main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Barriss Offee's Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by picciami, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. picciami

picciami Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    I'm going to make the Barriss Offee costume for Halloween because I'm a hopless Star Wars fan, and it isn't going to cost me much to make it other than the material that I'm going to use to make the dress that I will use anyway and whatever I decide on for the cape. The question is:

Is her makeup dark purple or black? Would it look better to do black makeup or dark purple makeup if your skin is lighter than hers, but not too much?

Okay, so two questions. And...are those just any random black boots she's wearing under her dress?

If anybody can answer my questions soon, you're awesome!

Thanks.

Picc.

2. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Fortunately, there are many reference photos online of Barriss Offee. Try doing a Google Image search for her, you should get lots of pics.

I know that JediSamantha did that costume (quite well too). Also, one of the Rebel Legion members did her costume as well.

As to the tattoos, I would personally lean towards the purple. Perhaps even outlined in black first.

The boots should not matter much, as the floor length dress covers them for the most part. Footwear is always one of the hardest parts in costuming, but luckily you ladies have it much easier...seems that tall boots for men are in limited selection.

I hope that helps to some degree...

~Kai

3. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    That costume is actually a lot more detailed than you think

Padawan_adri from our group in Rochester, NY did the costume and put a ton of time into it - the buckle alone for the belt took a couple days to carve into the leather

You might want to contact her - she did an awesome job with the costume, makeup, belt, and everything that went with the costume.

Try contacting her - if she wants I can host the pics of her buckle and costume for her - this way you can see how it turned out

Dave

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Just check out the Padawan's Guide section on Barris Offee & Luminara Unduli. There are some great references and links there.

5. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I did Barriss awhile ago.. heres some pics for you

My costumes

Her make-up is indeed dark purple.

6. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Beware! I think i read it on Padawan's Guide.. but its not a dress: the shirt is ribbed and the skirt is like polyester spandex? I was looking into this costume a couple of months ago....

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Since halloween isn't that far away I think it might be hard to do a perfectly accurate costume, it won't be that hard to do easily recognisable Barriss though. Most people would recognise her in the black tight shirt and long flowing skirt, then the important thing would be to get the blue cape with pattern on it and the make up. I'd say that if you really don't want to sew you could probably find a suitable top and skirt to buy. :)

8. picciami

picciami Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    You guys are awesome! Thank you soooo much. Now I get to go out and spend my birthday money. Since I need a concert dress anyway, I'm probably just going to do some type of dressy dress, make/buy a top to go with it, and (hopefully) find material that looks good. My main concern was definately the makeup. And, being as Halloween isn't very far away, and I'm in band and we do stuff all of the time, I don't think I'm going to be able to make an accurate costume, because I'm a and nerd and teach every day and have no time. I will post pictures when I get it finished....

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    There's a tutorial here that might help, too.

10. amazonqueen16

amazonqueen16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2003
    Yeah!!! I finally found a place that talks about Barriss' costume. I decided to try this about 3 days b4 Halloween and it took couple long nights to finish it. as soon as i figure out my scanner I'll post some pics of it. I actually found fabric for the cloak that matches fairly close. but it was like $10.00 a yard or more i cant rememeber. anyways does anyone know how to do the neck part and black under hood???

Kiery
    The Amazon Queen

11. amazonqueen16

Oct 6, 2003
    I think that the tattoos on her face are blue. I found a wonderful color of blue luquid eyeliner yesterday and its really easy to apply and comes off w/ soap and water. anyways have a good week!!

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Upping this again to ask if someone has or knows where to find a close-up picture of the belt buckle?

Also, can anyone recommend an online site where I might find something for the cloak material? I've been to every Hancock's in town and haven't found anything that even remotely resembles the cloak.

THANKS!

13. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Jedi_Sam, you were at AOTC when Triumph the Insult Comic was there, weren't you?

14. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    *sigh*

yes.. yes i was.

I was the girl who was interviewed as well.

*sigh*

IT NEVER ENDS! LOL

15. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey Jedi Trace - as I mentioned earlier in the thread - one of my friends did that costume - right down to carving by hand the leather for the buckle - here is a shot of it (click on it for a closer look):

[image=http://www.saberbelt.com/images/belts/belt12.jpg]

Hope this helps you - let me know if you want more pics - I am sure I will be able to get it and photo it for you ;)

Dave

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    lgtsbr: Thank you! Your friend does beautiful work.

17. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    My friend Chanel was the best looking Bariss, check it out at her site, www.vanecek.com/chanel

18. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Thank address didn't work, DV 79.

19. amazonqueen16

Oct 6, 2003
    If you have Star Wars Insider #62 it has a fairly good picture of the belt buckle. PM me if you don't & I'll try to send it to you

20. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    Hmm, I see the link no longer works, Well if you have last months issue of Banta Tracks that came with the star wars insider, there is a whole article about her, and it has a picture of her as bariss with luminara unduli at comiccon. It came with the Star Wars Insider with Luke Skywalker on the front,

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    amazonqueen16: Oh, that is a good pic in Insider #62. Thanks!

DV 79: I remember that article about Chanel. I think I cried through the whole thing. She was lovely and I know that she is dearly missed.

22. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I am having a problem figuring out what kind of make-up to use for Barriss. The tattoos and lip color aren't a problem, but I can't seem to get the skin tone right. I have a very fair complexion with a lot of pink undertones, and everytime I try to add anything even slightly greenish to my skin, it ends up looking grey, and I look like I'm dead. It's scary. I'm thinking of just using a bronzing powder, and giving up on the greenish tinge. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Lisa

23. DarthVader79

Jun 16, 2001
    Try yellow, depending on your skin tone, it might work a bit better. As for the tatoos, use eyeliner.

24. amazonqueen16

Oct 6, 2003
    I used a liquid eyeliner that was a dark blue/black that looks really good but I can't remember the brand name and I can never get my diamonds to look right, does anyone have a pattern for the tatoos? I don't even know how many diamonds she has. HELP!

25. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    You can usually find a close up pic of Barris and count out how many diamonds are in the design. I made a stencil out of paper and I just brush some Ben Nye makeup over it with a sponge. Seems to work great for me and the design comes out clear everytime with little hassle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.