main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Based On A True Story:" film your favorite JC moment

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by poor yorick, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    This was inspired by the JC Culture thread . . . go ahead and lock if it's redundant. :p

If I could film any event in the JC's history, I would film 3SA on the day ROTS came out. I would do it as a season of "24," and call it:

24: 5/19/05
    The Longest Day Of Mods' Lives

Cast:
    Errant_Venture played by Kiefer Sutherland
    malkieD2 played by Ewan McGregor (because he's the only Scottish actor I can think of other than Sean Connery, who's gettin' kinda old to play malkie. I think.)

OPENING: Clock starting at midnight GMT 5/19/05

SPLIT SCREEN PANEL 1: 3SA forum beginnning to scroll continuously with incredibly stupid thread titles like "Vadar useing force lightening," and "does annikin become a force gohst????????."

SPLIT SCREEN PANEL 2: ::Two mods, out of their home forums, crash through a window by swinging on a cable. There is a door there, but crashing through the window is 1337.::

E_V: Mah gawd that place is anightmare.*

MALKIE: omg, why doesn't someone think of the children

::They begin blowing up every stupid thread in sight. This continues until E_V is forced to turn off the "create new thread" feature--and sacrifice Malkie to a horde of terrorists. By the end of the day 3SA is saved, but E_V has destroyed his personal life, been shot 37 times, and failed to prevent an impostor admin from assassinating Darth_Sapient.::

END SEQUENCE: Clock counting down final seconds of 5/19/05.

::E_V logs off, victorious, yet a broken man::

::Clock continues counting down as we see an image of the "new users" screen beginning to scroll madly. 80% have terrifying usernames like "OMG_I_<3_ANIKIN_SOOOMUCH_LOLOL!!111!!!!"

Clock reaches midnight. Fade to black.::

THE END

* Historically accurate dialogue

Note: Some events may have been fictionalized for dramatic purposes.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    (Radio drama)

Ish: Hi! I think I'm funny, but strangely enough, it's all because of a Valley Girl named Stacey.

Readers: *dies*

Ish: Ooh, look at these random nifty guys who come in. Wonder what they do for a living.

*Twilight Zone theme.*

Ish: OMG! That one guy is actually from Pink 5! Must squee to death!

Director: Um, actually, I'm here, too.

Ish: Excuse me while I die!

3. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Pilot Episode

Master-Fetts first username: flame flame flame flame!
    Sapient: Stop flaming.
    Master-Fetts first username: who the **** are you to boss me around?? Go to-- *banned*

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

...what was the username?

5. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I think a film of the eventual peace between the canonites and the EU-ers would make for a great political film.

6. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Could we have it be like "Independence Day," with all of the JC united against an invasion of crazed Trekkies? :p

7. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    The Canon War was a civil war, hence no invasion force of Trekkies. They did come, but they came as we all did, as individuals, and each chose their side.

8. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Definitely SHREDDER's MySpace adventure.

9. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Aww . . . civil wars are rough. What about the star-crossed love angle--EU girl meets film canon boy, but their true love is blighted by the questions of whether the Emperor really has a clone, and whether Chewbacca is actually dead.

They could post "goodbye" threads in their despair, with things like "A PLAGUE ON BOTH UR HOUSES!!!1!" in them. Then they would get themselves banned for spamming, and the whole messageboard would feel so bad that they would make up and be friends.

It would be even better if you did it in "Les Miserables" style, with barricades in the streets and everything. A canon war with real cannons! That would be awesome.

10. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Awesome. i'd have a feature role.

OBK's breakout performance as, the huge jerk.

11. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Ah, remembering the day ROTS came out, and the posts were actually positive. Then, of course, the mods shut that down because too many people were posting, and only opened the board up at certain times. That killed any posting interest I had at all.

12. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Man, the flame wars we had in the Lit forum over the size of the Clone Army would make for a great movie.

13. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Flame Wars, Episode I: The Fandom Menace
    Flame Wars, Episode II: The Flak of the Clones . . .

:p

14. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    For some reason I think staring at a screen of the JC for 2 hours as various posts are typed would be a boring movie.

True, I often stare at the JC for several hours, but that is only looking at one screen, my computer monitor. On a movie, it is double screened, the movie screen, and then the computer screen on the movie screen, hence the boredom factor increased by four, due to math. In conclusion, any movie based on a JC moment would be very boring, and receive poor critical reviews and bomb at the box office, becoming known amongst movie goers as the worst failure since Waterworld.

15. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Sadly enough, that could very well work.[face_tired]

16. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Holy crap, it's Ish, posting in the JC.

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Liek totaly l33t ideya!!1One!!1

For what it's worth, I would love to see your first post made into a film, just for the sake of seeing Kiefer Sutherland and Ewan McGregor in a movie together :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

[image=http://www.cfpeople.org/military/070404/braveheart.jpg]

VS:

[image=http://www.celebritywonder.com/mp/2003_The_Matrix_Revolutions/2003_the_matrix_revolution_domestic_poster_003.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.