Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MasterKeyan, Sep 1, 2006.
I'm 90% sure I'll be there. And my niece most likely will be with
Larena...do you need a ride? I think we might be able to arrange something, if you need to.
T'would be nice, indeed.
well i laugh in your face larena cuz i got the day off. however my good friend's eagle scout court of honor is later that day, so i'll only be around in the morning/early afternoon.
I have been looking forward to this meeting.... no way am I missing it! I am going to be there!
Solo will be there.
You sure about that? ;-)
yes but you are only going to be around for a bit because you have ANOTHER event. So I was infact partly right.
Larena, I responded to you via PM...looking forward to this Sunday...
So tell me again what time this sunday? And if being picked up makes it earlier, how much earlier? Just need to know some times because I have church until 11:30...but if absolutely needed i could leave before that time. In that case you could pick me up at Chemeketa, lol.
Well, technically, we have the site from 8am til 8pm, but I haven't really heard much from anyone regarding what time they are coming...I am not sure. Since we are the ones who paid the fee, we have to be the ones there first...so, I am not real sure what times people have planned. have not heard if people are planning to pitch in to the pot luck or not, Audree and I are bringing some charcoal and some other stuff, but haven't anything from anyone else...so, i guess we can come and get you whenever...
haha,so basically we need to set a start time for this meeting. PIPE UP EVERYONE! WHAT TIME!
so yeah how about a time? i need to be back in beaverton by 2:00, unfortunately. i still want to come and since we have the place starting at 8:00am i see no reason to wait until the afternoon.
I hold no objections to that. But I wouldn't be able to be there til noonish. So technically I think we will all be there at the same time if not for 30 minutes, haha. But I also feel bad about the ride situation because of the whole "being there early before everyone else" and technically I wouldn't be able to do that....hm...
Thank you for putting this event together. Is there a head count at this time? Is Noon about the time when most folks plan to show up? Is costume required? Gas prices are going down ...so maybe that wont be a problem. It is as of 9-14 $2.77 down here in Springfield. Glad to see Oregon Fan Force active. Peace, Quick2
Quick note to all going to the OFF meeting:
Using the driving directions from the State Park's website, it said that I would be driving about 2 hours to get there. But when plugging in Silver Falls State Park in MAPQUEST, it had the drive time as 1hr 3min or at 1 hr 11min... so I guess the question is this: which entrance are we supposed to go to, the North or South entrace? One has a Sublimity address and the other has Silverton. Not that a few extra minutes would kill me or anything, but it would be nice to know which one I should use. Likewise, there is a possibility that we have a new cat from Springfield to the boards showing up, so this info would be especially useful to him.
By the way, I have managed to tweak my back some, so I don't know how active I will be in the way of swordplay. We'll see how I am feeling come Sunday. I am just hoping that I don't throw my back out again, I really can't afford for that to happen.
Hey Master Keyan, what time are we really starting this shindig?
if I remember right as long as you enter the day use area you'll end up in the right place. Also if you go through Mt. Angel they have the O'fest going on this weekend and that's a huge pain in the rear to drive through.
OK...here's what I've got for everyone...RSG-503 is CORRECT...so long as you proceed to the DAY USE AREA, Picnic Shelter "E", you will be in the right place. As near as I can tell, the DAY USE AREA is near the center of the place...There are signs all over the place, and if you run into issues, find a staff member (they were all over the place when we went to preview the place), and they will provide you with better directions. We are planning on arriving between 8 and 9 to allow for those who wish to get photos started early, I have the ENTIRE day to spend there, so we will likely be the first there, and the last gone! A few folks have said they are bringing pot luck goods, and Audree and I are bringing charcoal and other stuff. So, bear this in mind when it comes to grub...there will be heat to cook by, and some pot-luck goods are coming. As far as activities:
1. Kinda hoping that Kyle will hold a quick discussion on the upcoming fan film fest...(not to put you on the spot there, bud!)
2. There are evidently going to be a few people attending that are quite proficient in costuming, so I am asking that we have a discussion for those that have expressed interest in getting some advice...I will help with this one where I can.
3. A discussion regarding the upcoming OMSI event, and perhaps a strategy/planning session for those wishing to attend in groups.
4. PHOTOS!!! This site is AWESOME, and there are structures there that would be IDEAL for some really sweet photo stuff for those applying for Rebel Legion or DST membership that requires photo dicumentation of their costumes!
5. General discussion regarding SW interests...the new unaltered releases, and such.
6. Perhaps some saber combat time. I have procured my shinai, and am ready to get back on the field...
7. Still gonna try the Swap and Shop thingy...it evidently worked out pretty well at comic event earlier this year, so I thought we could give it a shot. I am putting in some Jedi costume fabric (Brown, light cream, and off-white linen), and two Master Replicas Lightsabers...brand new Luke S. ROTJ green w/ stand NEW, and Anakin ROTS blue w/ stand...mildly modified...and a 4pc. set of Jedi food capsules as I have completed my Staedtler pen cap 8pc, set...prices are subject to trade goods, or best offer....
8. Perhaps a little planning of the next meeting, the who/what/when/where and so forth.
9. We temporarily scrapped the game, but I would like to get some feedback from the group as to those interested and potentially deciding on how it will proceed.
10. Just generally hanging out and getting to know everyone a little better.
Well, that's what I have at the moment, so if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know, and I'll do what I can!
That Info really helped out. I will try to make it..I am new to the Costuming aspect of fandom. I do not have my costume ready. I hope to have it together by end of Oct. Do you know how many people may actually make it out? Peace Quick2 (Allan)
Costuming is great fun, but fear not, you don't have to be a costumer to be a FULL member of the Oregon FanForce (OFF).
I'm not sure how many plan to attend at this time. I do know it's more than 1 and less than 100 . MasterKeyan, is it possible to get a number?
According to all indications. it appears that we are looking for about twenty plus...some OFF members are bringing friends, and so forth...Looks like it's gonna be a sweet time!
I would love to come this, but I also need to be back in Portland by 1:30 or so. I would need to carpool then with someone who plans on staying about the same amount of time as me, and is willing to drop me off afterwards by Lloyd center. Otherwise, I guess I'll be seeing you all at the SW fan film festival next. I took that day off from work just so I could show up. And hopefully by then I will have my Jedi costume made. I Finally have the material washed and dried. I should got to do it. 'Cuz as Yoda says, "Do, or do not, there is no try."
Totally off the subject, but I've been having such fun still getting SW books half off at Powells. My most recent purchase, the first ed. of Star Wars a new hope novel with Ralph McQuarrie art. I want to live in Ralph's SW world. It is to me above and beyond George Lucas' vision. I love to George, really I do, but Ralph to me is something special. I feel my whole body floating and going in his pictures.
Well, darn it my niece is't coming But I still am and with everything goes as I hope I'll be up there around 10 am ish and can stay until 3pm ish.