhelmed. The Republic will submit to any demands we make.
  20. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Jauhzmynn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm game to coming to the meeting/BBque. I can see if the people in the house are game. You may have 3 or more others coming.;-)

As for food? I'll go foraging and see what'll be yummy to bring.
    Anyone allergic to chocoalte? Or sweets like cookies?
  22. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Chocolate is always welcomed. I like Diet Coke w/lime or vanilla or just plain diet coke.
  23. Jauhzmynn Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good.
    I'll scare up some of the Diet coke with lime and some diet Vanilla. Also something with chocoalte in it. hmm. Any ideas all?
  24. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    There are SOOOOO many chocolate choices. Mousse, cake, pudding, chocolate covered strawberries. Boston cream pie, french silk pie, eclaires, and so many other wonderful things to eat with chocolate.
  25. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    So far this is the list of items for the BBQ on the 17th. Please also remember to bring yur costumes, we are taking a group picture with Yoda and also individual pics for everyone to have for a website, bio or whatever1

Marie: potatoe salad, ribs, also the Star Wars b-day cake!
    Eric: hot dogs, hamburgs
    Denise: chips & dips
    Darryl: Baked beans
    excuse me!
    Jamie: sodas
    Lisa: chocolate something
    Ross: sodas

Please add to the list and either past it on the bottom or I will write it down.

We still need hot dog and hamburg buns, ketchup, paper plates, cups, ice???

I have mustard, relish, olives, some pickles, mayo, miracle whip. If you can think of anything else please post it or bring it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.