main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Barab I and the Yuuzhan Vong

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Roa, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    According to the NJO Sourcebook Barab I was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong. It says, "Saba escaped her homeworld Barab I-now overrun by the Yuuzhan Vong". But Dark Journey does not seem to agree with this. Tesar suggested that the Jedi go to Barab I to escape the Yuuzhan Vong. Tesar said, "The Barabel homeworld is not in the invasion path." So which is it?
    Also the NJO Sourcebook maps show Bastion, Muunilinst, Bilbringi, Kuat, Osarian, Kothlis, Kashyyyk, and Kessel as being taken by the Yuuzhan Vong. But I don't remember these worlds ever being captured. If someone could clarify these things it would be very helpful.

2. Crite Sculdren

Crite Sculdren Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 1999
    I can't answer your first question, as i do not have the NJO sourcebook. The second question i can answer in two different ways. First, it is possible that these worlds weren't specifically taken, as the Vong have a limited fleet, and they are instead simply within conquered space, but not themselves conquered, like Sparta when Alexander the great conquered Europe. Or, they could have been captured, but because of the scale of the invasion, all of the conquered planets simply could not be mentioned.

3. Roa

Jan 2, 2002
    If you had seen he maps in the NJO Sourcebook you would understand what I mean.

4. DarkTreader

DarkTreader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Possibly the sourcebook is a reference to things yet to come....

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I thought the sourcebook was only supposed to cover up through Book 9 (Star by Star)

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Bastion and Kashyyyk are notable worlds in GFFA. They would have been mentioned if they fell.

7. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    I can't add anything either without personally breaking down the NJO Sourcebook for context, etc.

However, I will offer some SPECULATION.

Perhaps the "taken" dots/symbols in the NJO Sourcebook can also be interpretted as YV incursions and/or attacks on those systems. Thus, it wouldn't necessarily mean those areas were "conquered" but maybe they were attacked and perhaps, the YV were either driven off OR are still engaged in conflict at those locations.

OR perhaps those areas were attacked, and "some of those targets" were weakened sufficiently that they were left alone - figuring that they no longer posed a threat. Kind of like the Advozec homeworld in one of the early issues of the Star Wars Gamer. [Or kind of like the temporary problems to Coruscant when Grand Admiral Thrawn released cloaked asteriods outside of Coruscant's orbital shields during the Thrawn Trilogy - essentially, taking Coruscant out of the combat picture for the time being.]

Just thoughts . . . only Wizards can say "why" they did what they did.

8. Roa

Jan 2, 2002
    If the dots merely symbolize worlds affected by the Yuuzhan Vong then why aren't Yag'Dhul, Fondor, and Arkania marked on the map as so?

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Maybe they fall later on.

DARK JOURNEY SPOILERS

Didnt Jaina and Lowie go to Kasyyyhk in DJ?

END

10. Roa

Jan 2, 2002
    No Jaina and Lowbacca didn't go to Kashyyyk. They merely sent for techs from Kashyyyk.

11. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Ah yeah. Knew the planet was involved :)

12. Roa

Jan 2, 2002
    Can anyone answer my questions about Barab I and the NJO sourcebook map?

13. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    my bet is that it's probably been taken over. that barabel was on on that mission for awhile and didn't know that his homeworld had been captured. wouldn't it suck to piss off a mad barabel jedi?

14. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Maybe teser is a vong in a ooglith masquer, ;)(trick people into falling into the vong's hands on bareb I), ;).

Or maybe vong over ran it, causing trouble then were defeated by the barebels, then either the vong were killed or left the planet.

15. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    NJO sourcebooks seems to be letting out a few spoilers. It also says that Bastion and Muunilinst have been captured.

16. Roa

Jan 2, 2002
    Since when have the Yuuzhan Vong ever just left. If the Barabels kicked their butts they would destroy Barab I. Didn't they destroy New Plympto for that very reason. They wouldn't just leave peacefully. But maybe your right, maybe Tesar is a Yuuzhan Vong in disguise (or maybe not).

17. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    i like my idea more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.