main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson BASFA TusCon?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mazzic, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Are any of you attending this convention in Tucson? I know that Tim Zahn will be the Author Guest of Honor, and that Mike Stackpole will be attending as well.

Here's the link to BASFA's site:

http://home.earthlink.net/~basfa/

-Mazz

2. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    I've never heard of this Con before!!! :eek: Thanks for the info! :D

We'll definitely look into this.

Tuskon Raiders side note: This would be great for a first event and publicity for us. :D

SFB

3. Lucky_Charms

Lucky_Charms Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    That would be a sweet first event. To bad everyone in the TFF isn't into costuming...yet [face_devil]

If the funds are there we will be there. :)

4. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I'd love to...but what is it?

5. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Check out their website.

TusCon 29

It's a convention where they have... stuff. I'm not sure I know exactly how to explain it. Let's put it this way, it's like Celebration but smaller and not completely about Star Wars. :)

6. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    So, how many of you are planning on attending?

-Mazz

7. Lucky_Charms

Jul 22, 2002
    TD0690 and I probably will, depending on a few things. :)

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'll post this on the San Diego boards as well. I know that Tuscon is only a 6 hour drive from me as I drive there quite often on the way to my house in New Mexico.

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I have written the con promoters for info on free tables for display for Fan Force (One table for Phoenix and Tucson), Rebel Legion, and 501st. I also asked for options in reducing their pay rates through volunteer work immediately instead of next year like PFF has done at other Cons. I'll let you guys know what they get back to me with.

10. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    I have written the con promoters for info on free tables for display for Fan Force (One table for Phoenix and Tucson), Rebel Legion, and 501st.

**sigh** Tucson's one time to have an event and you beat to it. :( Damn it, I had to wait until I had some free time too (today was when I could do that). :_|

11. AoErat

AoErat Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 2001
    Sounds like something I would be interested in. A first convention for me - hopefully in costume too. :)

12. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Don't worry about getting your gear together AoErat. You have plenty of time.

Maybe if we had enough interest and a place to have one at, we could have a mod party for anyone interested on working on costumes. :D

13. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Well come on Sandy, you posted back on the 4th when this thread was created and had since then to contact them...I gave you your chance ;)

The joys of the Rebellion, being able to do what you want, when you want and not having to wait for the ok to come through channels first.

14. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    you posted back on the 4th when this thread was created and had since then to contact them

Not really, I've been working since it was posted. That's ok, I can still contact them too since Tucson is my domain. :p

15. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I'll forward you the email I sent to them if you really want, lemme know where to send it, but I covered pretty much all the bases in regards to Phoenix and Tucson Fan Force, Arizona RL, and Arizona 501st. I wrote them and said I was writing on behalf of PFF/TFF, RL, and 501st and that the Arizona chapters of all 3 international groups were interested in attending...blah blah blah...here's how other cons have taken advantage of us to enhance their star wars displays, how they've asked us to help planning for their future events after seeing us in action, and we'd like to work with you on the same thing. I also asked about ways to reduce their overly high admission rates and maybe work out a real volunteer option instead of waiting a year for any benefits.

16. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Yes please forward it to me. td0690@crimsonempire.com

I need to be a contact point for Tucson since the TFF is my fanforce. So I'm willing to work with you on this if you want to be the PFF/RL contact and I'll be the TFF/501st contact. I just got kind of upset because this was the TFF's first actual event that we can host and I was going to set things up but haven't had the time and I was just left out completely.

17. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Let's cool out jets, here TD0690. The TFF is not just "your" Fan Force. There are a few other members here, from what I can tell. :p Cool your jets and lose the attitude --no blasters!!! [face_plain] That's no way for a future CR to act. Void has acted very professionally, and you've kinda jumped all over him for being proactive.

This is not just your little feifdom to get away from the PFF and build your own empire. [face_plain] Please keep that in mind. Teamwork is our friend. Chill and let things progress civilly, please. :D

We proved this weekend at Copper Con that it is possible for the 501st, Rebel Legion and Fan Force can all work together civilly and have a great time. Many great bridges were built. Don't start buring them with Phoenix before you are even an official FF or CR.

[face_plain]

18. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Oki TD0690, I forwarded the email to you just as an FYI. I'll post here to keep Tucson updated on absolutely everything they send me or I find out, then in the companion threads in San D and Phoenix. I'll also be keeping Rebel Legion informed myself unless Mara Jade AZ designates somebody else she'd like to have handle that. However the title held by AZTrooper0013 is that of "501st DSG Representative to FF, Phoenix AZ USA", so I will be sending information to him for 501st participation unless he tells me otherwise. If there is something that you want to do that I am not doing, then just post it so we don't have any overlap and annoy them.

19. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Obey Wann When I said my fanforce, I just meant compared to the PFF that the TFF is my fanforce. ;) I didn't jump all over Void. I just want to be a part of this because this was possibly going to be the TFF's first real event to host and I got upset that I wasn't included. No hostilities intended.

Void, I just want to be in charge of the TFF's participation in this and be in the loop. If you want to get the info then that's fine but since I'm a part of the TFF (is that better Obey ;)) then I want to be included on the TFF's behalf. As for the 501st part, the only reason I said anything about that is because for one, I don't think AZTrooper0013 will care (for reasons I won't discuss). Two, in the 501st, it's really whoever gets to an event first, handles it and I am the first 501st member to be part of this. :)

I hope that alleviates some confusion to what I meant. ;)

20. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    You got it Sandy ;)

Like I said I'll post here for Tucson and you can coordinate them. I'll be keeping TD0013 updated because that's the chain of command so to speak, I'll work with anybody he tells me to afterwards...so if you want to handle the DSG end, then just ask him to PM me and tell me to go through you.

21. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Excellent. :D

22. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    Excellent.

It was all just one big misunderstanding. :p

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It was all just one big misunderstanding

Glad to hear it. :D

24. Lucky_Charms

Jul 22, 2002
    So any new information on this Void? :)

25. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Sorry about the delay team, they musta found out I was a Sun Devil.

anyway....

NEWS UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I finally got a reply back from them this morning. I thought I sent the email here to work to post...but it looks like it didn't get through.

The gist of it is...

They are offering 2 free tables and up to four full con passes for $20 each instead of the regular price of $45. So if ANYBODY is interested in this, let me or TD0690 know so I can coordinate with them. I may go at this point, but I'm not sure.

TD...They inculded some special instructions on contacting them for tickets if we go, they'll be in the email I'll post tonight when I get home if the mail server doesn't get with the program before hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.