main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Barriss' End after TCW

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Sep 5, 2013.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    But leaving aside the "balance of the Force" thing, would it have been more "good" of him if he had?

Not saying I think so, necessarily, but it's an interesting point. Try telling the Falleen that 200,000 of their people had to die so the Force would be balanced.

2. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Right? It actually makes you think. If you take the Force into consideration, then a lot of moral issues kind of have to be put aside in terms of it being in balance. But to the people who have to live and die for that to happen, it's not the best of situations. Though if we're talking about balance, I don't know that the Light Side would really come into the equation.

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Presumably more than 200,000 people would have died if Sidious achieved immortality unfettered by being chucked down a reactor shaft.

4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    We know that as the audience, and someone like Yoda may recognize the sequence of events in that light, but IU it's another matter.

5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    In-universe, no one knows that Obi-Wan could have killed Darth Vader and chose not to either.

6. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Inquisitor Offee, of course.

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, you know what I mean. :p

But fine, we'll keep it strictly IU--what do you suppose Bail Organa's feelings are when Vader reappears?

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wasn't that touched on in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader? It's been several years since I read it, but I definitely remember Obi-Wan's reaction.

9. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It's in chapter 29.