main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Basher sanctuary

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JediRandy, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRandy

JediRandy Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 21, 2002
    I searched for a thread on this and came up with nothing. If there is one, go ahead and direct me there.

My issue is with the Basher Sanctuary. It's already debatable if there should even be one, but at the same time, if you don't like reading that stuff, then nobody is forcing you to go there. I do like to troll in there and read what folks are saying. I have a bit of a facination with why some people love SW with such passion and why people hate SW (or aspects of) with such passion.

If you check the link in my sig, you'll see that I am a comic artist. I've been kicking around the idea of doing a comic book where I would comment on this very topic of SW love/hate. The bulk of the stuff around the JC is SW love... that's not hard to find, but for the hate/dislike angle, the place to go is obviously the sanctuary. Call my little trip into the Lion's den research.

Herein lies the problem I find with it. If you aren't a regular in there, you're jumping into a shark pit if you decide to post. You're likely to get banned if you post in there with anything that resembles disagreeing with the regulars, let alone anything in the vacinity of a bait/flame to a regular BS user. While at the same time, the regular users can flame away at someone who disagrees with them. The Mods in there, frankly, are doing a bad job. They let the regulars get away with stuff and ban a BS "newbie" for defending themselves.

I posted in there, as a sock, (because I knew I'd get banned. An admittedly bad plan on my part that backfired in a big way) with a legit question, with no flaming, and got shot down, flamed, insulted, etc. by a regular BS user. It pi$$ed me off and I retaliated. I shouldn't have, but I did. The result? I get a one month ban and the BS user gets looked over by a Mod playing favorites.

I admit I should've gotten banned. I should've just been up front about my intentions, but the BS is a different animal, even though it should not be.

The bottom line is: the other users (and there was more than one) should have been banned too. Not because they insulted me, I could care less. What bothers me is that there are different rules for the BS.

The TOS apply to every board in here, don't they? If Sapes or ROG were Mods in there, it wouldn't be that way.

When my ban was lifted, I did the right thing and PM'ed the Mod to discuss this, but I have yet to get a message back. Another great job by this "Mod".

This is the kind of stuff that gives a really great Message board a bad name. Something should be done about it.

Sadly, I won't hold my breath.

Thanks.

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I posted in there, as a sock, with a legit question

I'm with 'unnamed-moderator'; based from what I've heard, 'legit question' verged on 'borderline flaming'.

3. JediRandy

JediRandy Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 21, 2002
    I'm with 'unnamed-moderator'; based from what I've heard, 'legit question' verged on 'borderline flaming'.

You're basically proving my point. "Un-named-Mod" saw a question that was "boarderline" flaming. There's "boarderline" flaming going on in just about every thread. My question was not flaming. The result I got was this:

Wow, as if on cue...it's been what, two days since someone with two synapses to rub together thinks up this brilliant and witty snap at people in the BS. Dude, here's a tip: read through this thread and you'll have your question answered.

Oh, and while you are reading through, you'll also learn that you're being a troll. Oh, and you'll also learn that many others have thought themselves witty by posting this exact same refrain.

Which makes you not just a troll, but an unoriginal troll. Seriously, feel free to come back and post when you had something of substance to say, or an argument to make, because right now your post (which I'm sure you stayed up all night working on) is utterly interchangable with oh, about two or three dozen similar drive-by attempts at trolling the BS. Take care, and best of luck with coming up at something original to post next time.

This is a flame, is it not? If I posted something like this, I'd get banned. And I should.

So go ahead and agree with unnamed Mod... the TOS apply to everyone. They shouldn't be used for some folks and not for others. When Mods do that, it's a bad job. Period.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Whatever happened with that person is none of your business Randy. You have no idea if they were banned or warned. Your ban however was reviewed by another moderator and an admin.

Let's just review your post shall we?

you may be annoyed by my drive-by attempt to flame your basher ways with a sad, tired line because deep down inside your miserable, bitter, and pathetic soul?.. that sad, tired line sums up the incredibly large amount of pitiful time you spend in here complaining about a movie you "hate" so much....

Or this:

Bash on basher! Keep it real! Real pathetic!

Does anyone question this being both flaming AND trolling? Didn't think so. Better luck next time, Randy.

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I think we'll be locking this up now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.