main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Baseball trip - Please read

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Valhalla, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Hello everyone,

As we have discussed before, We are looking to take a group trip to Marion Il. to a Miners baseball game. We plan to do the "group picnic" option. This option is $20 per person and includes entry into the game, all-you-can-eat buffet for one hour prior to first pitch consisting of hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, potato salad, baked beans, condiments and soft drinks. We will also have exclusive seating in either picnic area. Looking at their home schedule and talking with their group co-coordinators, it seems that Sat. July 5th may be the best day to go. What I need is a sound off from everyone as to whether they plan to go or not as we will need a definate number when we set up the reservation. This is a family outing, so invite as many people as you would like. I would like to set the deadline for signing up on Mon June 16th.

For those of you who can't go .. We are alos looking at a date in Late July / Early August that will just be a standard group trip that will not include the picnic.

I know many of our group are baseball fans and some are not. Even if you are not a fan, consider going for the dinner and comradery, being at a game at the ball field is a MUCH different experience than watching on TV.

2. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Thats sounds great. Unfortunatly we will be in St. Louis on that weekend for the Cardinals Cubs series. That sounds like a great deal and alot of fun. I would like to do it if I didn't already have plans. If this date doesnt work out for everyone else I would like to try to do it later.

3. ISOPanda

ISOPanda Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2008
    Hey This is Jared, Amanda and I are going to be in Ohio that weekend so we will not be able to go.

4. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I have to be in town mid-day to give back the girls, so looks like we're out. Well, just me, since I know they would have NO interest in a baseball game and wouldn't be going anyway.

5. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    I would love to go, but it looks like a lot of people will be out of town that day. How many people do we need in order to get that rate? What are the other available dates? Is there a game on the 4th, because steakout is closed so it would be super easy for me to go? I want to do this, I just no it's difficult to get a big group to be available on the same day. Let's try to make this work.

6. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    OK, looks like a lot of people are not going to be able to make this one. The next available date in the 26th of July. How does that look for everyone?

Sound off... one .. Two.

We need at least 20 people.

7. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I like the 26th date, theres only one thing that would keep us from goin is if thats the weekend of the Lorne Peterson con and 501st induction in Louisville. I'll check and post back, otherwise it sounds awesome! pv

8. BubaFatt

Sep 24, 2006
    Exactly how many people are you bringing with you so we will know how many more we need? I hope to be able to bring more than myself, but I still have to talk to some people

9. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Hi! A Louisville Alliance member here. Sorry to interupt/go off subject but if you all were planning to come up to Wondercon for Lorne Peterson he has canceled. Just thought you might like to know.

http://www.wonderfest.com/news.htm

If anyone is still coming up give me a PM and maybe we can get together. You all were real nice to me and the wife at Metropolis Comic Con in March (we were Cpt Mal and Kaylee). Maybe we'll see some of you this weekend at Superman Celebration.

10. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Wow, thanks for the update, that helps alot. We'll be at the Supes Celebration from noonish to 5ish on Saturday, hope to see you there! pv
    btw, I was playing Fanboy at metropolis con in March, tall, portly, blue harvest shirt, lol

11. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Ok, Well Shannon and I will def be there on the 26th, Go Miners! pv

12. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Well, you're not going to believe this, but 'tis true. I get the girls from the 10th through the 26th in July, so....

"I have to be in town mid-day to give back the girls, so looks like we're out."

Curse the gods!

13. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    Sithmonger - The game is not until 7:05. Dinner would be at 6:05. Would this be after the girl are gone?

14. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    K, so we have a sound off from PV giving 2, me the wife and my nephew is 3 more giving 5. Bubba is 6 maybe 7. I assume Marajaded and Sinistar are going to be 8 and 9. Makes us almost half. We need at least 11 more. Sound off if you want to join in on the fun. This will be an evening game at 7:05 dinner at 6:05.

15. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    ok, technically it's not mid-day on the 26th. It's at 8pm that night. Just thought it'd be ironic that the game lands on those same days I take them back. But...maybe I can go if I drop them off a bit earlier. I'll sit back and see how the planning goes and make my decision later and let you guys know.

16. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    Ok,

We have myself, my wife, my nephew, Bubba, Pacer Vader, Mrs. PV, Mara Jaded, and Lil Trooper all confirmed. Thats a total of 8. We need 12 more to make this work. Please sign off as to whether you plan to come to the game so we can get the picnic area ordered.

This is going to be a great trip.

17. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    OK, we've been confirmed with Greg, TK8049, TKTrooper, Nardo, and the 2 younglings. That takes us to 14. Need 6 more to get the minimum. Anybody else??????

18. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    Jared and Amanda??? TKChris??? Dark Prime?? Anybody???

19. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I should be able to go. I just need to check my wife's schedule.

20. BubaFatt

Sep 24, 2006
    My roommate and business partner, Mikle, and his girlfriend Heather, who most of you know, are for sure in. Let me know when you need the money.

21. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    Thats 17!!!! Just 3 more. Anybody else???

22. TKchris

TKchris Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2008
    i can go if i can ride with someone. and i might be bringing a friend, but not for sure yet. Are we troopin?

23. Valhalla

Jan 26, 2006
    For our first time I would say no troopin. That and we will be in a picnic area. I would like to get another trip in Aug and just do regular seating (it's like 8 bucks), and we can see if they will allow it.

I'm sure someone can give you a lift, any volunteers?

24. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I can give TKChris a ride to the game.

25. BubaFatt

Sep 24, 2006
    Chuck and Destiny may be going, I should know for sure later this week, and I'm pretty sure Shannon Woods is going as well. I will do my best to confirm, but things are looking good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.