Basher Sanctuary Episode 4: A New Forum

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    <center><b><font size='4' color='purple'>Welcome to the Prequel Trilogy?s Basher Sanctuary!</font>

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!</b></center>

OK, so what is a New and Improved Basher Sanctuary? Primarily, this is a place for people who are disappointed in the directions the movies have taken with this new generation of films (Prequel Trilogy and Special Editions) and who want a safe place to share this opinions. But you don?t have to hate the PT for this thread to be for you. If you have any disappointment in the PT, even if you like the PT as a whole, this is the thread for you. It?s a place where it?s OK to say you don?t like [x] thing about the PT and fear no retribution. Think you?re alone in your opinion? You?re probably not. Post and find out!

This is also a place for said like-minded people to compare opinions about other movies. So if you?ve wanted to start a thread something along the lines of ?Matrix vs. The PT? but keep having it locked, you can have that conversation here.

So what are the rules? They are many, grab a notepad ;)
    <ol>1) Obey the TOS at all times. </ol>
    <ol>2) No spoilers!!!! Sorry. Yes, we can talk E3 known facts and speculation, but no more.</ol>
    <ol>3) Discuss the films, not the fans. We will ban violators of this one, oh yes!</ol>
    <ol>4) PT fans are welcome, but gushing is not allowed. We have two PT DFs here in SWC, I?d encourage you to visit one of them if you wish to gush. They?re good threads, too! :) Also, as long as people are obeying the TOS, they have the right to criticize the PT/SE?s in this thread. You are allowed to come in here and discuss their opinions with them, but not criticize their opinions or their right to have them in this thread. It?s ?Sanctuary?, please respect that.</ol>
    <ol>5) In this thread, LOTR is considered a better series than the PT, and PJ is ?the man? not Yoda. LOL!! Just joking! (or am I?)</ol>
    <ol>6) Yes, you can talk about non-SW stuff, but keep the conversations about movies, TVs and other media. Real life issues are for YJCC or the Senate and complaints about the JC go to PMs or Comms.</ol>
    <ol>7) This is a PT Basher Sanctuary. If you want to bash the OE (that?s Original Edition or Original Trilogy for those who don?t know what the OE stands for), Go-Mer has a thread here for OE bashing. </ol>
    <ol>8) You have to read what Stryphe posts, and respond favorably to it. Offenders of this rule will be subject to bannings after three strikes. Reading Strilo?s posts are optional.</ol>
  2. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    First response in the new Bashers' Sanctuary. Hurrah!!!
  3. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    TPM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

4. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *places hand on Strilo's shoulder*

You'll do fine here, son...you'll do fine...

:p
  5. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    But see, Strilo, here you don't have to post TPM SUCKS!!! You can instead post...

AOTC SUCKS!!!! :D

and still be on-topic ;)

<b>And that stupid AOTC title sucks, too!!!!</b>
  6. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    // assumes the Gusher-in-Residence chair again

I still hate Boss Nass and am upset that not even the great Brian Blessed could save him.

Shouldn't this Sanctuary be called "Attack of the Bashers" though? :(

Rick McCallum loves you!
  7. Binary_Sunset Force Ghost

star 5
    "You have to read what Stryphe posts, and respond favorably to it. Offenders of this rule will be subject to bannings after three strikes. Reading Strilo?s posts are optional."

[face_laugh]

Stryphe, I really like how you've defined the parameters of the Sanctuary: ("this is a place for people who are disappointed in the directions the movies have taken with this new generation of films (Prequel Trilogy and Special Editions)"

That's precisely how the Sanctuary has been evolving anyway. Now it's official.

Well done, Stryphe! Now let's get to some serious bashing... [face_devil]
  8. MeBeJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Methinks CeeJay may like it here a little better now.

I always thought the TPM forum sucked anyways. :p
  9. jedi_john_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    sooo....I can say that Padme is the worst character in the Star Wars Saga?
  10. The_Ultimate_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Be our guest. You can say anything Basher-like here. Being the Basher's Sanctuary and all. Bash Natalie's acting abilities too if you want.
  11. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Can I say how much I hate the" Anakin, Anakin, NOOOOO!" part in AotC?
  12. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just thought I'd stop in and welcome you guys to your new home on the SWC forum. I even brought you a housewarming gift.

*Hands over TPM DVD*

:cool:
  13. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    But see, Strilo, here you don't have to post TPM SUCKS!!! You can instead post...

AOTC SUCKS!!!

Yah but..... I like AOTC more. :D

14. BlackPool Manager Emeritus

star 4
    And here I was ready to bash the Clone Wars cartoon and the EU.

And what kind of title is "The New and Improved Basher's Sanctuary (with only 3 carbs!)"? What an awful awful title :p

Yeah, I think a lot of people will be happy with this move. Unfortunatly I'm a little bashed out at the moment. Just wanted to say "Hello,"

Good-bye

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Only 3 carbs, huh? That's good, I can post here more often without exceeding my daily limit of 36 carbs! :D

Good show, Stryphe!

<Puts squeeky things under Adam's chair>

EDIT And let me be the first to say "I knew it!" I knew we were moved down the page to get used to the idea of being in here!!
  16. NeimoidianReport Jedi Knight

star 1
    **Takes TPM DVD from -_-_-_-_-_-**

Thanks, now I have a coaster for my drink while watching LOTR!
  17. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
  18. Ree Yees Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hi everybody. I was quite stressed when I saw that ugly line over the previous Sanctuary, and mighty pleased to see that I can now expand the scope of my bashing.

TPM = sucks!
    AOTC = sucks!
    EP3 = will suck!

Special Editions = not so special!!

Clone Wars cartoons = probably not so good!

Holiday Special = well, it's better than AOTC

Two responses to two posts from the previous thread:

Yes, Stryphe, TTT and ROTK have grown on me!

Welcome to the Circle of the Enlightened, RahrKast!
  19. PadmesHairstylist Jedi Master

star 4
    *reads thread*

[face_laugh]

Just stoping by for a little post...don't mind me. ;)
  20. BlueTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    AWESOME!

Finally we can bash all the Crapquels!

This is a day that I have long been looking forward to.

:D :D
  21. Hatter Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, I can't believe the mods passed up the perfect opportunity to ban this thread forever...

aaaanndd my post here is over.

strilo edit: aaaanndd trolling is still against the rules
  22. Ree Yees Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Ban this thread forever...hmmmff...that's a good indication of being in denial.

You can't deny the overwhelming, sincere basherdom that exists, thus it is impossible to deny that the PT is flawed, thus this thread continues to live, in glory of the Original Trilogy, and in spite of the Prequels.

By the way, there should be a paragraph in that opening post that says "...and of course, feel free to gush about 'A Song of Ice and Fire' by George Martin." :p
  23. Lukes_Grandfather Jedi Knight

star 1

Attack of the Bashers

But, just like the clones, we bashers don't actually attack; we are defending the dignity and sincerity of the original SW trilogy -- virtues that have been macerated by the PT.

Attacking, oops, I mean defending...

Ooww... I am so confused!! :(

24. JohnWilliams00 Jedi Master

star 4
    *sighs* You know, to see this most recent spate of changes to our SWC here....and I'm referring to one addition in particular here, I'm sure we all know precisely which one it is, unfortunately....but, yes, in any case - it all really does leave me shaking my head in total befuddlement and, I will say, some disappointment as well....to have such a thing - I guess muddying the waters here, you know? *searching for the right words* I mean, really....when those who so evidently loath some *four-fifths* of The Saga are basically catered to, in such a fashion, on what's supposed to be a Star Wars *fan* site.... *shrugs, a bit downcast* Well, like I said....some confoundment, head-shaking and exasperated eye-rolling does tend to result in such circumstances, as likely as not....aaahhh, only on this site, indeed....evidently. *snerk*

Found that somewhere in this very SWC forum! You know where. Can't be too hard to find. *snerk*
  25. Azanulbizar Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL, JW00.

For a moment there I thought they'd shut the Sanctuary down! :eek:

Although it does feel a bit like we're bumping elbows in this forum more so than TPM. :p

Does that upcoming merger thing mean all the threads in TPM/AOTC will be erased at that point? ?[face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.