main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Basement24's Art -- January 2008 - MACE WINDU!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Basement24, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    It gives a very artistic view to that scene in the film, man. It's original, and very cool.

Congratulations.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Great work once more, I always enjoy the feel that you add to pieces. Though please don't make describe it as I am really not that great with words.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's really great! You always find some real creative way to solve problems and I really admire that in your work. The Probe droid piece is no exception. The close up of the eye was definitely a route I would have never taken and you pulled it off perfectly. You even got the weird perspective right with the reflection of Han. Excellent work! =D=

4. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks again everyone! I always appreciate comments, it's great to hear from people on my work.

Here's one of my two entries to the 30th Anniversary collage - Garindan!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/garindan.jpg]

Also, I'm thinking of selling some original art soon on my website. Don't know if it's proper to tell people about that here, (if it isn't, please remove this sentence!) but stay tuned to my site for info. Everything will be listed there, not here to keep things off these boards, but I thought I'd make it known.

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ha!! =D==D=

I never knew this being's name until this moment (HanSolo29 is covering all the bases with the collage--clever Mod! ;))!! Great drawing/painting of him/her/it: the texturing in the cloak and on the snout are just wonderful--fabulous job! =D=

FF

6. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    B24,
    aaaaaaaaaawsome, you did a fantastic job. the collage is going to be great!!

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    As always, B24, that is absolutely stunning! Your attention to detail never fails to amaze me and you appeared to capture every nook and cranny of our 'ole friend, Garindan. So much so that I can almost hear his distinctive, yet annoying, squeaky voice. This will make an excellent addition to the collage. Well done! =D=

8. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks guys! I really enjoyed drawing Garindan since I never had before. I really liked the challenge of getting a look I liked. That particular one was my 3rd try I believe.

Here's Han Solo for the 30th Anniversary mural as well!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/han-solo.jpg]

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    WooHoo!! =D=[face_dancing]

Han Solo! w00t!! Great job, B24--I love that you captured that unmistakable Han Solo "smirk!" To me, it's the trademark expression for this character--without it, it just isn't Han! :D Love the boots--the shine is awesome!--and all the little details (the gunbelt, blaster, the little hint of chest hair below his collarbones... **fangirly sigh** :p :D A terrific image, and yet another wonderful addition to the collage--man, I agree with BIEREN: it's going to be sooooo sweet! =D=

FF

10. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks FalconFan! I'm glad you like! The smirk almost didn't come through, I had to spruce it up in the end because it was kind of lost between pencil and the final product. I'm glad it came through in the end!

Here's my entry for the Sarlacc for this month's challenge. I really didn't think I'd get it in on time! While it's not THE Sarlacc we know and love, this one was hungry enough to come out of it's hole for some good eatin'. Hope everyone enjoys!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/hungry-hungry-sarlacc.jpg]
    "HUNGRY HUNGRY SARLACC"
    May 25th, 2007

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY STAR WARS!!!

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    AAAAGH!!

;) :p

This is an awesome perspective, Basement--as seems to be your signature! ;) I love the suns setting in the background--we kind of have the impression that we've stumbled into this terrible situation...and what a dreadful end it will be!! =D= Superb--and won't this be fabulous in the collage! =D= Great work!

12. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent work Basement24! Your new Han is fantastic! The colors are great and he is sufficiently dangerous looking.

The other piece I really wanted to comment on is 'Leia in the carbonite chamber'. Very atmospheric and the use of color and blurring really accentuates the the danger and Leia's personal sadness and grief.

Great work.

13. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks guys! Much appreciated! I hope to be able to have the time to respond to other people's artwork soon. Just finished working at two jobs, down to one (freelance artist), so I hope to have a bit more time on my hands!

Here's one for the 30th anniversary mural as well:

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/old-ben-kenobi.jpg]

Did this with a little inspiration from my favourite protrait of Obi-Wan by Dave Dorman!

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah!! =D= Sir Alec's Obi Wan!! =D= As much as I loved Ewan's portrayal, I still think Sir Alec truly made the character! This looks wonderful, Basement--the robes, the face, and definitely that pose--all Master Kenobi! Great light on this, too--it sort of looks like that low light from the setting of Tatooine's twin suns, shining on him here... Gorgeous work, my friend! =D=

FF

15. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks so much! I haven't really drawn Sir Alec's Obi-Wan, so I was very happy how this turned out. Hope to have more soon!

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    seen your work for the first time and they are beautiful. Old Ben is so lifelike

17. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Lots of great stuff for the 30th poster, mate! The title for the sarlaac image made me laugh, he he.

18. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan - Thanks so much! I had just checked out your work for the first time in fact. Nice stuff, I like the Obi-Wan Episode II portrait (with his hood up).

Giolon05 - Haha, yeah, I wasn't sure what to call it, and that just came to me all of a sudden. Glad you enjoyed!

19. bsnuffer

bsnuffer Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2007
    Love your work! Especially the work on the Clone Wars subject. Me and my kids love those cartoons. BTW has everyone seen the latest trailer for the new Lucasfilm stuff? B

20. bsnuffer

bsnuffer Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2007
    The Han Solo is very cool! Have you thought of going into the animation business? I would love to see this character turn and fire the blaster! B

21. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks for the reply! I was actually trained in classical animation, so it's always something I've been interested in. Also something I base my style on as well.

Here's mine for the EU category for June's Fan Art Challenge. It's based off one of the very brief shots of Padmé from the new Clone Wars trailer. I love that CGI style already, and I really didn't think I would.

Finally got around to finishing a piece the old fashioned way like I did with my Aayla and Vosa pics. This is entirely drawn in Illustrator, line by line, then coloured in Photoshop.

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/padme-the-clone-wars.jpg]

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I just love this painting, Basement!! =D= =D= This is a perfect capture of the CW style, and a wonderful portrait of Padme: this would, to me, be one of those "good-bye" moments between her and Anakin--when he's been home on a short furlough and then has to head back to the front lines--the look on her face here is just so sad... I love the colors, and the costuming and hairstyle you gave her--very much the Padme we know. Beautiful work! =D=

FF

23. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Wow! Lovely work with Clone Wars Padmé. =D= She fits very well into the animated universe and I think her costume/headdress is amazing. Wonderful!@};-

24. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thank you for the compliments! I was really happy with the way this turned out. I was picturing it as a goodbye moment, or even a 'bad news from the front' image, where she might not have known if Anakin was safe or not.

Here's my newest for the challenge for the month. It's called either "The Humiliation OF Defeat" or "The Humiliation BEFORE Defeat". I'm leaning towards "before" but input would be helpful. Originally just going to be a Jango portrait, I thought I'd change it to be moments before the Reek stomps him.

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/humiliation-of-defeat.jpg]

25. LittleZion

LittleZion Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2006
    Very good work ! I like the idea lol [face_skull]
    Colours, position, background are very good !

And I like your Padmé artwork too.
    THis is a very professional work.
    I'm fan of your colors ^____^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.