main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Basement24's Art -- January 2008 - MACE WINDU!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Basement24, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
  2. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Looks great! You really captured that signature smile of his :)

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, outstanding Kit Fisto!! =D= I love that grin--rakish, irreverent and totally real (I always got the biggest kick out of that similar grin we see in AOTC!)! This is a great portrait--it sort of looks like he's just turned toward us here, and flashes that great smile in response (maybe he thinks it's Aayla...[face_mischief] ;) )--very nice work on the headtails, too, which also help to convey that movement I mentioned. Great work!

FF

4. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words, it got me motivated to draw another one! I was fairly happy with Kit. I normally draw humans, so I'm trying to challenge myself with aliens and droids.

I suppose I'll add new images to the first post. Check it out!

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Well, how cool is this new one?! :cool: I love the way you've used a light gradient in both directions here, on the guards themselves, and again on the surface/wall behind them: it's a great and eerie counterpoint, with the glowing eyes really standing out on the left, while the guard on the right is in pretty much full light. Wonderful effect--very dynamic! And the rendering of that staff is great--electrical "charge" is a tough thing to show, but this looks very good. The sort of "battered" look to the guards' surfaces is another wonderful touch--it would be so, wouldn't it? Them charged with protecting the oft-targeted Grievous? ;) This is another great piece Basement24! =D=

FF

6. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks again for the comments! I really enjoy hearing from people about my work, wether they're good or bad comments. (Constructively bad that is, not just "That sucks!) :p I was actually thinking of adding Grievous in at some point, but decided he would deserve his own peice in the near future. Until then, check the first post for a new image!

7. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    D'oh! I can't see the newest one :(

8. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Hmm, that's odd. I reloaded it because someone else had the same problem. Try refreshing and see if it shows up then. I'm working on better webservice this weekend, so hopefully this won't be a problem in the future!

9. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I also cannot see the newest drawing. I do love your drawing of the guards. That is fabulous. Kit Fisto is great also.

Keep up the good work!

AG88

10. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Great job on the two new pieces! You captured the moment between Anakin and Padme quite well.

11. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Kit Fisto
    Love the grin. (Makes him seem so likeable) :D The colours you used on his skin is interesting - specifically the light Tan colour. The added detail on the pattern of his skin was nicely done too.

Magna Guards
    You seem to draw Robots and such rather well for someone who says they usually draw humans. :p What I like about this picture so much is how you have three standing aligned to one another, but in a different range of lighting. The one in the far back almost looks creepy (the red eyes remind me of the Terminator in a way.)

"Before we die..."
    Oh, it's perfect! You draw the CW style very well, and just like Darth_Snuggle said, you've captured the moment too - successfully preserving their expressions as well as keeping the mood. The only thing thing which throws me though is the shaded portion of Padme's face, right where the cheek is. On Anakin's cheek, you drew out the shading to go along the bottom of the chin somewhat, but you didn't do the same for Padme. It just sort of stands out oddly to me.

- Suz ^_~

12. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Wow! I loved the Kit Fisto pic!

13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    =D= Your pics are very cool. More? [face_batting]

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Just got in here to see your Anakin/Padme piece--and wow! That looks fabulous! I love the "rim-lighting" you have going on their faces--it just intensifies the emotion of the piece (just as it did in the AOTC scene). Lovely! Great work with that style, too--Padme's face looks so sad! :_| Excellent addition to your thread!

FF

15. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words one and all!

Your_Worshipfulness, you're right on Padmé's cheek / jaw shadow. That just doesn't look quite right now that you mention it. I'll have to tweak it when I have a moment. I don't know why I went the opposite direction on hers compared to Anakin's. Weird!

Chilla, yes there will be more, I just have to get working on them. :) I'll be sure to post stuff as I finish them.

16. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    A new image has been posted in my first message. Enjoy!

I hope to have March Art Challenge stuff this month, so that will most likely be my next project. I also hope to post some replies tomorrow if possible. There's been a lot of great stuff this week, but I've been so busy.

17. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Omigosh!! I just noticed the clone trooper giving r2 rabbit ears!! ha haaa--that guy kinda looks like he "jumped in" on the pic just to do the rabbit ears![face_laugh]

Aaaawwwww--that is a sweet pose of Anakin/Padme...

Yeah--I like your idea of the "fading" robot Magna guards

Kit Fisto!!! wow--that one is cool--yup, I agree with what most have already posted here--that grin just gets ya!:D

18. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Yo B24,

=D= =D= =D= =D=

The Victory snap is an absolute classic. I thought you couldn't beat your Clone with the doll but you have done it again.

Superb stuff, give us more please!

D;)

19. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Great stuff, I like Before We Die best

20. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] =D= I LOVE the "When They Were Brothers" pic! It's a great and fun casual moment of camaraderie. Bravo!

21. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Hey Man, just gotta I think you definitly nailed the style of the clone wars cartoon. Very tight drawings...I would say my favorite would be your new one...When they were brothers...very "frat-like" yet very creepy..and I love your take on what the clone stlye would be.

I'm sure if you wanted to make it like a holo,that it wouldn't take anything away from it. Just need the right light ghost effect and your set.

Excellant job!

22. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I love this newest one :)
    What stands out is the clone giving R2 the bunny ears :D
    Just fantastic :)

23. Thyke

Thyke Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2005
    I loved your works !!! Bravooo....=D=

24. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thank you to everyone for the kind words! I'm really glad everyone enjoyed the last one especially. I still might try it as a holo, but as Excalibur14 said, I just need the right light effect to get it right. Not the easiest thing to do though, but I'm working on it! :)

There's a couple more from the March Art Challenge posted in my first post now, as well as in the March thread.

25. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    Basement- If you want I can help you with the photoshop aspect of it, if you did indeed want to make it like a holo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.