main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Barriss Offee's Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by picciami, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKyree

MasterKyree Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    well after all that work on my cloak i guess its back to work then.
    oh well now we know (or assume we know) exactly what it looks like.
    since none of my comics i have with barriss in it dont show her back.

P.S. i should also say that i got my costume pictures and will post them as soon as i can. (diplomas first. BLAST!)

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I must say that I appreciate greatly all the information that has been provided. I look forward to getting started on the costume and will begin my fabric hunt later today.

I've already got my make-up figured out. I will be using food dye and going with the clone wars green. I already know that this works because I've used the same green for my Twi'lek costume. It's a nice alternative to make-up as I can't stand the feel of make-up and once dry, it doesn't rub off.

Anyway, if any of you stumble across additional information, especially about the back of the cloak, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, regarding her hair, on the cover of my Medstar 1 book it looks blue... a fun hair color to do.

3. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    If there is a hair color, I haven't seen it... she usually wears a black 'mask' sort of around her face, so I've never seen her hair. Of course her face is never covered.

4. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Yeah she does have black/blue hair but if you are doing the AOTC outfit you will never see it so do not worry.

5. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Judging by the MedStar cover, her hair is apparently black.

Also, I think that I'm going to try and fix the top part of my cloak. How did you guys do the neck part where it wraps around an all?

6. Queen_Apailana

Jun 12, 2005
    I had two peices of fabric one that wrapped fully around the neck and one that I used to attch the cloak. I then lightly sewed the two peices together and used snaps to hold the pecies around my neck and to the cloak.

Here is how I see it on the actual costume:

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/queenapailana/Barriss%20Offee%20Costume/collar.jpg]

7. Admiral_Aralani

Admiral_Aralani Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2005
    My Barriss Offee costume:

[image=http://stargazer.warp1.net/501st/RebelLegion/Barriss/Barriss_Feb01-sm.jpg]

Large Version

There's still stuff to do, such as a new skirt, hood shape, ripping the shirt to shreds again, and getting a custom lightsaber. But the basics are done, and I really like how it turned out. :)

I'm sorry the picture doesn't show the collar very well, but I did it as a completely independent piece from the cape itself. Everything attaches with snaps. The collar has a "turtleneck" part, then a "bib" sewn below it with the folding.

A huge thanks to the person who created the face stencil! It works like a charm on transparency paper with a knife to cut out the pieces!

8. Queen_Apailana

Jun 12, 2005
    Very Pretty how did you make the belt I like it.

9. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Wow cool! At the time I was making my cloak for Barriss, Padawan's Guide didn't have that information!

Anyway, regarding the collars, I'm trying to see if there is anyway I can add it in without redoing the entire cloak! My cloak has a turtleneck collar that wraps around the neck, but from there down it looks kinda like Palpatine's cloak which splits from the center. So I'm not sure how I can alter it, without getting more cloth, because the cloth I used was all the store had and I'd gotten a special discount for it.

I'll try to find a pic and post it here...

10. Admiral_Aralani

Aug 17, 2005
    Thanks. :)

I did the buckle with sculpey, then painted it and added gold-colored dust. It has a leather backing on it to get it on the belt.

11. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Great job! That's indeed a very beautiful belt buckle, well done:).

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hello ladies.

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, so here it is! Comparing it to as many references as I could find, this is the most accurate buckle I've seen so far for Barriss. It's Chanel's buckle for her costume while she was in the "work in progress" stage. Sadly, I never got a picture of her wearing it. But I'm sure she would want to share this info with you all because, like you, I'm trying to get this costume finished and as accurate as possbile and finish it for her, because I know she would've wanted that.

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/ChanelsBarrissbuckle.jpg]

It was made by a friend of ours who does Luminara (again, the best I've seen) named Nikki. It is made of leather and measures 4" x 2 3/4". Nikki even made a large size Bratz doll into a Barriss doll for Chanel's daughter. She used the same material Chanel used for her cloak for the doll and made the above buckle in miniature as well! She's so awesome. Hope this helps everyone.

13. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Gah! That is absolutely gorgeous! Very nice picture JedHead1 thank you so much.
    Could you maybe also tell us how she did the leather carving? Which leather is best suitable for that and witch tools are used?

14. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Matt, I think that is very sweet of you to finsh her costume.

Also, great picture of the buckle :)

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks, BQ. [face_blush]

As for how the buckle was made, I have no idea. I think Nikki just put her hands together, and when she pulled them apart, out came this buckle! ;) Just to show how talented she is, check out what she did to her car:

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/banthaonline/f20060307/indexp2.html

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    While we're on the subject, Official Pix is selling personalized autographed photos of Barriss Offee herself, Nalini Krishan. Last day to order is Friday, March 10.

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/products.asp?cat=56

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/barrissdueladobed.jpg]

Barriss Vs Barriss

My daughter and dashleebo :D

18. Admiral_Aralani

Aug 17, 2005
    Very cute. ;-)

19. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    JediHead1, that is a very nice belt buckle! I feel like re-doing mine, but I've no idea how it was done in the first place; a friend of mine did it for me... :)

20. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I really like your costume, Aralani. Can I ask about your stencil for the face? i.e. Is it glued down, is the makeup sprayed on, etc?

21. Admiral_Aralani

Aug 17, 2005
    Thanks! :)

I printed out the stencil listed earlier in this thread and copied it on transparency paper. I used an Xacto knife to cut the diamonds out. When putting the makeup on, I tape the plastic stencil on my nose with medical waterproof tape, and put Ben Nye cream makeup on a theater sponge. If you dab the makeup on (don't drag the sponge across!), it doesn't smear or clump. Start at the bridge of your nose and do one side, then the other. It's important to not dab in the same place twice, since the stencil does move slightly. The waterproof tape comes right off when you're done and doesn't hurt.

22. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Neat! My friend Sara threw together a Barriss Offee costume to go with my ex's Luminara Costume, but we painted the diamonds freehand. Not nearly as nice as your's. lol

23. Queen_Apailana

Jun 12, 2005
    I had a friend do them at the time by just looking at a photo for doing it freehand she did a great job.

24. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    here is a link to my barris costume:

Click here!

it was my first stab at costuming, and sewing. i am making some alterations on it here and there and it is kind of a work in progess. all in all, i'm very happy with it.

sorry about the pics of others, but i didn't get any close ups of me. i'm confidant that you guys will be able to pick me out. hope you like.

25. Queen_Apailana

Jun 12, 2005

Very pretty I love the group of Jedi shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.