main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bar Jedi closing down sale..... bargains galore

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by MrDankDonk, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    I was speaking to my pal Hamish last night, and I heard a wee something that may be of interest to Glasgow-based Star Wars obsessives...

Hamish has just taken on the lease of Bar Jedi at Charing Cross, and is planning a major refit and a complete move away from the sci-fi theme which, to be honest, wasn't doing anything for the business anyway....

so, up for sale, right now, is a fairly large bar canopy styled on the top part of Darth Vader's helmet, which I'm sure would look lovely as a decorative addition to a double bed ...

:: winks at Az and Westie ::

and all the staff costuming material - this includes helmets, capes, lightsabers, blasters etc

if you are interested in a cheap job lot of this stuff, simply go to Bar Jedi and either ask for Hamish, or, in his absence, leave yir number at the bar.......

offer begins 16 / 9/ 02, and ends whenever the stuff is sold

2. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    Quick!

Westy, Mr DD! LOOK FOR ME!!! AAAARGGGH!!!

WOW!!!

3. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    What's the quality like on the costumes? Any Episode II stuff there? I've never actually been in Bar Jedi (or Jedeye as it seems to be now) since I'm under 18.

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    You mean there is a legal age limit over there?

5. westford

westford Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I've never been there either... Wouldn't might getting a lightsaber or two. Why does my brother have to be on holiday this week? I bet he'd have paid for them if I mentioned it... Bah!

Erm, Az... Are you on sale or something? I'm confused about why I'd be looking for you at Bar Jedi... :p

6. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    Look for bargains for me...

Bah... they will all be gone now though...

Bah

7. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    No idea of the quality on offer, although I suspect that the lightsabers and blasters will be yir standard issue Forbidden Planet items....

regardless of yir age, you can go into Bar Jedi and ask to see what they have - early eveining/dinnertime when its quiet would be best.

The age thing only stops you from buying a drink :D

8. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    I dunno, it didn't stop the Hobbits. ;)

But thanks for the advice, I'll try to pop in (probably won't get the chance though) to see what sort of things they have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.