main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Barefoot Squadron - The Tahiri Veila Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Rew, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Approved by s65horsey! :D (The old thread was long dead and in need of a reboot.)

This thread is dedicated to the galaxy's rock-footed Force wielding gal, Tahiri Veila. The sole love of Anakin Solo in life (and even in death), she's seen and been through everything: an orphan, a Tusken Raider adoptee, a Jedi apprentice and Jedi Knight, partial Yuuzhan Vong, fighter pilot and squad leader, partial Killik Joiner, Sith apprentice and GA lieutenant, bounty hunter, and now a prisoner standing trial. Most amazing of all, she did a great many of those things without even putting any shoes on.
    ;)

So as of this thread's creation, in the Fate of the Jedi series, Tahiri is standing trial for the murder of Gilad Pellaeon. What do you think the final outcome will be? What will be next for Tahiri in life? Will she reconcile with the Solos and the Jedi Order? Can she make peace with the Imperial Remnant after she brought about the death of their beloved leader? Will she finally get over Anakin? How much more can the woman take?

Feel free to discuss that or anything else related to the character or...yeah. These intro threads are always so awkward. :p

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, great idea, Rew, I have always found Tahiri to be one of the more interesting Jedi of her generation, more so than Jaina. I haven't read the FOTJ books yet so I can't really speculate on her future. However I do think she is very deserving of her own novel set sometime after Dark Nest or LOTF, since she's stuck on Zonama Sekot after NJO. I know there is The Final Prophecy, but since Zekk almost got a novel and Jaden Korr is getting at least two, Tahiri should get her own story outside of a major series. I mean, she was very close to being part of the Skywalker/Solo clan. Maybe some of the other Myrkr survivors could appear in it too, like Tesar and Lowbacca.

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    I thought I would mention that Tahiri is said to be on the cover of Conviction!

4. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I knew the new cover would certainly revive this thread.:p

5. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Oddly, the very day I drop by to say that she would be on the cover, the cover is released. I should do that more often!

Here it is: http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/conviction/index.html

6. Tamlan_Eld

Tamlan_Eld Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2010
    I would really like to see a her get a book, she's much more interesting than Jaina and she's got that brooding dark anti-hero vibe everyone loves! As for an appearance by Lowbacca, I would like that too. Didn't George Lucas put an end to the whole Wookiee Jedi thing?

7. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Lowbacca is still allowed, but he can't be the main character I would think.

I wrote a Tahiri one-shot fanfiction based off of the cover. Am I allowed to post it?

Here's the link: Pain and Hindsight

8. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Allies was amazing! I'm willing to post a scene from the book I typed up if any one wants it;it is the scene where Han/Leia tell Tahiri about Anakin from Abyss

9. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Yay!, a place to talk about my favorite Jedi! So what DO you guys think of what is happening with Tahiri in FOTJ. I personally love the fact that she is trying to turn over a new leaf and get her life back on track. My heart just breaks for her because it seems like this trial is a no win situation. And the whole Anakin getting to tell her he still loves her from beyond the grave...how amazing is that?
    So where do you think Tahiri's character is headed next? Do you think she'll be convicted, executed? Or will she get a second chance? What do you think she'll do with it if she does?
    Do we still need to block out spoilers. I can never remember if enough time has passed?

10. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I want in! Tahiri will probably break out and go out on her own for awhile until the Jedi deal with Daala. The scene with Leia and Han telling Tahiri gave me goosebumps. Poor Girl.

11. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I sometimes think that Tahiri is the only one who has grown up.

12. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Ah yes, I am in the right place. I heard about on wookieepedia the scene where Han and Leia relay the message back about what Anakin said, and I was devasted I couldn't read it for myself.. since Australia is a bit behind... and plus it's quite expensive over here.

Can anybody put the scene up? That would be amazing.

13. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I just want to add something. I have a special place for Tahiri because her character touches me more than any other. Many see her as immature, not special, weak and not worthy of book time. But I think she is the most relatable. Yes, we all want to be the Luke Skywalker's, the heroes who rise from the ashes, but we are not perfect and we are more like Tahiri than we know. She is more real, more human than any other Star Wars character in my opinion.

14. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    that was a great scene!! :D
    I am curious to see the outcome of Tahiri's trial

15. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    i hope she gets freed. i think the Bothan will do it. plus, she cant go about redeeming herself frozen in carbonite or dead. they killed anakin; they cant destroy her.

16. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    well let's hope that she is going to be free in some way.
    when taking the Conviction cover into consideration ... she has a lightsaber in her hands after all ;)
    but of course it doesn?t necessarily have to do anything with what is going to happen [face_worried]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/conviction/conviction_img.jpg]

17. RedHanded_Jill

Nov 16, 2004
    Conviction has many meanings. Tahiri being convicted in the court would be too obvious.

18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

Hey guys, the Expanded Universe Community is looking for a new Chancellor and Vice Chancellor, the following candidates have put their hands up for the jobs!

Evil_King_Wiggins running for Chancellor with Sinrebirth as his Vice Chancellor

or

Adalia Durron running for Chancellor with Albaholly as her Vice Chancellor.

Voting will begin on 23rd for one week. But right now, if you, the residents of the EUC wish to ask any candidate a question, by all means, now is the time! Go here and post a question to the candidates if you feel the need to ask anything!!

It's your EUC, be part of it!!!.

19. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    Tahiri is awesome, and Bothans are awesome. How can you lose with a team like that?

20. GenSkywalker

GenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2010
    Totally rooting for Tahiri!!!!!! [face_dancing]

21. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Totally agree, Tahiri is one of the finest complex characters of the younger Jedi.. after all this time she deserves the main spotlight. :cool:

There's so much to explore with Veila!

I've always seen her as I've seen Jaina, a main force of the Solo/Skywalker clan and one to follow in future as the next generation.

G__Anakin.. that Tahiri cover on Conviction looks ace!:D

I must admit I haven't read any 'Fate of the Jedi' series (even though I have all the books so far:oops: ) .. is Tahiri in it alot? I went off ProFic, but is this recent series worth the read? I'm afraid I need convincing.. I lost faith in the books after Sacrifice..[face_frustrated]:mad::(

22. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Wow! She sounds like a straight bad-ass.

Can I play?

23. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Was Tahiri running around barefoot in the NJO books as well?

24. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    yes, she does :D

25. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    I love Tahiri! She's so cool and funny, even after those creepy Yuzhan Vong got to her. I think she and Anakin Solo are a good match and that the worst thing that NJO and beyond authors did to Tahiri was kill Anakin and then make Darth Cadeus (am I spelling that right?) rub it in her face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.