main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Barnes and Noble movie party

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Miccu_Resea, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I dont know about you guys in denver, but i just went to B&N here in the springs and found out that they are having a party for the new movie coming out. the party is on May 7th (I think) and it is from 4 to 6. Just thought you would want to know.

Also that the new book in the NJO after Rebel Stand is Traitor, which focuses on Jacen and Vergere (maybe the training of Jacen by Vergere). The parts i saw was that it said something about The force and the dark side, and that he was being watched by powerful things in the shadows...maybe the dark side...

anyway, just thought you guys would want to know...

2. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    sweet, wish I could make it :(

3. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    i wonder if the B&N in Denver will do it...find out :)

4. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    have to check on this!

5. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    It sounded interesting, and ill see if ill go.

Anyway, The book of Attack of the Clones is out, and i want to know if i should read the book first or watch the movie first?

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    That's been an ongoing debate about books into movies and adaptations forever.

Remember they are two different mediums, films and tv can only give you visuals of the physical events.

Books can expand the story, include scenes there aren't time for, go into characters heads with huge backstories.

Books will always contain a larger story.

For myself, i've found that it's better to see the movie first so that I already know the major events, then read the book to fill in the cracks. I'm less disappointed that way.

A lot of people prefer to read books first and then see the movie so that they don't read the book with preconceived notion of how things and people look, eclipsing their imagination.

Don't know where all that came from? Must've been percolating in my head for years!

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    With books i've already read years earlier getting made into movies it gets a little complicated, then I usually just try to go into the movie knowing that it won't be the story the book told and just judge it by whether I like the story they did choose to tell on screen.

8. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    great idea, thanks!

9. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I dont think ANYONE should read the darn book first, the movie is gonna be much better, and I cannot BELIEVE that they would let the book out earlier. When Cody and I were at the store we promised one another that if the other fell to the Dark Side and got it, we would beat him up :p

10. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    finished the book last wed. and Chunk is halfway through it... lol

11. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i just started the book last night...

and i read the comic adaptation...

hmmm...

im still excited cause star wars is about many things, including impressive visuals and the amazing musical score... its going to be one amazing movie

12. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I think this is a problem cause if we have a book club I will want to talk about what I have read in the ATOC book

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.