main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Basement24's Art -- January 2008 - MACE WINDU!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Basement24, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Yay, Jango Fett![face_dancing]
    The mirrored image in the visor is a great idea.
    And I love the exectution of the picture, blunt lines and colours, that fuzzy stuff in the background.:D
    unfortunatly, I'm not a good critic.:oops:

2. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Jango Fett, love it. Absolutely love it!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, that is so awesome, B24! I love your way of thinking and the way you come up with the most obscure perspectives and instances to capture. That's what makes your work so interesting to look at and your Jango is a great example of that. The rendering of the helmet and the reflection of the Reek is just perfect. Even in the background, you can pick out the Jedi and battledroids going at it. This is a real fun piece. Nicely done! =D=

4. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Whoa, what a brilliant pov!

5. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    LittleZion - Thank you kindly! I really enjoy putting colours down almost more than the actual artwork sometimes. Some of my sketches are very rough, and they really come together with some colour.

MsLanna - Thank you! Hehe, no worries, I enjoyed what you had to say. I appreciate any and all comments.

Bieren - Haha, hooray! I just saw your Jango signed by Morrison in your thread. That's quite impressive!

HanSolo29 - Thank you very much! I have been trying more and more to get away from my portraits, and I'm glad these new images I'm coming up with are so well received! (Although, my new one coming shortly is a portrait again, but you can't have win them all! :p)

Giolon05 - Thanks! The POV was an after though that I came up with after deciding the Reek should be reflected in the visor. I'm thankful it came out so well, I'm really happy with this one.

The mirrored image actually came to me at 1am. I woke up, thought of that, scrawled "Reek reflected in Jang T-visor" on a sheet of paper and did a thumbanil, then fell asleep again. And yes, it was just "Jang" not "Jango" in my sleep-scrawlings it seems... :p

I should have another one tomorrow. As I mentioned above, a portrait, but nonetheless, I'm quite pleased with it as well.

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    w00t! =D=

Great Jango piece! I love your dramatic perspectives and angles, Basement--it's one of the things that really seems to define your wonderful work! Awesome render of the critter in the faceplate, too--that penultimate moment just before the "stomp," as you put it! lol! Awesome! =D=

FF

7. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks FalconFan! I think this is currently my favourite for more dynamic posing in my works. I'm really glad you enjoyed!

Here's a new one for the challenge, but it's only a portrait since I'm not too familiar with drawing Gungans. I tried a bit of a new colouring method too, which I probably shouldn't have tried on someone with such varying skin tones such as Jar Jar, but in the end, I'm quite happy with it.

I decided, since I haven't seen too many 'normal' Jar Jar or Gungan fan art, to make a portrait that wasn't of him in a bloody pool, or getting hacked by a lightsaber, or what-have-you. Since I met the lead animator for Jar Jar back in college, I have had a certain amount respect for the character after gaining some insight into what makes Jar Jar tick. I still see why people don't like him, but I thought he deserved a nice portrait! Enjoy!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/jar-jar-binks.jpg]

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Agh! My eyes! *covers them up and runs away*

Nah, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't want to neglect poor Jar Jar like that....or would I? [face_thinking]

In all seriousness, another great job! I do like the new coloring method you used and the blending works quite well all throughout. And I must applaud you for not using one of Jar Jar's goofy likenesses and choosing one that makes him appear somewhat normal. Nice job all around! :)

9. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Haha, thanks! Yeah, this one didn't get much attention. I think it is the subject matter I chose. :p

Here's a new one for the August challenge, in the style of the Clone Wars cartoon. It started out as a realistic style, but I didn't like his face, so I went animated and I really enjoy the outcome. I decided to continue with my "No love for Episode I" trend, and also choise young Anakin because most Anakin images are about him turning to the dark side, or slaughtering people, or leading clones. Not that those pictures are bad, I've drawn many myself, but sometimes I think we all forget he was just a little boy on Tatooine once, even if some people wish we'd never known that... :p (Not me, I like all Star Wars, but my friends think that way!)

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/anakin-skywalker-podracer.jpg]
    ANAKIN SKYWALKER, PODRACER

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely picture of Anakin and so in style of the Cartoon Clone Wars.

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :oops:

I can't believe I haven't commented here about Jar-Jar! You know I like this portrait--it gives the character a sort of quiet dignity we never seem to see in him/for him; it's like an official portrait of honor! ;) And the animated-style Ani is wonderful! Great capture of that brilliant grin we saw when he won that race--I can almost imagine that it's just for Padme, here! ;) Great job!

FF

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, isn't he cute? :p

I really like the style you've adopted for this piece. The Clone Wars cartoons always had that unique style and you've captured it perfectly with little Ani. The three-quarter view was also a nice choice in terms of presentation. Excellent job! :D

13. LittleZion

LittleZion Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2006
    Like I said lol I love your colors O___O Jar Jar is so beautiful :eek:

I think I could see that on an official Artbook of SW [face_love] It's very professional !

14. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan - Thank you! I'm glad the CW style came off well, I'm very happy with it.

FalconFan - Thanks as always! Jar Jar officially made it into my portfolio, one of the few SW works I have included in my hard-copy, and I actually have had a lot of similar compliments on him because he's "normal". It seems to be a growing favourite. As for Anakin, I did imagine he was smiling at Padmé, so it's odd that you thought so! :)

HanSolo29 - Haha, thanks! Yeah, I kept moving the eyes closer to the nose to get him at that 'just right' level of cuteness. I always like knowing that the Dark Lord of the Sith used to be so innocent. I think I'm the only one though... :p

LittleZion - Thank you so much! That's very kind of you to say. Here's hoping that one day, some of my work would be official! :D

Here's my latest for the newest art challenge -- under the category of depicting something that was mentioned in a movie, but happened off screen. This is Obi-Wan after he fell into that nest of Gundarks we learned about at the beginning of Attack of the Clones. Again, in the Clone Wars style, since it was so fun to put Young Ani in that style. Enjoy!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/obi-wan-and-the-nest-of-gundarks.jpg]

15. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    "watch out Obi-wan!"

Nice work! I love Anakin and his button nose. he is so cute.

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    AAACK!! ROFL!! I absolutely LOVE the look on Obi Wan's face here: "Aw, darn..." ala "Galaxy Quest!" LOL! [face_laugh][face_laugh] Great work on the mood, and I love the CW style for this one, too! And now I know what a gundark really looks like...I don't think I'd be wanting to pull the ears off one, or be near one in any way, shape or form! [face_laugh][face_laugh] Great job with this little "off-camera" scene! =D=

FF

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo! Very nice, B24!

I have to agree with FF, the look on Obi's face is priceless! And excellent job envisioning the gundarks. I believe they are shown briefly in the original Galactic Battlegrounds game, but this is the first time seeing them up close. Definitely puts a new spin on the quote, " You look strong enough to pull ears off a gundark." Nice job once again! :)

18. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks everyone! I had a rough idea of the Gundark from Battlegrounds, and I read somewhere about a beard, so this is what I came up with.

Here's my next one for the "Star Wars characters at Halloween" October challenge -- Artoo getting ready for Halloween. I titled it "Delusions of Gradeur", since I also thought maybe it's what R2 was thinking when Luke stowed his saber in him, ready for the assault at Jabba's. Don't know why I didn't do this in the Clone Wars style as well. I might go back and change it, I don't know. Not sure if I like the soft-shading style I did here or not. Anyway, here it is!

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/delusions-of-grandeur.jpg]

19. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    ROFL XD I love it, man. I can totally see R2 actually doing this too. I like the soft shading style just fine.

20. LittleZion

LittleZion Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2006
    [face_laugh] Halala I'm completely looool in front of my computer's sceen XD
    I think my boss can hear me in his office [face_laugh]

R2 is so kawaiiiiii ^__^
    And Obi wan XD Like Falcon, I love his expression "huh ?!" ;)
    =D==D=

21. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    [face_laugh] R2 makes a great Jedi. Wonderful idea, I love how he is holding his lightsaber.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    [face_laugh] Oh, man! That's great, B24! Nice job!

I say Artoo should have a lightsaber anyway. After all, he is the hero of the Saga. He deserves it! [face_mischief]

23. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    Thanks for all the comments as always! I have just a quick one this month for the Fan Art Challenge since I've got 3 jobs on the go right now. I would have liked to spend more time with a Luke picture, since he's a favourite, but oh well.

Also disappointing is I've found I have to watermark my images. More and more people are using them in their own images, or taking claim of being theirs. (Not here, but around the web.) Such as it is.

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2007/let-the-hatred-flow-through-you.jpg]
    "Let The Hatred Flow Through You"

24. Basement24

Jan 1, 2005
    I've got very little time these days, but here's a quick one for the monthly challenge.

If only Mace hadn't paused for dramatic purposes... Tsk tsk...

[image=http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2008/mace-windu-electric-boogaloo.jpg]
    MACE WINDU, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, man. You never cease to amaze me with your originality, B24! When I listed Windu for the subject of the challenge, I never expected something like this! You take things the extra mile and come up with something unique each time - I really admire that! I love this particular rendition of Mace even though it is a less than appealing image. Nice job! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.