main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Bash vs Gush: a discussion forum

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hey all.

I caught a post from Qui-Dawn about feeling like some of the fans in Victory Base were bashing Attack of the Clones, and it reminded me that bashing and gushing haven't really been discussed here.

I seem to recall that not many of the current V-base membership was on the Force.net much before AOTC came out, so many of you might not have been aware of the whole Bash vs. Gush phenomenon that followed TPM, which made a reappearance after AOTC.

Now, it's not my impression from our threads here that we are bashers or gushers, for the most part, but one of our members has expressed on a couple of occasions that she feels we bash AOTC.

I'd like to discuss this, because I think bashing is a subjective, experiential thing. What I call critique, someone else could call a bash. And then respond with a comment intended to bash back, insulting the intelligence of the 'basher'. This treads dangerously close to the line of a flame, which is a bannable offence here on the JC.

This forum is in some ways our public face, which means we should really be working at playing well with the other children. Bashing and gushing are both rude behaviours. If you feel you have been bashed, then we need to talk about it. If you feel that one poster's extreme views are being forced upon the group as a whole, it needs to be discussed.

So here's a place to do that.

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.