main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Barriss' End after TCW

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Sep 5, 2013.

1. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    No need for forgiveness after causing the deaths of Jedi, clones, and some maintenance crew at the temple?

Vialco likes this.
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Indeed. That's on a Sith-level of evil. Barriss killed her fellow Jedi. Beings that had pledged their life to serve the Force. Also, she is completely unrepentant. She doesn't deserve forgiveness, she hasn't done anything to earn it.

Mark my words, we'll probably never see her again.

Your Barriss is dead, son. Accept it.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  3. Pax Bandica

Pax Bandica Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2013
    I was bothered by Barriss's heel turn in TCW, mostly because I had just finished reading the MedStar books and took a liking to her.

But here's the thing...does anyone remember when she took the bota in, I think, the second MS book? It had some serious side effects, and almost like a "gateway drug" to the dark side.

So it's logical that the bota would have some lingering effects on her psyche, which would explain her shift to the dark side. I mean MedStar was towards the end of the Clone Wars, so there couldn't have been much time between the two incidents.

That's how I justify it in my head, anyway. In my heeead movies.

Sent from my Secure-A3 comlink

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    The bombing happened, but she didn't do it, just took credit for it as part of a cover story.

BoromirsFan and Esg like this.
  5. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

So the real murderer got off scott free, Ahsoka was nearly executed and ended up leaving the order, numerous people died, and the reputation of the Jedi was worsened for a cover story for Barriss?

That'd be incredibly sloppy handling of the situation.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

I love the idea of the Jedi Temple having a gas chamber. You know, cuz they're the real bad guys.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The Jedi don't execute their prisoners! So speaketh Bastila!

:)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What are you refering to?

9. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    A number of characters in AOTC were supposed to be the same characters as in TPM, but since they didn't get the same actors, they were made (technically) different characters.

Daultay Dofine became Neimoidian Rune Haako, Adi Gallia became Stass Allie, Eeth Koth became Agen Kolar, Depa Billaba became Sar Labooda, I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

10. Backbench Jedi

Backbench Jedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2013
    We had enough of that already.

11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Don't be absurd.

Barriss doesn't deserve such a painless death. She killed clones! The only suitable punishment for that is a firing squad. For what she did to Ahsoka, Rex would probably insist on doing it himself.

It's a fairly fitting end for Barriss. After all, she seems utterly unrepentant. If she actually regretted bombing the Temple, then redemption might be possible. But she's completely remorseless before the court. She'd do it all again, including framing the closest friend she has.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Moral outrage against a fictional character for fictional crimes is fun I'm sure, but if I need to be pissed off at someone, there are plenty of real people available.

Since this thread has gone srs bsns all of a sudden--they can execute Barriss or leave her in jail, I don't give a ****, the damage to her character is done already. I once hoped that the ludicrous solely-for-shock-value ending of season 5 would be explained by Barriss still being under the influence of Geonosian brain worms or the aforementioned bota, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. As it was, her "I don't think the Jedi should have resorted to war and violence so I'm going to blow up the Temple and kill a bunch of them" is as absurd as Anakin's "I am upset by the prediction that I'm going to the Dark Side so I'm going to go to the Dark Side to keep myself from going to the Dark Side" in the Mortis arc.

If the writers wanted me to care what happened to TCW Barriss later on, they should have written her well in the first place.

tjace and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well said. Though I was joking about the firing squad thing. Morbid humor is tough to pull off :(

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah, you're fine. [face_peace]

Jedi executions would probably involve lightsaber beheadings though. Pull in Mad Skillz Snips and she can do four at a time.

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I loved that scene!

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce and DigitalMessiah like this.
  16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    ^Meh, Savage Opress did better:

[​IMG]
    Quintuple decaps!

And those Death Watch guys put shame to the name of Mando'ade!

17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

She also claims the Hutts never build an Empire. [face_dunno] As other have brought up the only way to really fix it if they just send her back on missions to proof her worth.

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

You're right, the Jedi would never be so merciful. Mercy isn't even in their vocabulary.

19. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Compassion is for those who deserve it.

AusStig and CT-867-5309 like this.
  20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I will hate that to the end of my days. If Ewan McGregor can turn into Alec Guiness, how could anyone possibly give a **** what the guy in the back of the room with the horns looks like.

Nobody145, tjace, DarthBoba and 2 others like this.
  21. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I recall a distinct lack of mercy when Obi-Wan slashed off Anakin's limbs and left him to burn alive on Mustafar's fiery shores. Anakin betrayed the Jedi Order and killed his fellow Jedi. For that crime, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi decided that he did not deserve mercy.

Barriss Offee betrayed the Jedi Order and caused the deaths of many Jedi. The Jedi didn't show Darth Vader any mercy, why would they give any to a vile traitor like Barriss?

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Obi-Wan only shows mercy depending on one's "unconditional surrender", if I recall correctly. I believe he said that himself once.[face_tee_hee]

23. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Considering Vader lived to enact 20 some years of suffering and terror on the galaxy, specifically because Obi-Wan chose not to kill him, there's probably a message there from the Force. [:D]

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    There's a good question there, actually--what's more in tune with the light side, letting a murderer live so he can continue murdering for twenty years but be redeemed in the end, or just killing him in the first place?

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  25. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Obi-Wan said he couldn't kill Anakin to Yoda and he meant it.