main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX BASEBALL!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by thx1067, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    What time are we supposed to be at Wolfe Stadium?

-Brent

2. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    This Friday, May 27th is Star Wars Night with the San Antonio Missions at Nelson Wolfe Stadium!!! The game starts at 7:05pm.

There are still tickets available, and I will be selling them through Thursday. Please email me or send me a PM if you are interested in attending. The tickets are only $7 and a portion of the sales goes to the Children's Shelter.

If you are planning on going either in costume or not, then you need to contact me ASAP so I can get your tickets to you!!!

This is your last chance for tickets, and if I have given you some to sell, try for one last push to get the tickets sold! I will need to get the tickets and money from you on Thursday.

Lisa
    jedigroupie@hotmail.com

3. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    For those of you who will be participating in the events at the game, please check out the following information.

We are supposed to meet at Wolfe Stadium at about 5:15pm on Friday. We are going to do a group picture, and Wesley is going to give us the run down of what we will be doing. The gates open at 6:00pm, and the game starts at 7:05.

I think we should have a meeting either Wednesday or Thursday night for those who plan to attend, or we should at least have an online chat or something so we are all on the same page.

We also have an opportunity to be on Great Day SA to promote the game on Thursday morning, but I doubt that it will fit into anyone's schedule since we need to be there at about 7:00 or 7:30am. Let me know if anyone can make it.

We are definitely still looking for volunteers for this event, so please contact me if you would like to attend! It should be lots of fun!!!!

Thanks,
    Lisa

4. jedirita

jedirita Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    I can't go to a meeting either Wed or Thurs, but do keep me posted. I'll plan to be there at 5:15. Or Lisa, could we perhaps carpool?

5. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I will try to be at the stadium at 5:15, but I may be late. I had a car accident on Monday and my car is kinda dinged up. I should be able to drop off my unsold tickets to you Lisa at your place today. I'll call you.

6. lordsinner

lordsinner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Where are we supposed to go for the meeting today, anyone know? Is it at Atomic Comics or somewhere else. Any info. would be helpful.

Thanks,
    LordSinner

7. StormLeader

StormLeader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    Are there any plans to reschedule the Star Wars Night at the Missions if the game is rained out? The current forecast isn't looking good.

Jim Marshall
    501st Stormtrooper TK-6411
    Star Garrison Public Relations Officer
    South Texas Squad
    San Antonio, Tx

8. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Haven't heard about the reschedule as of yet - we shall keep ya informed . . .

John

9. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    I think they are trying to pretend that the forcast is better than it is. I should probably know some time in the early afternoon what the plan is in the event of rain. I'll post it as soon as I get back from work at 3:00. Otherwise, I will see you there.

Lisa

10. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    It is supposed to rain this afternoon. I for one DO NOT wish to be wearing my robes in the rain.

11. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    wussssss.

No Obi-Wan on Kamino are you!

12. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Kim has a Dr.'s appointment at 4:30pm and they tend to run late last few times we were there. Depending on when we get out and how she feels afterwards (not to mention the weather) we may be there closer to 7pm. I've heard that parking is free if we let the parking attendant know we are part of Wesley's SW entertainment group for the night.

Jim Marshall

13. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    Harsh 1067, harsh. I haven't seen one drop today. Sunny skies and 90 somethin degrees out at UTSA 1604 campus right now. And a little rain isn't going to hurt. Although, I don't think it would be good for lightsabers. I'm not sure though. Let me check..................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaapppppppp!!!! Oops.

Lordsinner Out

14. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    I was just on KSAT.com and looked at doppler. It currently shows no rain in the area, although, Val Verde County has a severe weather warning. But it's currently 82 degrees in San Antonio by their thermometers. And doppler 12000 shows no current rain or cloud activity. We may be in luck. Keep your fingers crossed.

Lordsinner

15. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Hey, I've gone to war on just about every event with you guys. If I want to be a wussss about wearing wet robes then I have that right. How long is this thing going to be for anyway?

16. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    This isn't a war. I think we should all wear our outfits no matter what. And cross your fingers and hope it doesn't rain.

17. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Looks like rain will hit tomorrow . . .

18. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    HAD A GREAT TIME WITH EVERYONE!

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Love dancing to PRINCE in costume with my saber!

-brent

19. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Sorry to have missed all the fun. Kim and I got out late from her Dr.'s appointment and as it would go I was the one not feeling so good afterwards. Still have a nasty headache. I was hoping to make the game even if late but felt best to just go home after Kim's Dr. appointment. Glad to hear all went well even if the Missions lost the game.

Jim Marshall
    501st Stormtrooper TK-6411
    Star Garrison Public Relations Officer
    South Texas Squad
    San Antonio, Tx
    210-862-6652

20. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Jim, sorry you couldn't make it Bro, but I hope all is well with Kim, you missed out on Party Time Jedi !!!

Gimme a call when ya get a chance cause I wanted to see about getting copies of the pics from the Digital gig as well as the old Austin Convention pics . . .

Take Care

John

21. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Will do John.. Not a problem. Yeah, I'm sorry to have missed the game. It sounds like it was fun. I'll call you soon. Take care...looks like you have a full schedule this weekend.

Jim Marshall

22. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Pics will be on the site TONIGHT !!!!

Thanks to Neka for the AMAZING pics !!!

Laterz

John

23. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Will actually have em up tomorrow - WAY too much lightning . . .

Nite

John

24. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    The Pics will be up today, but I will give those of you a recap who were not in attendance of what all went down, we were asked to show up at 5:15 with our resident Fett to throw out the first pitch. Our group was there along with SWSSA was there as and we were ASKED by the Missions people to cover BOTH ends of the stadium. SAFF was on the 1st base side and SWSSA was on the 3rd base side. Later we had some on field activities with Ballapeno, then the Chicken dance on top of the dugout and then we were ASKED to come over for pictures (according to someone I had called a FRIEND, we "caught whiff of what the OTHER GROUP was doing and went over to investigate" << real classy . . .

Anyways, good times were had by all in our group but I guess this is the 2nd time I had thought I had someone I could call a friend in that group and find myself to be mistaken.

Oh well, live and learn . . .

Laterz All

John

25. Crosseyed_Tiepilot

Crosseyed_Tiepilot Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    i had a helluva time out there at the game. it was great having everyone there. hopefully we can get together again and have some fun.

jimmie
    TI6718

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.