main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Basic Info for Silver Falls Meeting...PLEASE read!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MasterKeyan, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AugieBenDoggie

AugieBenDoggie Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2003
    I don't get out of work until at least 2PM, so if I'm gonna be there, it'll be well after 3PM.

Still don't have a clue as to what to bring- food-wise, anyway....

2. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Well, I guess that kinda depends on what you want! So far the items I know about are as listed above, and anything else is optional. We are bringing two bags of charcoal, and a bag of BBQ marinated chicken tenderloins, and some cupcakes that my bride made. (yum), and some canned pop. So I guess we'll see. It looks like it's gonna be pretty cool. We are gonna show up pretty early, so everyone is welcome to come and stay! Looking forward to it...

Keyan

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    aww, i wish i could come.

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    [face_laugh]

[face_plain]

5. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Thanks to Master Keyan, the meeting was a hit with Amber and I. A bit of a drive, but a beautiful park. The setting was awesome. I wish we could have stayed longer, but oh well. We had fun, and it was nice seeing/meeting everyone who came. I am interested in seeing about future events there, maybe at the start of next summer (May or june) we could do the big meeting for all of Oregon that is being whispered around. It was nice to see everyone's costumes, they are looking sharp. Can't wait till next time.

Don

6. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Yes was tons of fun and the pictures should be great after they go through the "Bad shot of me.. bad shot of me.. bad shot of me..." incinirator. We may get like ... 1 and a half good shots. ha. Thansk very much for putting it on Keyan.

-Xeco

7. RSG-503

RSG-503 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    Big thanks to Master Keyan. It was great to get to put names with faces. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had to get back by 4:00 (made it just in time lol)

-Russ

8. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    Hey Everyone...

This was a BLAST!!! We all seem to have had a GREAT time...the site was awesome, the scenery was awesome, and we could not have had better weather, etc...Several members got a little saber play in late in the day, got some SWEET photos...BTW...Xeco, did you want ALL of them, or did you want me to edit out the "bad shot of me ones"? There were 61 photos total, and several of them were pretty awesome, but a few were, shall we say...sub-par...I found a few of me I would trade for a better one. Individual photos are ready for editing...also Xeco...you said you could put in saber blades? Please advise PM, so that I can get RL/DST stuff rolling! Thank everyone for making this a very amzingly cool day! This was intense!

Master Keyan

9. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    TOTALLY! What a great time!

Russ, T'Igor was so psyched - he played with the A-Wing all afternoon! That was just super cool of you.

So great to meet you guys, it's always such a treat to hang out with other Star Wars fans and talk shop, practice twirling lightsabers ;) and generally geek out!

Thanks so much to Mike for setting this all up. I'm definitely taking the family back to that park someday... :D

[can't wait till October]

-Kyle

10. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    [image=http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n228/MasterKeyan/DSCF0060.jpg]

This is only the beginning...

11. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    WoW! My brother and I had a really great time. Thanks Mike and Audrie for hosting and procuring such a great site. Really nice to meet/seeing everyone again.
    Love seeing those that have costumes or are making costumes just thrills the heck out of me because it has been my dream to belong to such a great group that shares the same interests. I cant wait for the next meeting and having all of us going to SW OMSI Exhibit together to share the whole thing together. Pure enjoyment. OCT should be really fun.
    -eric

12. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Hey Mike - what color blade to you want....Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, or Orange?

-Kyle

13. RSG-503

RSG-503 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    cool, I'm glad he liked it that well :)

seeing that picture really makes me wish I could have stayed longer.

14. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    Hey Grumpy...

Why, PURPLE. you silly goose! JK, yeah, man...purple would be sweet....

K

15. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/supafun33/off_jedi.jpg]

I was bored.

16. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Ahhhhh.....so close, Brook:
    [image=http://www.freak23.com/images/OFF_sept.jpg]

17. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Dang, maybe i'm glad i didn't show up in my low budget robe and nothing costume :p
    Oh well. Maybe I could have been looking the opposite direction of the camera to add a touch of humor while hiding my lack of costumage.

18. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    WOW!!! VERY nicely done...BOTH of you guys!!! I need someone to show me how to do that! I have some other photos I would like to do that with...Larena and Brook, we missed you guys, and would liked to have seen you, but alas, life takes it's toll...there is always next time!

Keyan

19. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    Thanks for having the meeting .. I wish I could have stayed longer. Like i said my Wife was home ill, and I had to head back. The folks I met were very nice. Thanks Mike for the food capsules. I would have loved to have seen you set up for pics. What time did the rest of group get there? I saw the pics and I was bummed that I was not able to see it in person. My son Alex loved your Luke Skywalker green blade. He talked about it on our way home. Again I wished I could have met with those who came after I left. Peace , Quick2. (Allan)

20. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I think Rachel, T'Igor and I showed up around 1pm (although to be honest I wasn't paying too much attention to the time).

-Kyle

21. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Yay for another successful OFF meeting! Pictures look great :)

22. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004

Wow... see that, Solo? While you're posing I've got my blaster on your head! Those stinkin Jedi could save you in time if I cracked off a shot! ;-)

I had an awesome time down there. My only regret is that I wasn't able to get there sooner. Sucks having a back go out on me like that. But I made it, and I was glad that I did.

To the powers that be: I need those single pics of me relatively soon, so that I can turn them in to Todd over at CCG for membership. Thanks!

- Bill (the gIMP???)

23. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

Well at least none of these Jedi are impaling me with their lightsabers.... the amount of work that is needed in restoring a good set of armor that has had a lightsaber blade run through it... sheesh. And don't get me started on the rebuilding of the chest box..... ;-)

24. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Dude.. I'm sorry I missed you. I was looking forward to meeting you. My back went out Thursday night/ Friday morning, so I am still recovering from that. So it took me forever just to even "roll" out of bed and get myself situated for the drive down there. Driving with a messed up back was an interesting experience. But the good news is that I am on the mend and shall be at a full recovery soon. Hopefully real soon!

- Bill ( the gIMP???)

25. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    [image=http://www.freak23.com/images/whoops.jpg]

Uh-ohhhhh. Looks like someone slipped....

-Kyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.