1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:SA Bargains!!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Do you have a bargain? Have you gotten yourself a SW Bargain? Tell us about it!

Yesterday I was at the Salvation Army shop, looking for costume shoes and my son brought a bag of toys to me and said, "Mum, can I have these? Only a $1?" I said yes and thought nothing more. Then my daughter came running in from teh $1 clothes rack "MUM!! Look!!" She had a black pair of Star War EP 1 cargo pants in her hand in my size! OMG!! Grabbed them! Then we got home and opened the bag, son seemed to know what he wanted out of the bag. Pulled out a vintage Thunderbirds FAB1 - Lady Penolopes Pink Rolls Royce Car in excellent condition!! It's 60's, it's English and it's awesome! He was happy, I was stunned. He knew it was there and said nothing to me!!! Smart kids!!! [face_love]
  2. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    bought alot of lego as bargains.

3. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Me too, just last weekend i grabbed sw cantina set for $45 isntead of the marked price of $55

4. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    My son wants a heap of lego!! I need to start looking!!
  5. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    aha!! I live on bargains!! But I guess that's what you do when you're broke!! I've had a few interesting ones, mostly on Ebay, but can't remember them all now! :D
  6. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I'm looking at Lego on Ebay now....there's a princess Leia for $80 US! Whoa... But lots of 'loose lego' which is what I am looking for! :D
  7. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got loose lego......all throughout my house!!! Don't do it, A-D - it'll be the bane of your life - and your vacuum cleaner!! :D
  8. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    LOL!! Kinda like the beads Cassie makes her friendship bracelets with? They make the best sound running up the vaccum!! :p
  9. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    worse!! they clog up the vacuum cleaner, and then, when you decide to play with the lego when the kids are in bed, you can't find Yoda's head!! :D (cos it's gone up the vacuum, maybe)
  10. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    LOL!! NOO!! Not Yoda's head!?!? I've had to put my SW lego out of reach as he keeps pulling it apart, so it's time for him to have his own.......watching a few on Ebay now.....
  11. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    nah, was never my lego.....just stuff I bought for them over the last couple of years, birthdays and such.....I play with it! And it's a good tool......go to bed, or the lego dies!!! :D
  12. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    yeah lego hurt when you step on them.

Trust me I know.

13. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    I've still got my Lego!! But my Mum got smart ... she gave me a sheet to spread it out on, then when it was time to pack up ... lift all four corners, back in the bucket ... ready for tomorrow!!
  14. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    I was never that smart.

but it I did learn the lesson and leave it in the bucket.
  15. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    ah....your Mum was smart. I might do that

I don't have anything from when I was a kid....I think mum gave it all to the salvos or someone.....I even had a 12" 3PO at one stage. I remember A-D and I playing with our little Lukes and Leias when we were about 12!! :)
  16. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    hee hee hee I think my Mum counted her blessings when she saw me playing with Lego *well that'll keep him busy for the next 5 hours!!*
  17. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I got a ROTJ single quilt case in MINT condition for $10 at the markets last weekend.
    I was happy, briefly.....
  18. Nar_Shaddaa Jedi Padawan

I got the Lego "Cloud City" for $100 (RRP-$250+) at the West Lakes Kmart, The Lego AT-AT for $150 (RRP-$216) at Kmart, Port Adelaide. And, the Lego Falcon for $120(RRP-$200, offhand) at Toys'R'Us in Town.

This is all in the last 2 months, so there may still be stock left @ these places. Big Star Wars Lego doesn't seem to move down this way.

I know That Big W at Arndale may still Have afew Lego Jabba's Palace sets going for about $30, roughly. This Set was about $70-$90 when released 2 or 3 years ago.

19. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    around here big sw doesnt move at all unless it is at Toys R us.
  20. Nar_Shaddaa Jedi Padawan

21. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    well it moves but it doesnt drop in price.

and Kmart doesnt have a large selection around here.
  22. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    Just got back from a great bargain - free tickets to see Glyn Nicholas and Shaun Micallef live!! It was a fantastic show....if you want a great laugh, go!!

I am a little intrigued though.....

I posted something on here earlier in the day, and it seems to have disappeared!! Has anyone ever had that happen to them? I know I'm not going mad - where did it go? I hope it didn't go to another thread, that just wouldn't make sense!

EDIT: oh wait, I am going mad!! Just found it!! duh, Winter....time for bed, methinks! :D

23. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I have always regretted not picking up one of the Ultimate Collector's Series X-Wings for 50 bucks from K-Mart when they clearanced them out a couple of years ago. Those things go for 300+ on Ebay now :(

I want one of those Lego ISDs...
  24. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, I'm glad you liked the show, MsWinter. I've never really found Shaun Micallef very funny though. I walked past him last wednesday along King William street. He was walking along like a self important prat... almost like he was waiting for someone to recognise him and stop him.... but anyway, glad it was a good show :D
  25. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I was gonna say it does happen from time to time Winter but you found it I guess! Sometimes when the boards lock or dump out the post you are doing at the time is lost....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.