main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Basic question, don't laugh.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by NissoJape, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    here are some basic questions for star wars decipher....

what is Boba's defense value when he's
    power3 ability2 armor5-that boba

what is his defense value? what if a weapon says ability, would it be ability regardless?

are there any interrupts where i can cancel a characters game text, chewbacca is who i am looking for.

how many locations should i have?

Do you guys find it more fun to play with no force drain, and jus building huge battles, 2 to be exact(one space, one ground) and then battleing regardless of force, just reshuffle the force, i do....i think it's fun, you guys?

how many senses should i have playing against someone using many combined attacks?

thanks again.

2. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    You might want to repost this in the Ask Artie thread.

R'Bolt

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    my 2 cents...

>>what is Boba's defense value when he's
    power3 ability2 armor5-that boba, what is his defense value?<<

the Armor becomes his defensive value.

>>what if a weapon says ability, would it be ability regardless?<<

I *think* that all weapons retroactively now target defense values instead of ability.

>>are there any interrupts where i can cancel a characters game text, chewbacca is who i am looking for.<<

I don't recall an interrupt that does it, but there are other card types that do- such as the 4-LOM w/built in weapon.

>>how many locations should i have?<<

I think most decks tend to be around 4 to 6, but it depends on the decks. Personally, I try to use as few as possible, and build my deck to work best around just those few.

>>Do you guys find it more fun to play with no force drain, and just building huge battles, 2 to be exact(one space, one ground) and then battleing regardless of force, just reshuffle the force, i do....i think it's fun, you guys?<<

I usually play by normal gameplay rules, with the occasional exception (playing a lightside vs lightside game or a 4-player game, for instance).

>>how many senses should i have playing against someone using many combined attacks?<<

You might be better off using one of the interrupting grabbing effects- lets you grab an interrupt the opponent just played, stacks that card on your effect, and the next time the player plays that card again, they have to pay extra force equal to the number of copies of that card on the effect, and then grabs that card as well, and so on and so forth. Eventually, you'll take all his copies outta his deck.

They also made defensive shield versions as well, which might be an even beter option since then they don't take up any deck space like an effect or a bunch of senses would.

I usually don't play with that many senses or alters, because I usually end up just not having room for them in my deck designs...thats not a good thing though, I'd imagine, so you might want to consider stacking two or three if interrupts are a concern.

4. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you so much

question!

what is the biggest manueverbility ship you ever created, i played against a 12 manuev gold 2

5. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    what is Boba's defense value when he's
    power3 ability2 armor5-that boba

5. Armor or maneuver is always used as a defense value; only when absent would you use a character's ability.

TRIVIA QUESTION #1: What SW:CCG character(s) uses its MANEUVER as its defense value?

what if a weapon says ability, would it be ability regardless?

ALL weapons that were released before Special Edition that targeted "ability" were errata-ed or clarified to target defense value instead. A weapon card released AFTER Special Edition that targets ability would STILL target ability.

TRIVIA QUESTION #2: What post-SE SW:CCG weapon card(s) still targets ability?

So, if you have a weapon card that targets ability, if it is an older card look it up in the Glossary and Supplement to Glossary.

are there any interrupts where i can cancel a characters game text, chewbacca is who i am looking for.

Well, Chewbacca is particularly vulnerable to "Set For Stun", which would go one step further than just canceling his game text.

You can also cancel a character's game text by capturing them ... might be something to think about....

how many locations should i have?

This is personal preference, but I rarely have more than 6 locations in my deck. You need characters (or ships with ability anyway) to win games, not locations.

Do you guys find it more fun to play with no force drain, and jus building huge battles, 2 to be exact(one space, one ground) and then battleing regardless of force, just reshuffle the force, i do....i think it's fun, you guys?

House rules are always fun. But personally, I find the rules as written to be satisfying enough.

One thing I've always wanted to try, but haven't gotten around to it yet, is to play a game 2-on-2, and each player plays a different objective card (or no objective). Wouldn't you like to combine, say, No Money No Parts No Deal with Court of the Vile Gangster? Or Echo Base Operations with Hidden Base?

(Shrug) Just a thought....

how many senses should i have playing against someone using many combined attacks?

Not sure what you mean by "combined attacks", or how Sense will help against that....

Even when I put Sense into my deck, I don't put that many copies in. 1 or 2 is usually all I use. I really wouldn't use more than 3 or 4, you just won't get that much use out of them.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Trivia #1: IM4-099

I dunno about #2.

7. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    Hey, Bib! Welcome back from being banned again. You're beginning to resemble Steve McQueen's character from The Great Escape... :)

IM4-099 is one of the characters that uses maneuver for a defense value. But there's at least one more, and he/she/it is not a droid....

Hmmm... I double-checked the weapon I was thinking of for #2, "Stun Blaster," and I was wrong, it targets defense value. But I did find several more weapons both pre- and post-SE that still target a character's ability.

Well, maybe "target" is the wrong word....

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I haven't been banned for more than a month, so you're a little late in welcoming me back. ;)

9. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks everyone who answered my questions.....

10. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    BIG QUESTION:::::::::::::::

when you use an interrupt that requires a destiny, can another interrupt that CAN cancel it, cancel it after the destiny has been drawn???? this has been stumping me.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The action procedure in the Glossary 2.0 should help you out with that. Here's a synopsis:

It is the LS player's turn for an action. He plays an Interrupt. He takes the card out of his hand, reveals it, and pays any costs.

Step 1: Meet requirements, pay costs, play the card.

Step 2: Optional responses to the initiation of the Interrupt.

Step 3: Card has its result.

Step 4: Players can respond to the results of the Interrupt.

If you wish to cancel the Interrupt, you would do it in Step 2. The destiny drawn for the Interrupt would occur in Step 3.

12. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    The one caveat I would make to Bib's explanation is that some interrupts require you to draw destiny as part of the cost -- not as part of the result. Nabrun Leids, for example, has a cost, but that cost is determined by a destiny draw. You can wait and Sense your opponent's Nabrun Leids after he draws destiny.

No more guesses on the trivia questions? Need a hint?

13. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, thanks.

14. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    Dams Denna
    Theed palace
    Power 1 ability 2 maneuver 4

15. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    Young_Ben named the other character with Maneuver.

As for weapons that target ability, I'll give you one of them, and then I bet you can name the rest:

Infantry Mine

16. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    i don't use mines so that's ok.

17. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Great quote but try this one

"but what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glories of heaven" Romans 8:18

my favorite, and where can you get an underlying message?

18. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Go to the "Options" link on the bar just above a post, then click on "Change Your User Details." The lines for your signature are at the bottom of that page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.