Oregon Basic Info for Silver Falls Meeting...PLEASE read!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MasterKeyan, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Howdy all!

OK, here's the goods. Audree and I have just secured the location for "Picnic Shelter E" at Silver Falls. It cost us $81, so if no one objects, we will just call that our "contribution" to the meeting. The shelter is open from 8am to 8pm, and there will be stuff to do the entire time. We are leaving to go survey our location here in just a few minutes, and I will have photos to email anyone who would like to see the place. There is a day-use per vehicle charge of only $3 per car...so perhaps car-pooling would be an idea. Audree, myself, and whoever elects to assist as staff will be there more than likely right at about 8 or so. Directions to the location will be given by Park Rangers at the entry gate, so it matters not which end you come in from. Still need volunteers for PotLuck stuff, and a head count for kiddos. There is a plan for the Swap&Shop, so it will be safe, organized, and attended. Any questions can be forwarded to me via PM or other means. I will have a play by play schedule laid out by tomorrow, here, in this thread. NOW would be a GREAT time for suggestions, or anything else you may have. The shelter seats !200! people comfortably, so space, weather, and anything else WON'T be an issue. This is gonna be a blast, so make sure you are there! Those having costumes and preferences of alignment for the live action games/quests, please let em know ASAP, so I can plan accordingly for types of good vs. bad guys showing up!!! Keyan
  2. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I have decided that you rock, Keyan. :cool:
  3. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds fantastic... I can't wait for this meeting!
  4. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why, thank you, little lady...you're pretty dang "jiggy-fly" yourself...(I have NO idea WHAT that means, but I heard it used as a compliment, somewhere...) No, really...thank you. I hope you will be attending...we JUST got back from the site, and WOW...it is SOOOO SWEEET!!! Secluded, over a bridge, bathrooms, running water...PLENTY of SPACE!!! YEEEEE HAAAAA!!!! This is gonna be the coolest time...evaahhhhh!!!
    Sooooo, anyway...quick update, the game is going to be a SW-based MURDER/MYSTERY...so bring your thinking caps as well as blasters and sabers and such...A Senator from (Insert various forest planet here...Endor/Dantooine?) has gone missing...the Jedi Council has asked for a !volunteer! group of knights to investigate. There is a !darker! presence here, one that remains a mystery...where will this adventure take you? Which side will you choose?
    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....seriously, the game needs some players, so, if you are interested in being a key figure, good or bad (WE NEED BOTH!!!) Gotta lemme know...We will need a detachment leader for both sides...I would love some volunteers for Leaders, key figure players, and everyone else can solve the mystery...May the Force be with us all...we're going to need it! We will be forming teams for competition based on alignment and random draw, to keep it fair and balanced...need Storm Troopers, Jedi....ALIENS....EVERYTHING!!! It's ALIVE....ALIVE!!!!(maniacal laughter...)
    Keyan
  5. AramysStrael Force Ghost

star 4
    Stormtroopers??? Does OFF even have any members that costume as Stormtroopers???

*looks around*

Oh crap..... I don't know about Stormtroopers, but we all know where to find the local TIE PILOT!!!!o_O
  6. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me in! I LOVE LOVE LOVE murder mystery games!
  7. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    NOTICE: Senator Amiana Poropp from The Soveriegn System of Dantooine has been found MURDERED at the Planetary Senate Hall on Dantooine. Representatives from BOTH sides of the Force are en route to investigate. Details will be remitted to investigation teams upon arrival at the Dantooine Crime Scene...There is ENTIRELY too much at stake to relay information/evidence over comm channels...a contingency of Jedi from Coruscant, and a Sith envoy from Korriban are underway and will arrive in approximately 16 standard days...

(to anyone from any three-letter government agency "looking in" on us here due to key words in my script...THIS IS ONLY A GAME!!! THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!!)

anyway boys and girls...the fun has begun...the story is prepared, and NOTHING more will be revealed until you arrive with the rest of your detachment. I have no volunteers for either side, as of yet...

Keyan
  8. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    hey i volenteered! do i need to PM you the side or somet hing? I thought it was picked at random.
  9. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK, gotcha Larena! Now, we have to decide the role you are going to play...PM me your character type, alignment, and such...and we'll hammer out the particulars! There are several roles that need filled, but to the nature of them, we MUST discuss it off-board!

Keyan
  10. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
  11. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    UPDATE: The location of Picnic Shelter E is pretty easy...when going through SIlver Falls, go into the day use area (plainly marked), park in the main parking area and follow their signs. We are also going to put up a couple of OFF signs, but after parking, you will go across a small walk-across bridge and make a very short hike back to our area, and there you are...SWEEETTT!! If anyone is planning on making Pot Luck Contributions, please PM me and lemme know, so we know what is coming!

Keyan
  12. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    off-board...i get it...(funny little world we live in!)
  13. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    is there an address to this location so that i may use mapquest?
  14. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow...good question...I was able to get it by merely inputting "Silver Falls State Park", although I am using Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006. I will do my best to see if there is an official address for you, though I can make no assurances. It is very near Silverton, if that helps at all...

Keyan
  15. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    alright guys i asked for that weekend off so hopefully i'll be there
  16. MasterKeyan Jedi Knight

star 1
    COOL! Hopefully one day, there will be the chance to put EVERYONE together in the same place all at once...no luck finding a numeric street address as of yet...only administrative ones, but I am still looking...Brook, I pm'd you what I could find, which is the directions play by play, so hopefully that helps!

Keyan
  17. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    it did help. thank you.
  18. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont know about all of you but i'm waiting for Brook to post a message saying he couldn't get the time off :p
  19. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
  20. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
  21. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    ha! now you don't know what to think!
  22. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    So, who all will be making it to Silver Falls this weekend? Do we have a count?
    Although I can't make it, I am hoping that it will be a big turnout. I want to see pictures !!
  23. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I certainly planned on going.....but there is a little thing called gas money that wasted me this weekend leaving me none for next....so we'll see if i can work more magic....
  24. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Larena_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.