main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Barnes & Noble Star Wars party on Wednesday night 7-10

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    So far that is all I know. I know this interferes with our line plans. I am planning on calling the manager tomorrow to see what they have planned and see if we can or should be involved. If we have preferential seating at Rave, maybe we can send a delegation to this.

2. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    how about when you call them you ask and see if they can reschedual it, since it is wednesday night and everyone will be in line for the movie

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    If they have advertised this out the you-know-what they won't reschedule. It'll cost too much money. Besides, they are probably in the B&N chain which states they have to have it on THIS SUCH day at THIS SUCH time. That's retail boys and girls. [face_laugh]

4. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I agree and won't be asking them to reschedule. I will be asking what exactly will be going on and if there is any role for us to play.

I now ask y'all: Are you interested in taking any time away from the Rave for this?

5. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    No we need to stay at the rave, we cant move tables and coolers back and forth nor can we leave them outside of the rave, anyways rave is counting on us controlling the line. Lets just let the B&N thing go, they should of never tried to do a SW thing on wednesday evening with knowledge of Midnight showings

6. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    Yes... that was stupid on their part becuase all the star wars fans will be in line to see the movie... not at a book store!

7. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Let's not flame local retailers--even if they are national chains--especially if they happen to be adding to the Star Wars hype and we might be able to get some publicity from it. [face_shame_on_you]

8. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    well then I say whoever wants to go to the barnes and nobles thing... let them... better seats for me at the rave :)

9. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    I agree, plus remember what I said, we have already agreed to help Rave out, if we plan on future stuff with them I think we should stay with the Rave and not going to B&N

10. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    wait wait wait... did I miss something? We all agreed to help rave out?

well I'm all for that... but I first need to know what we have to do, lol.

11. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    According to Kynstar talk I believe we are helping Rave out with the line

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    The manager mentioned that he had that under control. I'm guessing he's hoping that we'll act like adults and won't need 'supervision'. I would believe as long as everybody behaved and didn't go nutty ;) things should flow all right. If folks want to go to B-n-N for a while I wouldn't see a reason why they couldn't. If they got buds to keep their line (and since we have reserved seating... keeping your place in line really won't be necessary) so they can go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.