main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Basic Info on the Arizona Mills Line-Up Event

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    ok, by an oversight on my part there has been a lack of basic info about the line-up on this board...
    so i'm going to change that!

The Star Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Clones Line-Up Event at the Harkins Arizona Mills 24 Theaters will be the largest such event in Arizona and will strive to be the largest in the world.
    We have developed this event to cater to not only the fans of the soon to be released Episode II, but to fans of all the Star Wars movies. We anticipate tremendous participation with most of the local fan groups, plus we will be seeing fans from neighboring states as well. To greet all the participants, we will be having daily activities such as various types of games and food donated to us by our sponsors.

The event starts on 12:01am, the 3rd of May and continues thru to 12:01am on the 16th when we will all watch Attack of the Clones for the first time. During these two weeks participants will be honored with visits by local celebrities, special groups, and pretty much every major media outlet in the region. Local and national sponsors will be providing food and beverages at no cost, or reduced cost, to the participants of the event for the entire duration of the event.

During the event, participants will accrue time points which, when totaled up at the end, will contribute to their final place in line. The longer you stay in line, the sooner you get into the theater to get good seats. you do not have to stay at the line all the time! you can come and go as you please, but the more you stay, the more points you will accrue!

Harkins 24 at Arizona Mills Mall is situated in the Southeast quadrant of the intersection of Interstate 10 and Superstition Freeway (US Hwy 60), 9 miles southeast of downtown Phoenix and 7 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Harkins 24 theaters features; 24 THX-EX Certified screens, stadium-style seating with reclining bucket seats, 3 gourmet snack bars featuring Pepsi soft drinks, and a special full-size preview screen in the main entrance. Arizona Mills mall is a part of the national Mills chain and features a dynamic mix of 175 value retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues including; GameWorks, IMAX 3D, Harkins Luxury 24 Cinemas, Virgin Megastore, Rainforest Café, and Hilo Hattie.

you can find a map here by entering the address:
    5000 Arizona Mills Circle
    Tempe, Az. 85282

TIMELINE

May 3rd
    12:00am

Event Kick-Off Celebration featuring a Special Guest and members of the Arizona 501st Dune Sea Garrison Imperial Costuming Club. Event participants are now allowed to set up their respective ?camps?.

May 4th
    Until 6pm on the 15th

Event ensues with the following special events tentatively scheduled on different days and different times during the event. Final schedule will be worked out well before the line-up event starts.

Special appearance by Dan Harkins, the owner of Harkins Theaters, at various times throughout the line-up

Special appearance by local celebrities at various times

Coordinated appearance by members of the Arizona Chapter of the 501st Imperial Costuming Club, the Dune Sea Garrison.

Coordinated appearance by members of the Arizona Chapter of the Rebel Legion Costuming Club

Live daily game show loosely based on the Comedy Central game show called Beat the Geeks featuring 1 expert each in the original trilogy movies, prequel movies, and expanded universe, with a special guest geek with expert knowledge in another field. Prizes to be given away are additional bonus time in line.

Live game show lasting the entire 2 weeks based very loosely on the CBS show Survivor with 2 teams competing in various skills and knowledge events such as Star Wars video games and Star Wars trivia until only a select few remain then it?s each person for themselves until only one remains. Prizes to be given away to all participants are additional bonus time in the line. The ultimate Star Wars Survivor will au

2. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Sounds great!

I can't wait for this to start!

Unfortunatelky, I'll miss the opening, since I'll be in IND at SWC2....

Jody, get with me and we'll figure out who's going to be here in town and we'll get that all hammered out for you guys so you have some good reliable 501st support on opening night.

3. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    I have some Questions but im gunna bring them up at the meeting on saturday little things but they seem kinda important.
    most important what kinds of things is the security at mills concerned with.
    alot of other stuff you all probable have covered. but ill still ask them on saturday.

4. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Sounds good! That's a LOT of people.. too bad I don't live anywhere near AZMills.

5. Lord_Erly

Lord_Erly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2001
    Same for me, not that I could stay in line for more than an hour either. That's just not my thing.

I prefer calling the local cinema timely to get my seat reservations. :D

6. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Erly, you're too funny! Yeah, you'd have a loooong trip gettin' to AZ Mills. [face_laugh] As the Brits are fond of sayin', you'd have to "cross the pond" - last I checked, SW movie tickets were a LOT cheaper than Lufthansa Airlines tickets. ;) Yeah, stick to calling. :D

sideshow is armed to the teeth with Line info, so feel free to ask!!

^.^

7. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Here's a stupid question:
    Anyway those of us going to Celebration II can get a "few" virtual line points?
    Hey, I had to ask...

It will suck to miss the opening though.

8. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    harpm1,if your going to the celebration, your only going to miss the first weekend...trust me, there is still ALOT to look forward too! ;)

arizonasithlord i look forward to meeting you and answering your questions at the meeting!

9. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    FYI: the azlineup website is fully(well, mostly) operational! check it out here!
    and don't forget to check out the FAQ!

10. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Well, I'm QUITE impressed on how big the event will be.

11. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    ok now i have even less questions for you guys good job.

12. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Extremely impressive!!!!!

13. dustchick

dustchick Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm happy that we won't have to trek over to the Denny's in the middle of the night to use the facilities, like we did in 1999. Looks like you guys have done a great job of planning. Thanks!

14. Lord_Erly

Lord_Erly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2001
    You'd be surprised kreleia, my tickets to Louisiana and back cost me about $900 last year.

Not sure if it's "a LOT cheaper" that those SW tickets. ;)

If you have the option between paying $900 and (having to) hang out at a cinema for 14 days - mind you that's over 20,000 minutes - in order to get good seats, some of the less patient people among us might be tempted. :D

15. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    alas, the digital projector will not be at azmills! this is due to a late decision by the regional maketing director from harkins, and is out of my hands...
    we will however, still have the line-up event at azmills, and harkins is dicouraging lining up at any other theatre for longer than the day of the showing...

the line-up event is for the whole ball of wax, not just tickets! when tickets go on sale, we will not organize you according to time, that is for seating on the 16th!!! when tickets go on sale, the people who are in the line-up will (obviously) be there before anyone else and will be in line first to buy tickets. the ticket line is seperate seeing as people may come to by tickets but not stay in line to see the movie!

16. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    *me replying to my own thread again to keep it alive...*

ok, alot of you have asked about electricity and internet access, so here's the skinny as of now...

electricity-we will have about 25 outlets MAXIMUM! this means that it will be distributed upon a first come/first serve basis, but the line staff will have the final say on how it is distributed, so the first person to show up doesn't get to plug in 25 things! the amount of electricity per group will depend on the size of the group and what they want to plug in. this will mostly be worked out when we are actually in line, but please try to keep your electrical needs to a minimium!

internet access-unfortunately, we will not be able to provide internet access to anyone in the line-up event. we had a provider check out the site for us, and due to the proximity of a large cell tower, it is not to be. :(

17. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Bumping up this thread as more newbies are coming on the scene.

18. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Hey all, Here's my problem. I'd like to do the line-up, at least for a few hours here and there where possible,but...
    My wife has school on Wednesday nights and I have to stay home with the kids. I won't be able to get to AZ Mills till about 11 pm. Will this be too late to get into the theatre before the non-lineup crowd?

I'll probably still come down just to meet everyone and say "hi", but should I even bother trying to log any time?

Thanks

19. Jinnetics

Jinnetics Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 1999
    So, when does it become too late to join the line-up? I have my tickets, but I would only be able to stand a few hours here and there in line because of my work schedule.

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Come out when you can. You DO NOT have to spend the whole time there.

I have a pregnant wife and a 19 month old daughter. I will spend a few hours here and there as well. Come when you can and hang out. :D

Join the party!!!

It's a blast!!!

21. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Bump!

Ahh the memories!

Memories of realising all the dohnuts we're gone when I found out about them.

Memories of coming back from work and knowing I again missed occasional media visits.

Memories of staying up all night for 3-TV on opening day. :D

Memories of watching 10-30 people running out into the parking lot with Lightsabers. :D

Memories of the 501st! Actually, finding out about the existance of PFF and the 501st was really cool too!

All of it was so much fun. The only thing that could have been different would be to remember the blow-up matress, pre-made signs sayign 'Yes we have jobs' and 'Feed the Fans' Oh, and more $ for toys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.