main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Barriss Offee's Costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by picciami, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Hmm..wonder why? Oh wait I think I know... Try this link then..
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/SPARTAN_058/SW%20FanForce/ROTS%20May%2018/DSCN1270.jpg

Anyte, Hmm..nice, very nice. Well, at least better then mine. LOL What did you use for the geenish tone?

2. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    You both look very nice in your costumes, great job on the improvisation :) .

3. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hey everyone. :)

I'm thinking of perhaps trying to do a Barriss costume for fun. I think I found a good material for the top. I looked at pictures and it seems to be a somewhat stretchy fabric that is also ribbed. But does anyone have a pattern that could be used for the top? I have a pretty good idea for the skirt, going from the pictures I saw on the page before this, but I'm a bit confused as to the top. Also, would this costume look alright with a brown cloak or does it most likely have to be a dark color like black?

4. anyte

anyte Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    I used Kryolan brand aquacolor makeup, the dry cakes, not cream or liquid. The color is mostly green #511, mixed with a little bit of a yellow ochre type color, #308. Next time I'll add more of the yellow and probably a touch of white to the base. I managed to get mine on clearance for $1.49/cake, so I bought 3 containers of the green, plus one each of the yellow, white and black. I wasn't sure how far each one would go. Turns out I bought way too much.... Websites advise that the 1/2 oz size (which is what I got) will cover 25 faces! I'd check out any local places that carry costumes or makeup year-round. It's available online, through various websites, but runs $6 and up.

5. Mara_Jade_Raven

Mara_Jade_Raven Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2003
    Has anyone tried using crushed velvet for the cloak? I spent the whole holiday weekend in search of the "perfect" fabric, and that was the closest I could find. The Navy Blue on this sight (under Crushed Velvet) seems like the best color match. Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.artisticdevil.com/shop/FabricShop/Velvets.htm

6. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    My cloak is made from crushed velvet. Works real good and looks nice.

7. Mara_Jade_Raven

Apr 10, 2003
    Do you have a picture?

8. lostnagoodbk

lostnagoodbk Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2005
    I just made my first two costumes. One of which was a Barriss Offee costume for my friend Trudy. Here's what I came up with.

I had an idea for the makeup which turned out perfectly! I used two different shades of concealer. The first was a yellow cream concealer (like a lipstick) which was too bright on it's own. The second was a powder type concealer which looked slightly bronzed. The two together made just the right skin tone.

I used eyeliner in black to outline the marks on the face then filled in with a dark blue (that gave them definition. Then we used the same dark blue eyeliner to line and fill in her lips, and added a dark red (almost purple) lipstick/gloss over that. It was perfect. I only wish the pictures did it justice.

I only have a couple of pics right now, but will share more later.

Barriss Offee 1

Barriss Offee 2

sg edit -- fixed links

9. amazonqueen16

amazonqueen16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2003
    My cloak is crushed velvet w/ cutouts. I have pics but I dunno how 2 post them! I used my underarmour shirt, and made my skirt from the backside of fabric i found in the discount corner at Joanns. My makeup was more blu/black to match my cloak. It looked wonderful!!! Email me if u have any questions!

10. amazonqueen16

amazonqueen16 Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2003
    K Here's Pics of my costume!!! Thanks to Valerie for helping me get these up finally!

CHECK IT OUT!!!!

11. Tenyon

Sep 12, 2003
    very beautiful fabric, you look great!:)

12. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I think I promised pictures of my costume 2 months ago. Oops! Here it is:

Barriss Offee

I need to fix my belt (I have a lovely scotch tape belt loop in that picture), shorten the shirt so it lays better, and make a stencil for the makeup so it goes faster (the makeup in that pic was all done by hand with a tiny little paintbrush!). More comfortable boots would be good too. Overall, I'm very happy with the way it came out. I couldn't have done it without all the help from my friends and family. :)

13. Tenyon

Sep 12, 2003
    You look great! :)
    But what I think you really need to have (and I mean this in all positive ways) , is the black cap Barriss wear under her hood, your face has the perfect shape for it and it will be such a shame if you didn't take that opportunity [face_mischief. It will add more mysterious-ness to you.
    In overall your costume looks really good; good make-up, very nice cloak fabric and the shirt material looks very beautiful to :). great job!

14. Mara_Jade_Raven

Apr 10, 2003
    starwarschick14 your costume does look great! And it looks like you used the same fabirc that I just bought, which makes me feel a WHOLE lot better about that purchase.

15. Padawan_Tai-lin

Padawan_Tai-lin Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    Hello everyone!! I'm new here and I want to say thanks so much for all the great ideas for Barrriss Offee's costume. I plan on dressing up like here for halloween this year. I'll try to put some pics on here when it gets close to being done.

16. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    total weirdness...
    I worked on my Barriss Offee for nearly a year from start to finish...
    brought it along to Celebration III...and never wore it.
    I decided that I am too old to be Barriss....
    so...
    after all that work.....
    I will probably sell it on E-bay....after never having worn it...

:rolleyes:

Amazon Queen and StarWarsChick...
    Awesome job you guys!

17. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    I've finally decided to work on this costume in earnest. I've found material for the top and after digging through some old ballet theatre costumes (my mom's the wardrobe mistress for a dance company) I found a good pattern to use for the skirt.

However, before I start, I need to know, what is the neckline like on the top? Is it a simple, higher cut one? Or what?

18. Mara_Jade_Raven

Apr 10, 2003
    Most people use a turtle neck or mock turtle neck, but only becase the hood of the cloak raps around the neck, and those necklines give you something to attach the cloak material to.

19. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    My daughter has asked for this costume, thanks for all the help here. And the costumes so far are brilliant! When I have made hers, I will show you all. ;)

20. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Hey, that's cool Adalia :) So, both young ladies will have new costumes for the parade, won't they? I saw a nice cotton quilting fabric at Lincraft that would work for this costume. The only trouble was that it was only 112cm wide, and not wide enough for an adult. However, for a child, it would be perfect :D

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Lincraft Marion? I was there on Saturday! Damn! I bought the olive green velvet for Ms Meanders costume then, was going to go and get Ms Durrons fabric tomorrow and will take a look at Lincraft! I wash thinking of using a cotton Lycra for it, it flows nicely and it's easy to move in. Thanks Starfire! [face_love]

22. Queen_Apailana

Queen_Apailana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    does anyone knoe what people have used for the skirt did you buy one or make it

23. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    It was the city store, and it was for the cloak, not the dress. I think they sold out of the one that I liked better, but there is one that they still have that has that nice mottled blue sort of look :)

24. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    I made mine...took a simple straight jersey skirt pattern and added 8 triangle panels to get the right shape. Further back in this thread there is a link to a flamenco clothing company that do very accurate style skirts.

25. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    For the skirt, I'm going to be taking a pattern from one of the costumes my dnace company uses. It's similar to a flamenco skirt, but different. I'll see if I can find pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.