main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Baseball game and June Meeting proposal!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Dark Crafty, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    The Sky Sox (a AAA baseball team down here in the springs) are having a "Star Wars night" themed game on June 29th (Saturday).. I know we occasionally do things down in the springs so I was thinking this might be a good night to spread the word of the club & enjoy a game... Im sure some of the 501st may be out considering is Star Wars Night but wanted to see if the Mercs and the RMFF were interested in coming out. I live like 5 minutes from the stadium so if we wanted I could host June's meeting and then we could go to the game..

If there was interest I was gonna give the Sky Sox a call and see if we could get a table / tickets to the game / get. The games are always fun and extremely kid friendly!

Let me know if this is something we could do!

Dark Crafty

2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I have to work on Sundays so I would be out, but it sounds like a fun idea :). What time is the game ?

3. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    My bad the game is Saturday, not Sunday @ 6:05... but the pregame is prob around 1-2ish (fireworks night)!

4. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I love the idea but I think we should do a Denver (and public) meeting for June. We had a lot of interest generated from DCC and I want to think of our noobs this time. We're doing a house meeting for July so now would be a good time to stick to the Village Inn. Just thinking out loud.

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  5. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    I can understand the meeting, any thoughts on the game?

6. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Sounds like fun! Since it's Star Wars night, were you thinking costumes?

7. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    SITH__CHICK do you know if the RL is trooping this?

8. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    If there were interest I was gonna call the stadium and inquire about tables, tickets, etc... You would think either the RL or 501st would be in on the action since its Star Wars night... but who knows...

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    RL and 501st trooped it last year.

10. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Shame on me, I should be looking at the boards more often. DH and a few others trooped that game and if I had read this you could have hooked up with them an meet some of the Springs peeps. Shucks.