main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Basement24's Art -- January 2008 - MACE WINDU!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Basement24, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I love the Pop Padme!
    It's so different than much of what we see here. It's a lovely different take and very original from what you normally see.
    It looks so simplistic and I hope the audience can appreciate just how hard it is to capture the likeness the more minimalist one gets.
    That's one reason I love the CW art. So few lines, yet you can immediately tell who's who and the animation is exquisitely fluid as opposed to more detailed characatures.

2. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Ooh, I definitely like the pre-blurred version of Padmé. It's so mod :)

3. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice! I always appreciate it (and I think I always say that too, but I'm going to keep saying it! lol)

Here's my May 2006 art challenge piece - a droid from the Saga - The Buzz Droid! One of my favourites from the whole saga, I love their malicious glee as they tear apart the starfighters in EpIII. Wish they could have got more screen time though!

I will hopefully have more time to finish some pieces in the next little while. The last part of April and early May was a little nuts for me. It should be all good now!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2006/buzz-droid.jpg]

4. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Basement, I rely like your art and your style, of drawing keep it up.

Todan =D=

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice droid. I never really understood the concept of those droids. Wouldn't it be easier to have them hauling explosives and just blow up the fighters? I guess they would be useful if you wanted to capture the pilot or the fighter itself intact.

Usually when I ask these questions my husband has to remind me, "Star Wars is not a documentary!" :p

Great job on that drawing!!

AG88

6. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Heh heh, I loved those things too! Great picture.

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh kewl!!! :cool:

Awesome rendering of the Buzz Droid, Basement24! This looks positively evil, bristling as it is with all the nasty, damaging hardware--and they were quite entertaining in the movie weren't they? This looks wonderful--and it almost looks like you've "ghosted" the surrounding battle there behind it (or is my mind playing tricks on me again...? [face_thinking] ), too! A great choice for the droid! =D=

FF

And AG88 wrote: my husband has to remind me, "Star Wars is not a documentary!" ROTFL!! It's that maddeningly logical mind you were gifted with, my friend--imagining all the possibilities! ;) :D

8. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Ahh you managed to see the little mecanical arms and tools they have! So "cute" in a way.... It reminds me of some old toys I had when I was very little: some sort of "transformer" eggs, that when you opened them (just like the buzz droid), you found a mecanical dinosaur in it :p

I know, childish, but that's what your drawing reminded me of! :)

9. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks again everyone!

Maybe that's why I like the Droids so much, Daenna. I had so many trinket toys that were similarly unassuming like that. I still found these guys cute even in their menacing form though! :p

No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you, FalconFan, I did do a rough ghosting of Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter in the BG just for a very rough sense of placement. It was originally going to be a colour wash, but I thought the vague Starfighter colours would work better.

I've got a piece on the go right now, but I'm not too happy with the pose, so there might be a delay, but hopefully I'll have more art up soon!

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Before RotS came out, I downloaded a game for my cell phone: The Battle of Coruscant. Very simple desing, nothing flashy, but very addicting time killer.
    I've loved the buzz droids ever since :p
    Have to say I wasn't expecting to see one uhh pop up (no pun intended) in fan art.

11. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    One of my favourite SW EU characters, whio was barely used, and quickly forgotten once Asajj Ventress came around. Practically the same character too, but Vosa had a creepy cult to lead! From Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter -- Komari Vosa!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2006/komari-vosa.jpg]

12. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Cool dark lady...
    I love the colours and the pose is well drawn (sp?)! The details on her belt are wonderful too!
    Good work, Basement!!
    =D=

Marmida

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Excellent!! This isn't the one you were "lamenting" the pose for...was it...? It couldn't be, as this is an awesome pose! =D=

I adore the detailing you put into the costuming--most excellent!! The swirling patterns on the gloves/gauntlets and boots are wonderful, as is the tattering of the skirting panels. The curved-hilt sabers are a very distinctive "Dooku-reminiscent" touch, too--very Sithly!--and her expression is positively fierce (would not want to be the one she's leaping toward here!! lol!). This is a great piece, Basement24! I don't know the character, but I'm certainly glad for the introduction here!

FF

14. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Quality B,

I'm glad someone is picking up on the cool characters to be found in the video games. Only thing is getting good ref material.

You sure have nailed it with that one though!=D=

D[face_beatup]

15. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    She looks cool! Why can't I remember her? I probably missed that episode... Oh well.

It's an awesome move you captured there! I love the colors, the shapes, the expression in her eyes... It's just perfect and even when I don't know the character, I can tell she can be really powerful like Asaj. Thanks for introducing her!!!

16. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks everyone, for the comments!

Marmida - I'm glad the belt details worked well. I had a few other versions that I didn't like too much, but I thought this one worked best.

FalconFan - Haha, yeah, this is the one I was lamenting. I tweaked a few things, and I thought it worked out, but it looks like it was better than I hoped. I really decided to go more into the detailing and I think it worked out well.

Daankin - Ref material is hard to find, especially on Komari. I ended up playing the cutscenes with her in them a few times, and the last level of the game, then took frantic pictures with my digital camera. Because of all the dark mood lighting in the game, I took a few creative licence moments to flesh her out, but I think I captured her overall.

Daenna - She's a really great character, but as I'd mentioned, unfortunately overshadowed. She's from the Nintendo GameCube Game (and I think on PS2 maybe) Jango Fett - Bounty Hunter. She's the ultimate goal in a mission given by Dooku to see who gets the honour of being the clone host. It's one of the best SW games I've played for it's connections to the cannon story of the movies.

I'm happy enough with my final product, I might have to draw her again sometime. Maybe throw in some of her mindless Bando Gora cult members as well!

17. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    The pose is awesome! She definately gives off an evil aura. Never heard of the character, but then again, I've never heard of ALOT of characters, so that doesn't really mean much. :p I do think she looks interesting upon first glance though. ;) I really like the red highlight you added to just the edge and how the lighting on her face does more to add to the fact that she's evil too. Once again, I'm drawn to the eyes, not for just the Sith tint, but also the eyeshadow. That's something that I don't see people bother to add very much and makes her actually more beautiful. The colours in general look great as is the outfit. The metallic pieces are drawn well and the design on her top is a nice addition. Love the tattered sash (I've loved the tattered look ever since I first saw Spawn and his torn up cape.)

Great work! Nice to be introduced to a more obscure character. :)

- Suz ^_~

18. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Wow, she looks wicked! Never heard of her before, since I don't read the comics or pre-OT fiction (yet). That flying through the air pose is awesome. Are those supposed to be veins on her chin or what?

19. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks for the compliments!

Your_Worshipfulness - I'm glad I managed to keep beauty in there amongst the evil. I didn't want it to be lost because, in the game, she is quite beautiful. Even twisted by the dark side, I didn't want to lose that. I'm glad I can introduce a more obscure character as well, since she really is a good one!

Giolon05 - The lines around her chin and jawline are supposed to be scars. During her last mission with the Jedi order, she was captured by the Bando Gora cult, and was tortured and brainwashed. Part of her torture was wearing a neck-brace of thorns. She evidently has scaring up her back as well because of similar torture. Not the prettiest of stories, but definitely original to Star Wars, I'd say.

20. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Two quick ones for the Fan Art challenge of the month. The first is Slave Leia as if she were a minimate action figure. The second is a fast Illustrator image of Leia from the carbon freezing chamber. Done more as a mood feel than a detailed piece (as you will easily notice!)

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/minimates/starwarsep6/princess-leia-sail-barge.jpg]
    Minimate Slave Leia

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2006/leia-freezing-chamber.jpg]
    In the Cabron Freezing Chamber

21. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Hey basement i rely like your work especially Komari Vosa, she is cool in bounty hunter, they sued no have killed her off like they did. Cool work keep it up mate

Todan

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Basement24--I've been meaning to get into the Challenge thread to comment on these, but haven't found the time lately! Figured I'd best get myself in here to tell you how fabulous the carbon freeze Leia is (and I like the little "toy" Leia as well! ;) )!! The way you've vectored just the highlights on the face, just like in that movie scene, is just gorgeous--we can see it's Leia, bathed in that h3/!ish red glow...stunning!! An amazing piece--very powerful! Awesome work!

FF

23. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks for the comments! I've been very busy recently with non-SW requests, but here's a few more Minimate figures. The first 3 are Luke in various ROTJ outfits, and the last is a friend of mine's Galaxies character.

Enjoy!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/minimates/starwarsep6/luke-skywalker-jabbas-palace.jpg]
    Luke Skywalker - Jabba's Palace

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/minimates/starwarsep6/luke-skywalker-sail-barge.jpg]
    Luke Skywalker - Sail Barge

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/minimates/starwarsep6/luke-skywalker-death-star.jpg]
    Luke Skywalker - Death Star II

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/minimates/commissions/lisper-kast-tatooine-adventurer.jpg]
    Lisper Kast - Tarquinas Adventurer

24. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Ha ha they're like Lego people, I love it!

Excellent likeness in the Leia carbon freeze chamber pic.

And man, I'm so sad at what they've done to SWG in the past 9 months. Simply a tragedy... I miss my life there, and it's gone forever.

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Too cute, Basement! Do you use a general template to design these, or do you start from scratch each time...? It's interesting how much detail you get on them--I like the Jabba's Palace Luke and the little female Jedi!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.